4WD

better interior design

2009 best prestige car

better handling

Cons:

5 speed

engine is a bit louder

higher fuel consumption

These are all the pros and cons that i can think of for now, anybody knows how these 2 cars compare with each other please post here, thanks guys!

Edited by glm

Apart from the fact that the subaru is ugly, you will find that the resale value on the premium models is terrible.

Hi had a 3.0r Spec B before the Aurion. Cost around 55k. Sold it with 59,000km, immaculate only 2.5 years old and could only get $30k

Aurion should sell for more.

Apart from the fact that the subaru is ugly, you will find that the resale value on the premium models is terrible.

Hi had a 3.0r Spec B before the Aurion. Cost around 55k. Sold it with 59,000km, immaculate only 2.5 years old and could only get $30k

as a subaru man i made the switch... why because of all the gadgets. u cant get the same level of gadgets for anything close to 50k. maybe 70-80k in any other brand.

What did your aurion cost on the road? The 2007 ZR6's with less than 50,000km look to be advertised for $30K or less on carsales

Work has been really quiet for me at the moment , so being a nice sunny day in Melbourne I walked to the nearby Toyota dealer and got talking to one of the sales guys.

I had a look at the update model of the Aurion in the showroom , it had the Option Pack 1 - Reversing camera + 6 disc in-dash CD changer , and I think Bluetooth as well.

I think this unit looks alot better than the standard head unit and dims when the headlights are on.

I was very impressed with the power and smoothness of the car. The footbrake was a bit weird.

Also , I think I prefer the AT-X without the spoiler.

They were offering a "special deal" , the reversing camera/display audio system, alloy wheels , spoiler , and possibly something else, for $34 990 provided you order and take accept the car by the end of Jan 2010.

I queried the sales guy about the build date of these cars , they would (understandably) have build dates as 2009, as its now only early Jan.

I think I'd rather wait till mid year end of financial year sales when no doubt Toyota will be throwing a few extra bells and whistles into the Aurions (probably much the same as above) in order to shift units , and the cars by then will have 2010 build plates.

The "Liquid Metal" colour is quite striking and is slightly different from the Liquid Metal colour of the Camry.

I still think that I prefer Silver , it would look great with tinted windows and is easier to keep clean.

FWIW Liquid metal on the Camry and the Aurion is the Same......

1G2 is the paint code.... from memory.

Despite being the same paint code, there tends to be some variations I have noticed. For example, I have noticed the Wildfire Mica on a Camry has a different look to it when compared to the same colour on the Aurion.

What did your aurion cost on the road? The 2007 ZR6's with less than 50,000km look to be advertised for $30K or less on carsales

I got my ZR6 Driveaway for $42k. It has 59,000km on it and is immaculate. It has Sat Nav, and the Kappa Wheels. It will now be three years old on March 28th. I bet i could maybe get $28k for it. Thats only a 33% loss in Value over 3 years. FANTASTIC.

The liberty lost 45% in 2.5 years.

Even so

45% of $55k = $25k loss :(

33% of $42k = $14k loss YAY

if you pull up the paint code of my trd in the system at a panel beater, it has 4 or 5 different mixtures of paints/tints/etc...

so even though they might have the same paint code, the actual paint itself is different from model to model..

i never knew this until i went to a mates shop to get my eyelids painted and he said "umm, which one is it?"... so he picked one and made a sample and compared it to the car... luckily it was right... :lol:

The "Liquid Metal" colour is quite striking and is slightly different from the Liquid Metal colour of the Camry.

The reason why I said that is because the sales guy showed me the colour samples of the Aurion and Camry , the Liquid Metal colour for either car was on different swabs and looked ever so different.