ELEGNT's RColt Version R

ELEGNT

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well after 3 days of faffing around i finally got my intercooler on. i brought mild steel stright pipe, 90's and donuts and pretty much made the piping from scratch. so after painting the last bits today i finally got it all back together and took it for a drive.

AAAAANNNNNNDDDD.......im not sure if i really like it:( i didnt get anymore boost like everyone else got still only 18 psi, the midrange punch was flattened out feels alot like an N/A car. and it just doesnt seem as fast as before:( it may have gained margainly top end but that about the only thing. turbo sound is also louder which was something possitive i guess

well here are some photos. btw its 2.25" and core is 550x180x65, and total cost for everything came to $595

Mounted cooler

a4bj0m.jpg

Mounts

a28113.jpg

Mounts again

jr4g9l.jpg

Painting Bits

24vi6w3.jpg

Piping all on

rh7re8.jpg

dude, your not going to gain boost from adding an FMIC, if anything you will loose some (dependent on boost level and spec of the intercooler)

what you will gain is cooler, denser air.. reducing detonation and allowing the timing to advance a little = more powah.

make sure you reset your ECU and then take it for a good flog.

dude, your not going to gain boost from adding an FMIC, if anything you will loose some (dependent on boost level and spec of the intercooler)

what you will gain is cooler, denser air.. reducing detonation and allowing the timing to advance a little = more powah.

make sure you reset your ECU and then take it for a good flog.

the main reason i did it was to decrease the chance of detonation, esp in summer.

went for a real drive tonight and i can say that it is faster midrange not so much but from 4k up u can notice it *happppppppyyyyyyyy*

having come from a 200sx, can tell you changing the FMIC doesn't do jack without changing something else (as per mickwheels)

What it does allow you to do is run more safely, and run more boost.

looks good, will look even better from my rear view mirror. New mod goes on today, fingers crossed, reckon it's going to be real interesting now.

BTW, great handiwork, and can't believe your still wearing those naff white flip flops

whitestivo

just looking at all your pipe work, and damn you did a nice job on it... all welded and shaped to fit perfectly.. you even put heat shield where it goes past the dump.. very good work.

having come from a 200sx, can tell you changing the FMIC doesn't do jack without changing something else (as per mickwheels)

What it does allow you to do is run more safely, and run more boost.

looks good, will look even better from my rear view mirror. New mod goes on today, fingers crossed, reckon it's going to be real interesting now.

BTW, great handiwork, and can't believe your still wearing those naff white flip flops

whitestivo

yeh main reason i did it was cos im running more boost, so whats the new mod are u going to keep it a secret or are u going to post up in your members ride thread? my guess would be some nice 18"???

just looking at all your pipe work, and damn you did a nice job on it... all welded and shaped to fit perfectly.. you even put heat shield where it goes past the dump.. very good work.

thanks mate took me effin ages to weld that, and my welder is pretty ***** lol...and yes heat wrap cos its about 1 cm away from the dump. it makes the world of diff u can pull over after an hour of driving and just hold onto it its not even hot, amazing!

thanks for all the positive feedback guys :)

that looks really good for diy job, the may of got better response if you went with smaller diameter piping from the turbo say 2inch hot side and 2.25 cold side, i think it would of helped with response and the car would feel less flat.

the turbo running on 18psi should be right on its limit, and running any more boost should have a negative effect from now on. i think youve gone a little big with the piping, unless you intend to run a bigger turbo in the the future.

DUDE im confused LOL wtf ur car looks exactly the same as seans now just with out air dams LOL! oh cmon man dont sook out tonite LOL!

yeh i know but his is still faster lol...i want to get him out for photos to but he didnt come out either....nar man just doing nothin at home tonight...oh...i mean...have important dinners to go to sorry man + my brakes dont work LOL...jks got study to do brus

i rekon you need some mesh infront of the IC

nar i want the sh|t all out and about lol + the mesh that used to be in there doesnt fit anymore...why do u say that tho, too make it more stelth or just protect it a bit more?

Edited by ELEGNT

DUDE im confused LOL wtf ur car looks exactly the same as seans now just with out air dams LOL! oh cmon man dont sook out tonite LOL!

yeh i know but his is still faster lol...i want to get him out for photos to but he didnt come out either....nar man just doing nothin at home tonight...oh...i mean...have important dinners to go to sorry man + my brakes dont work LOL...jks got study to do brus

i rekon you need some mesh infront of the IC

nar i want the sh|t all out and about lol + the mesh that used to be in there doesnt fit anymore...why do u say that tho, too make it more stelth or just protect it a bit more?

little of both, but mostly to stealth it a bit more, concidering the dark color of the car, black wheels, etc.. i rekon some black mesh there would look good, even if you leave the cooler shiny so you can see it through the mesh.

doesnt fit anymore front mount is too big and pipes get in the way, dont want to cut it either cos if i need to go back to stock i wont have it

oh what a shame.....just have to be a balla and rep it out and about for some respect ahahah

ROWAN = +1 for street cred

WHITESTIVO = -10 street cred for current 'performance' mod

Edited by ELEGNT