help install a fuel saver

flyeah

I bought a magnetic fuel saver and was told "The easiest is to clamp it on the fuel line near your injector pump.Easy as it is"

I have no idea where is fuel line and injector pump... I took 2 pics of my engines, anyone knows where I should clamp it? any help would be appreciated.

10122009146.jpg

10122009147.jpg

I don't know where it is. But can I ask a question? Why do you want to install a fuel saver? A lot of these are gimmicks! Also, you buy a nice, some what expensive car and you want to be penny pinching a few cents or dollars and thats if the fuel saver even works or ruin the cars power?

I didn't buy this car to save petrol, heck, I use less petrol in this car then what I did in my 97 camry 4cyl which which went at snails pace so I'm very happy. Some people got it worse.

Not to mention, when I went overseas 3 months ago, ULD91 was $4AU a litre, no joke(even got pics to prove it) So when I paid $1.48 for premium in aus it feells like I'm filling up for free compare to what other countries are paying.

Fill her up with V-power full tank like I did last night and enjoy the car :P

Magnetic "fuel savers" make really good fridge magnets because that is all they are really good for.

They simply do not work.

Even Peter Brock's ( RIP ) reputation was tarnished when he went off on his tangent with his "energy polariser" ,

From the Wikepedia entry on Brock ...

"" Brock, who lived hard in his early years, changed his lifestyle considerably after the failed 1984 Le Mans attempt left him physically and emotionally drained.[8]

Brock began to consult health practitioner Eric Dowker. He gave up alcohol and cigarettes, and became a vegan.[9] Brock began publicly supporting and, eventually, began to fit to all Holden Dealer Team specials a device called the "Energy Polarizer" containing crystals and magnets that, it was claimed, improved the performance and handling of vehicles through "aligning the molecules".

The overwhelming majority of the Australian motoring community regarded the device as pseudoscience.

Brock also recommended tyre pressures of 22psi (150kPa) for his polariser-equipped vehicles, a level which many regarded as near-dangerously low.

Holden, fearing the consequences of being associated with the device and a resulting breakdown in communications over Brock's plans for new models, cut ties with Brock and set up an alternative racing/modification operation, Holden Special Vehicles. ""

... anyone knows where I should clamp it? any help would be appreciated.

I would clamp it to your credit card so that you can't use it again for such a purchase.

Alternatively, just use them as a fridge magnet as suggested. If they made them out of the proper Neodymium and not the cheap and weak ferrite stuff, they will serve you greatly because they can hold up quite a bit. If they are the Neodymium ones as well, they also serve to be a great magnet for magnetising screwdrivers.

Judging from the fact you managed to purchase on of these, I feel that I should also warn you about these other common scams that are out there:

Vortex Fuel Saver

Hiclone

+20HP etc Performance Chips

Toyota Aurion OBD Performance Flash Chip

Electric Supercharger

So clamp that magnet to your card and save that money for something useful.

The simplest and easiest things to do to maximise fuel economy are as follows.

1) Pump your tyres up to or more than (by up to 5 psi) the recommended level, and check your tyre pressure regularly.

2) When it comes time to purchase new tyres , get the ones that are designed to save fuel.

3) Keep the amount of stuff you carry around in your car and the boot to a minimum, therefore minimising the amount of weight.

4) Your driving style will have a huge impact on fuel economy. Smooth and gradual as opposed to Hoonish and Abrupt.

5) Avoiding peak hour traffic and stop-start driving conditions.

6) Walking to the shops instead of driving. ;)

If only this was easier to do in real life. My local shops is like a 10 minute walk away from home. Despite having a bike as well (which I haven't used since I got a car) and the short distance of the shops, I'm still that lazy that I would drive there and even spend many minutes driving around trying to find a parking space. Man that is lazy.

Very good recommendations there by the way.

The simplest and easiest things to do to maximise fuel economy are as follows.

1) Pump your tyres up to or more than (by up to 5 psi) the recommended level, and check your tyre pressure regularly.

2) When it comes time to purchase new tyres , get the ones that are designed to save fuel.

3) Keep the amount of stuff you carry around in your car and the boot to a minimum, therefore minimising the amount of weight.

4) Your driving style will have a huge impact on fuel economy. Smooth and gradual as opposed to Hoonish and Abrupt.

5) Avoiding peak hour traffic and stop-start driving conditions.

HAHAHAHAHA.... no wonder my fuel consumption is ridiculous... i dont do any of those... :lol:

1) minimum amount to have better grip.

2) buy the ones that have the most grip.

3) full closet of clothes and tool box

4) hoonish and abrupt

5) most of my time is spent in peak hr traffic

6) pffttt. screw walking... my shops are 5min walk away, and i still drive... :lol:

but in saying that, i do agree with you 100% and your tips are great... :D

I noticed your car "history"

1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ====> SOLD

2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ====> SOLD

2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ====> SOLD

1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ====> SOLD

2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

Mine is alot simpler.

*Drove dad's 1983 Nissan Bluebird ( total piece of crap )

*1990 Paid half (dad paid the other half) and bought a 1980 Chrysler GH Sigma SE 2 litre.

Had creamish coloured velour seats , a back seat that tilted back in 3 settings and a very handy parcel shelf under the glovebox for the Melways.

Eventually it got tired and a bit rusty and I sold it to a guy for $600 , he fixed it all up and got his wife/daughter to drive it.

*1998 - bought a 1996 Widebody Camry CSi 2.2 l , with 32,000 klms on the clock at auction.

Still driving the thing, almost done 180 000 klms.

2010 - Looking at possibly getting a new Aurion ( depending on what sort of deal I can get)

Have thought about maybe a second hand Ford FG G6 and converting it to lpg , but after the reliability of the Camry , hesitant to go down the Ford path.

but it is said good for engine as well? but it seems it wont work..I may return it

You need to think of it from a logical point of view. How can just a couple of simple magnets improve the fuel going to your engine to the point that it is better for your engine? It's the same fuel going there. Here's something to read if you want.

Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view