Exhaust

wolfy89

Hey everyone

Just wonder if anyone has done it, but im looking into replacing my stock muffler and throwing on a straight pipe, the straight pipe will start from the first flange right next to the rear wheel and it will pretty much cancel out the whole muffler. If anyone has any suggestions on the idea please let me know. Also curious to know how much of a defect it really is, and what could happen to me or my license if been caught without a muffler.

Also curious to know how much of a defect it really is, and what could happen to me or my license if been caught without a muffler.

How do you feel about your rear-end being re-sized to the same diameter as that of the exhaust pipe?

Illegal, highly defectable, stupidly loud, and most of all incredibly stupid (if it is going to be driven on the road that is)

i reckn it would sound sick, im just alittle worried about getting done

i wanna be different :P

It won't, I can tell you now. Regularly get people in who want 'sick' sounding exhausts and who want to be different - most come back within a week and ask to have it changed (either from defects or not being able to stand driving their car).

It won't, I can tell you now. Regularly get people in who want 'sick' sounding exhausts and who want to be different - most come back within a week and ask to have it changed (either from defects or not being able to stand driving their car).

watch my yaris with no muffler video... now think how much louder a sportivo would be... the yaris was def. over 95 db from the outside, it woud easily be defected.

it was funny for about 5 minutes, but in reality it is way to loud and annoying

a guy in brisbane had it done to his 2zz celica, sounded like pure sh|t! would be ok if it was a race car and u were in lift the whole time it would be great but for normal driving its just horrible! and unless your car looks jdm as f*ck or fresh off the track everyone will be like look at the toss! it soulds ok on blown 2L's but na's dont

if u really wanna experience it, unbolt the flange now and take it for a drive u will change your mind

Edited by ELEGNT

I guess ***** is different. Seriously, don't waste your money doing it. Shao (ancient member on here) had a pipe made up ages ago and it has done the rounds with Brisbane members using it for drag nights and the noise it makes is horrible. I used it for all of 15s since I couldn't bear the noise even at idle.

here u go

Yeh ive seen all the videos, just not the same as in real life though, the sound quality wouldn't be the same as real life

I don't mind.. it will cost me about 100 - 150 so if it doesn't work out ill just take it off

here u go

Yeh ive seen all the videos, just not the same as in real life though, the sound quality wouldn't be the same as real life

I don't mind.. it will cost me about 100 - 150 so if it doesn't work out ill just take it off

It sounds to me that you've made up your mind regardless of what other members has got to say. Others has suggested its highly illegal, stupid and irresponsible but if thats what makes you happy by all means go for it and don't blab on all night about how it'd be sick and you are worried bout getting done for it because you know you WILL be done for it sooner or later.

here u go

personally i would have to say, go for a cannon over a straight through, as mentioned before if u were going on the track on if you have a turbo'd car then maybe.

lets me me tell u unless u love the noise dont go for it, since my mate has a turbo'd straight through i been in it, and im telling u i cant stand it, even he cant stand it, and he knows its a defect, well he does take it to the track so it does make sense for his purpose.

but like i said unless u love making noise and there will be a high chance you will get defected.

I will chime in here and tell you that your car will lose power!! Shao did a back to back dyno at a few years ago with and without the rear muffler and putting the race pipe on and it actually lost from memory 3kw peak power and a fair bit more lower in the rev range.

And yes it was loud like very loud on a sportivo. Hows 113db grab your ears LOL

I will chime in here and tell you that your car will lose power!! Shao did a back to back dyno at a few years ago with and without the rear muffler and putting the race pipe on and it actually lost from memory 3kw peak power and a fair bit more lower in the rev range.

Niceeeee 113db, i am aiming at something really loud, i guess it will be stupid but itll just be for fun :P

Niceeeee 113db, i am aiming at something really loud, i guess it will be stupid but itll just be for fun :P

So you'll be deaf while your being yellow stickered in your now slower Sportivo.

So you'll be deaf while your being yellow stickered in your now slower Sportivo.

that sounds fairly accurate... have fun with that :s

that sounds fairly accurate... have fun with that :s

i have a muffler and i find it loud enough, well actually to loud, so i plan on changing it soon, i got that muffler when i got my car , i thought it was cool. but no, i will get a sportivo muffler, been looking around for about 2 months for a good one :D

a guy in brisbane had it done to his 2zz celica, sounded like pure sh|t! would be ok if it was a race car and u were in lift the whole time it would be great but for normal driving its just horrible! and unless your car looks jdm as f*ck or fresh off the track everyone will be like look at the toss! it soulds ok on blown 2L's but na's dont

if u really wanna experience it, unbolt the flange now and take it for a drive u will change your mind

You talking about me? I'm one of the first guy in Brisbane/Aust that did it to my celica. And I absolutely loved it. Power wise, never dyno'd but it ran 14.4sec 1/4mile with just intake and no exhaust.

Ok, the celica and corolla are different cars, so the exhaust section is different so I can't comment on the sound or power gains. But on the celica, it was actually quieter than most custom 2.5" exhaust, sound better (I've been through 5 different setup when n/a) and went faster.

And I don't get how everyone on here can say it's HIGHLY ILLEGAL. The cat is still in place, there's a straight pipe going out back, only defect you can get is for noise. Big whoop... And I'm sure most corolla with cannons on here are "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" too.

Sounds much better in person, high revving fun!!!

Edited by 51EKA

You talking about me? I'm one of the first guy in Brisbane/Aust that did it to my celica. And I absolutely loved it. Power wise, never dyno'd but it ran 14.4sec 1/4mile with just intake and no exhaust.

Ok, the celica and corolla are different cars, so the exhaust section is different so I can't comment on the sound or power gains. But on the celica, it was actually quieter than most custom 2.5" exhaust, sound better (I've been through 5 different setup when n/a) and went faster.

And I don't get how everyone on here can say it's HIGHLY ILLEGAL. The cat is still in place, there's a straight pipe going out back, only defect you can get is for noise. Big whoop... And I'm sure most corolla with cannons on here are "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" too.

no not you. its a guy with a red celica.

Hahahaha.. NOPIG?

He's always had an exhaust. It's one of my old exhaust and it's damn loud. :lol:

The other red celica that run no exhaust only did so for a day I'm pretty sure until he got defected. $75 bucks and that's it.

Edited by 51EKA

Hahahaha.. NOPIG?

He's always had an exhaust. It's one of my old exhaust and it's damn loud. :lol:

The other red celica that run no exhaust only did so for a day I'm pretty sure until he got defected. $75 bucks and that's it.

yeah that would be him... damn things sounds like it has no exhaust!

Hahahaha.. NOPIG?

haha man i duno what to do !! everyones dissin it !! .. sounds like they have never heard one before