51DER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGosh!

Those photos are absolutely EPIC!!! B)

I mean, the way its done and eveything, is just brilliant :yahoo:

(thanks for the new pics, i shall add the new one to my avatar :P)

Evo

good pics man, thanks for stealing my location hehe

still blue as tho mates whats going on? need a new light

ill just add my photo of when i was there and say i was out iwth use haha

vx43m.jpg

Edited by ELEGNT

cheers guys glad you like them and thnx to Rowan for the location and thnx to Ray for shooting as well look forward to seeing your Ray not sure about the blue Im not seeing it as bad in theses ones but id depends what moniter I look at on my lcd they look fine but on my normal moniter they do still look a bit blue I spose ?

meh dont know maybe try another light

cheers again

and yes camera is new nikon D90 with 18 to 105 lens

cheers guys glad you like them and thnx to Rowan for the location and thnx to Ray for shooting as well look forward to seeing your Ray not sure about the blue Im not seeing it as bad in theses ones but id depends what moniter I look at on my lcd they look fine but on my normal moniter they do still look a bit blue I spose ?

meh dont know maybe try another light

cheers again

and yes camera is new nikon D90 with 18 to 105 lens

perhaps try adjusting your white balance? does your camera have the ability to shoot RAW? that will give you better control after the shoot to adjust the photos properties without stuffing up the image quality...

perhaps try adjusting your white balance? does your camera have the ability to shoot RAW? that will give you better control after the shoot to adjust the photos properties without stuffing up the image quality...

He was shooting RAW. I think the first step needed is to get a different LED light. I did notice that the one Michael was using had quite a bit of blue in it which got more pronounced as the battery was discharging. Unfortunately this is just the type of LED's that were in the light. Too much blue, not enough phosphor.

I think he was still experimenting with his camera so it yet to get all the white balance settings in order.

I'll say it again though, I love the effect. It gives it that 'late at night' look.

He was shooting RAW. I think the first step needed is to get a different LED light. I did notice that the one Michael was using had quite a bit of blue in it which got more pronounced as the battery was discharging. Unfortunately this is just the type of LED's that were in the light. Too much blue, not enough phosphor.

I think he was still experimenting with his camera so it yet to get all the white balance settings in order.

I'll say it again though, I love the effect. It gives it that 'late at night' look.

LED's? were you guys placing them under the car with long exposures?

yeah the effect certainly gives off a "late night" effect, and if thats what he was going for, then awsome job :)

thats got me thinking now acctually.... remote flashes, under the car... mmmmmmmmmmmm :ph34r:

yeah the effect certainly gives off a "late night" effect, and if thats what he was going for, then awsome job :)

thats got me thinking now acctually.... remote flashes, under the car... mmmmmmmmmmmm :ph34r:

I may have spoken too much. I'll better not speak of the technique just in case.

I may have spoken too much. I'll better not speak of the technique just in case.

no probs mate! my uneducated geuss (without giving the technique away) would be "painting" the car with light? :P

correct with the light painting

and Ill def have to have a look around for some better led lights :(

to see if I can get a whiter light

I shoot these in raw and processed in adobe but maybe on my monitor they don't look so bad but I have a crap monitor lol

Ill be working on it though and will also play with the white balance a bit more as well

cheers guys for the comments and tips

yeah, they did turn out a bit blue...

I personally like it... but that's me.

haha some people like it some people dont...

IMO (lol PLEASE MIC DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY) i like the warmer lightings :)