Facelifted Auris (Corolla Hatch)

First previewed as the Auris HSD Concept at Frankfurt, here's what we can expect in Australia. A facelift for the JDM-only Toyota Blade (Upscale version of the Auris.) will follow.

New to the Japanese market is a sporty 'RS' grade, with 6 speed Manual (Previously, only CVT was available with both 1.5 & 18 engines for JDM.), body kit, red illuminated Optitron gauges, sports suspension (10 mm lower) and optional 17 inch wheels (Like the the previous gen. Corolla Fielder/ RunX Z 'AeroTourer' & Allex RS180, alloy wheels were optional.).

be9cae84-0e6f-4b73-9f35-a9eb4d6c4845.JPG

Auris RS

img_20091013_14520646_1_l.jpg

img_20091013_14520646_2_l.jpg

img_20091013_14520646_3_l.jpg

180G/ 150X Interioir shown in Beige

img_20091013_14520646_4_l.jpg

Regular Auris 150X/ 150X 'M Package'/ 180G

TO_S175_F001_M003_1_L_S.jpg

TO_S175_F001_M003_2_L_S.jpg

Toyota Japan Auris Website

Toyota Japan Auris Customize Car

Toyota Japan Auris Genuine Accessories

Note: Was going to post up a link to the brochure, but the Gazoo page for the Auris isn't fully updated yet (At time of posting.).

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Damn i like it alot! UPGRADE?? Do u know the release date?

we should have them in AUS late Nov i think

I had heard Feb 10 from acouple of sources although Nov 09 would make more sense in terms of normal model cycles

New engine too. With Valvematic! 2ZR-FAE as opposed to our 2ZR-FE.

That would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath, keep in mind we currently get a 4 speed auto instead of the 5, 6 or 7 speed boxes (with steering wheel padels) that other parts of the world get.

late nov 2009? or 2010? I'll be happy with that new grille and lights :)

late nov 2009? or 2010? I'll be happy with that new grille and lights :)

Australia seems to get their facelift models in mid-late November or December. So since it's just out overseas, then it's most likely going to be this coming November or December.

I'll have to wait and see it in the metal i think.

Carsales has a brief item about it in their news section. November seems to be right but Toyota oz won't confirm this is what we are getting.

To me the Levin ZR should have LED tail lights and mirror indicators to keep up with the competition. IF it comes out with these and 5 spd auto and better power and economy then i'll likely be buying one in January when the import duty drops by 5%. They will maybe even adjust the price downwards for the aussie dollar too.... 10 weeks to go....

The new TRD Sportivo version looks good, as does the Modellista kit..

TRD Sportivo version:

main02.jpg

Modellista kit:

main2.jpg

Also digging the new black surround in their headlights! Very aggressive.

• 5 weeks later...
New engine too. With Valvematic! 2ZR-FAE as opposed to our 2ZR-FE.

Just been going through the JDM brochure,interesto :)

Still have a 1.5 and 1.8 motors and still all auto except for the RS model(optional 6spd) and the auto has paddles on the wheel...

The RS 2ZR-FAE has 108kw in manual and the CVT auto has 106kw,same optitron dash but in red and red stitching on seats and

door trims and 17"s standard on RS, everything else pretty much the same..

Could this be our new Levin ZR ?

This model began production in Japan as of October '09. Any orders taken now in Australia that cant be filled with australian stock will be the new shape. Scheduled for mid January delivery '10.

I personally dont like that rear bar at all, looks very heavy and too much emphasis on the reflectors. The front isnt too bad. Im thinking the next face lift will be a better look, this seems to be one of those "inbetween" shapes to me.

This model began production in Japan as of October '09. Any orders taken now in Australia that cant be filled with australian stock will be the new shape. Scheduled for mid January delivery '10.

I personally dont like that rear bar at all, looks very heavy and too much emphasis on the reflectors. The front isnt too bad. Im thinking the next face lift will be a better look, this seems to be one of those "inbetween" shapes to me.

I don't think there will be another facelift. Usually, it's the "all new" model followed by a facelift model at about 2-3 years later. Then 2 years later, another "all new" model and the cycle repeats itself. :)