black acrilic bonnet protectors

SCOOTA44

A lot of people get the clear one then paint it.

thanks for that I thought I might have to do that, just feel the need to break up the bonnet a bit as its a large area ( maybe a bonnet scoop ) lol

A lot of people get the clear one then paint it.

thanks for that I thought I might have to do that, just feel the need to break up the bonnet a bit as its a large area ( maybe a bonnet scoop ) lol

Maybe a quick photoshop will show you the end results.

A bonnet protector would be a wise and functional idea. After all the driving I have done, that is one thing I wish I bought... as well as a clear car bra. Now I need a respray.

Scoota,

i had mine painted blue at it looks tops. got harress Co-Op down your way and get it painted, also get the clips painted too if it's possible the grey stands out liek dogs you know what.

A bonnet protector would be a wise and functional idea. After all the driving I have done, that is one thing I wish I bought... as well as a clear car bra. Now I need a respray.

g'day daryl, yes I have got my fair share of paint chips, blinking gravel trucks ! I want the black one to go with the black trim ( grill foglamp surrounds etc ). would look better than clear.

I feel exactly the same after 5 trips up the coast in the last 2 months.... but......

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up.

Same goes for your car.. Live it up and enjoy it the way you have been. And while your at it goto your grandmas place and rip the plastic covers off the lounge chair you could never sit on then have a rest on it while eating choco ice cream with your hands.

Scoota,

i had mine painted blue at it looks tops. got harress Co-Op down your way and get it painted, also get the clips painted too if it's possible the grey stands out liek dogs you know what.

thanks adamsy iI know someone in there, might see him tomorrow, though I dont think he's happy that I get the car seviced somewhere else, but I can only ask.

I feel exactly the same after 5 trips up the coast in the last 2 months.... but......

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up.

Same goes for your car.. Live it up and enjoy it the way you have been. And while your at it goto your grandmas place and rip the plastic covers off the lounge chair you could never sit on then have a rest on it while eating choco ice cream with your hands.

Those are good words of wisdom as well. I do think about that sometimes as well. Mainly when I see the black car bras. I think to myself, why get a good looking front end if you are only going to hide it most of the time.

My car has built up some battle scars, but it's accumulated to the point that I start to care less about them now. It is my daily drive after all.

It's just one of those things that you wish you could prevent.

yes do that and let us know how you get on. If you have no luck let me know as i work for Gowans Motor Group up North we could certainly fix you up with one. Also as long as your mehcanic is using genuine Filters on your SX6 and as it stands they have no choice as there is no aftermarket replacement for the 04152-31090 oil filter that the 2GR-FE V6 takes in the Aurion, Kluger and Rav4 there is nothing wrong with this and won't void a warrenty in anyway. :)

yes do that and let us know how you get on. If you have no luck let me know as i work for Gowans Motor Group up North we could certainly fix you up with one. Also as long as your mehcanic is using genuine Filters on your SX6 and as it stands they have no choice as there is no aftermarket replacement for the 04152-31090 oil filter that the 2GR-FE V6 takes in the Aurion, Kluger and Rav4 there is nothing wrong with this and won't void a warrenty in anyway. :)

my mechs are ex co op employees who set up their own buisiness many years ago they only use genuine parts but dont charge like a wounded bull .

The bloke that said or wrote that was famously belted by Hells Angels when he was younger, and shot himself in the head a couple of years back...just before his body was thoroughly used up!

It was Hunter S Thompson.

Those are good words of wisdom as well. I do think about that sometimes as well. Mainly when I see the black car bras. I think to myself, why get a good looking front end if you are only going to hide it most of the time.

My car has built up some battle scars, but it's accumulated to the point that I start to care less about them now. It is my daily drive after all.

It's just one of those things that you wish you could prevent.

no matter how careful you are it will still get hurt.

unless u drive it once a month and do not park in public.

u can only do so much...

dont people paint it with the smoke thing and clear coat on top?

I painted my bonnet protector on my Daihatsu Charade body colour when I got the car in 1995 and it still looks perfect today, can't say the same about the rest of the duco though <_<.

I will definately do it for the new car as I agree that bonnet chips look crappy and are easily avoidable by using a fairly cheap piece of plastic!

apart from the clear bonnet protector then painting it, another idea i've heard was to get something like a clear plastic similar to contact and put that on your bonnet, seen a merc with this, looks perfect except for the massive line through the middle where it clearly stops, y not just put it over the entire bonnet???

Hey all thought i would add my 2cents. . . . . . .

Had a bonnet protector on my last car ...............never again..... when i was selling the car and took the protector of had no chips on the nose but the rest of the bonnet looked liked it went through a war......

had to get it re sprayed because it looked stupid......the guy at the panel shop said if it was spread evenly they could of just touched it up and then buffed it.

I have had my car for 3 weeks now and the first chip i got was smack bang in the middle of the bonnet.

nothing would of helped, apart from not driving behind a holden :(

the bonnet protectors do look good painted. i have the corolla one painted. :D

do u just paint the inside or both sides?

My bonnet protector was painted on the inside to avoid stone chips

I got AURION printed in chrome placed on the inside and sprayed over the top, painted the clips too, might have to put some black trim on headlight protectors too. .

Edited by scootastaxisx6

the bonnet protectors do look good painted. i have the corolla one painted. :D

do u just paint the inside or both sides?

My bonnet protector was painted on the inside to avoid stone chips

a very wise choice, I did the same with some sign wrighting too, check this out.

Like what you did. if that is a taxi nice way to get to work :toast:

nice work, gives the car a "mono-brow ala evil bert and ernie" appearance :P jk mate :P :) nice functional upgrade! just wondering how the pins attach? do they bolt to the underside of the body or just clip on?