decisions

beaves

Well after being on a bit of a hiatus from my Aurion (been away with work) for the last 6 months, I finally thought about heading in to Jax tyres here in Townsville and getting a quote on some 19" B Boss Eleanors with tyres for my black SX6 and the price ........$2900!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked what the difference was for 18" and the quote for those were $2400.

do these prices sound a bit inflated????

Edited by beaves

Just doing a quick look through the net, seems Tempe Tyres have the KSpeed Biaggi's which look identical to the Eleanors for $1999 with tyres (not sure what tyre they fit to them).

b_biaggi%20b%20face.jpg

Anyone had dealings with Tempe Tyres????

Edited by beaves

Why dont you phone them and ask.

They normally flexible for tyres in the same price range or if something you like is bit more than whay they want to sale, ask for that!

You can post what kind of tyres they can do the deal and maybe we can suggest which one is better.

Cheers.

Terry

EDIT: I think these would suit a black SX6... but.... that is quite a large sum of cash.. I can tell you I got my 19" Lensos with Kumo tyres for less than $2000.

I am not a a fan of these sorts of wheels.. I dont want to offend anyone but they arnt very unique and are always seen on white commodores. What I am trying to say is they are very Australian..

ps. Much love out to the AU.

lol trying not to get your head chopped off jeff?

There is St george tyres that are similiar to the ones you want for less than 1900.. But im assuming thats with budget tyres..

Not sure if they do postage.. Wouldnt hurt to ask..

lol trying not to get your head chopped off jeff?

St george Tyres have a similiar set of 19" to the ones you want for less than 1900.. But im assuming thats with budget tyres..

I think they're called Brute

i think they do postage.. Wouldnt hurt to ask..

Edited by Stylusion

EDIT: I think these would suit a black SX6... but.... that is quite a large sum of cash.. I can tell you I got my 19" Lensos with Kumo tyres for less than $2000.

I am not a a fan of these sorts of wheels.. I dont want to offend anyone but they arnt very unique and are always seen on white commodores. What I am trying to say is they are very Australian..

I know what you are saying, but I think on a black SX6 the Eleanors would look excellent.

Uniqueness of them doesn't phase me, up here in Townsville there are a few cars getting around with them but not a great heap.

I saw these Fox's and I think they would look pretty good as well on a blacky (someone else here has them as well I think) $2350 delivered sounds pretty good to me, will ring tomorrow and chuck up what tyres they come with

BG_FOX_FASHION.jpg

They only come in 20"s though...........anyone had dramas with putting 20s on their Aurion??

Edited by beaves

Now we are talking! They are hot.. I think you are right, some one else has them or something very similar on a dropped silver ATX (sorry cant remember the user but its a hot car).

Have a few searches around in the Aurion section for previous advice on 20" as well as the FAQ by DJKOR pinned at the top of Aurion section.

LOL Style.

Just doing a quick look through the net, seems Tempe Tyres have the KSpeed Biaggi's which look identical to the Eleanors for $1999 with tyres (not sure what tyre they fit to them).

b_biaggi%20b%20face.jpg

I have used Tempe Tyres before, and you get what you pay for. What I mean by that is the wheels are pretty average when it comes to quality, however, mine lasted quite a while. The tyres are usually the cheap things like Nankang's or something similar, unless you request another brand of tyre.

Chances are, they will be the same kind of quality wheel with slightly better tyres from Jax. So check out what freight will cost you and pay another visit to Jax, remember that you are the customer and have bargaining power. Just don't expect them to do you any favours if you get the wheels from Tempe and ask Jax to put them on.

I have used Tempe Tyres before, and you get what you pay for. What I mean by that is the wheels are pretty average when it comes to quality, however, mine lasted quite a while. The tyres are usually the cheap things like Nankang's or something similar, unless you request another brand of tyre.

Chances are, they will be the same kind of quality wheel with slightly better tyres from Jax. So check out what freight will cost you and pay another visit to Jax, remember that you are the customer and have bargaining power. Just don't expect them to do you any favours if you get the wheels from Tempe and ask Jax to put them on.

I had exactly the opposite experiance with Tempe. You need to be precise on what you want and expect from them, it helps to do your research and speak their language (I mean car language not Lebanese).

Also,

Its 1stkill with the killer atx.. His in Melbourne so it shouldnt be a problem.. althought if I saw any Aurion anywhere with my rims on id be ******.. But i doubt itll happen.

2v1tac1.jpg

b_biaggi%20b%20face.jpg

I think I should be able to do them at home mate, hehehehe.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

Edited by beaves

I had exactly the opposite experiance with Tempe. You need to be precise on what you want and expect from them, it helps to do your research and speak their language (I mean car language not Lebanese).

Also,

Its 1stkill with the killer atx.. His in Melbourne so it shouldnt be a problem.. althought if I saw any Aurion anywhere with my rims on id be ******.. But i doubt itll happen.

2v1tac1.jpg

I would take it as a form of flattery mate :D

Now we are talking! They are hot.. I think you are right, some one else has them or something very similar on a dropped silver ATX (sorry cant remember the user but its a hot car).

Have a few searches around in the Aurion section for previous advice on 20" as well as the FAQ by DJKOR pinned at the top of Aurion section.

LOL Style.

I think the wheels look similar to "1stkill"'s wheels if i am not wrong..

As for Tempe Tyres, i got my wheels from them, took them a little longer to ship it over to Brisbane as they don't have the stocks but i am happy with the purchase..

I know what you are saying, but I think on a black SX6 the Eleanors would look excellent.

Uniqueness of them doesn't phase me, up here in Townsville there are a few cars getting around with them but not a great heap.

I saw these Fox's and I think they would look pretty good as well on a blacky (someone else here has them as well I think) $2350 delivered sounds pretty good to me, will ring tomorrow and chuck up what tyres they come with

BG_FOX_FASHION.jpg

They only come in 20"s though...........anyone had dramas with putting 20s on their Aurion??

Yep there my wheels Fox Fashion 20x8.5...i got em about 12mths ago,i only got the wheels from Tempe Tyres and sourced my own Yokohamas down here in Melb.

Funny my wheels get a mention because i only just saw a red VE Comm 2days ago with em on and thought they looked like sh!t,thats the only time i've seen em on another car in 12mths.

1st kill, is your Aurion lowered and do you have any dramas with the 20" rims scrubbing/rough ride??

Yep lowered on Pedders...occasional scrubbing on top of the front tyres on big dips in the road,no scrub from side to side or on full lock and they fit perfect in the wheel arches,95% of driving time no probs. B)

and the rides ok,but it would be a lot worse if i had bought sh!t tyres with my rims... :)

niiiiice, sorry, i forgot to look in your sig as to what you have done to yours!!!!! hahaha.

I have lowered mine with pedders as well, though I haven't got a camber kit, but knowing that yours is okay is a bit of piece of mind if I decide to get the 20's. I might have to get the camber kit if I get them as well I suppose. Thanks mate.

Edited by beaves

KSpeed Biaggi look good there are a few auions on here with them on...looks classy

HT.. wheres a good place to get lenso's??

All of the good wheel and tyre places have or can get Lensos. There are a lot of places that dont stock Lenso wheels, I would steer right clear of any place that doesnt stock the larger known brands. That didnt answer the question at all. Sorry. I dont know.