rev limiter? or something much worse?

hey guys just wondering, when in lift i have this wierd thing coming from the engine at around 7,700 RPM...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VZNgN9XH8

rev limiter maybe, this is the best video i could film with my brother in the car lol, he seems to ALWAYS angle the camera away from the "8" when it nearly hits it. but i think the sound is very clear.

is this normal for a sportivo, should i reset the ECU, and thrash it after it reboots?

engine doesn't knock or ping or any other strange noises...

the noise is similar to rev limit but the needle stick does still creep a little more. Engine looses power as well when this happens...

somebody said clutch slip?

but i tried the diagnostics for the clutch but it all seemed fine...

very confused, hope its not something serious, but a the same time i feel i'm not getting the most out of my 2zzge :(

running everything stock btw...

thanks

that my friend is limiter by the sounds of it.

your clutch still might be slipping, but that noise is def. limiter.

wow that was fast reply lol... but the needle still creeps up to 8... how do u set it higher? thrashing it high after resetting the ECU? when should u actually reset the ECU anyways? or changing the ECU?

can't stay in lift like this between shifts *cries* :(

that my friend is limiter by the sounds of it.

your clutch still might be slipping, but that noise is def. limiter.

wow that was fast reply lol... but the needle still creeps up to 8... how do u set it higher? thrashing it high after resetting the ECU? when should u actually reset the ECU anyways? or changing the ECU?

can't stay in lift like this between shifts *cries* :(

you cant set the rev limit any higher without an aftermarket ecu (e.g powerfc)... alot of people cant stay in lift between shifts, thats pretty normal...

you cant set the rev limit any higher without an aftermarket ecu (e.g powerfc)... alot of people cant stay in lift between shifts, thats pretty normal...

but daddy! i don't want ot be normal...LOL,

how much would i looking for a good ECU? would it be a increase in power thru out or just like increasing the rev limit?

cheers

Suprathai - yeah its fully stock... the owner before did the muffler tip only. I very much DISLIKE the sports exhaust as i feel its too noisey for my liking and for a couple of KW, its not worth my money. <_<

Or MAYBE the camera was bad lol...

encounta - did you have the stock ECU as well?

BTW i just resetted my ECU (according to the TOC forums) and took it for a spin, there was a bit of improvement on gunning the engine. Also i dunno if it was my imagination, but the rev limit is a bit higher? :blink:

NFI seriously... <_<

who cares, i'll just keep driving it hard, hopefully the ECU is smart enough to know that I don't wanna gun it everytime and be easy on the fuel when i need it to be (ie looooong highway driving :P)

Apexi Power FC will set you back around about $2500 I think, installed and tuned.

Is your car stock by any chance? Sounds a bit muted thats all... :lol:

WOW! 2,500, looks in wallet and cries* pulls out 2 dollars LOL

guess i should start saving then :P

Apexi Power FC will set you back around about $2500 I think, installed and tuned.

Is your car stock by any chance? Sounds a bit muted thats all... :lol:

WOW! 2,500, looks in wallet and cries* pulls out 2 dollars LOL

guess i should start saving then :P

That includes tuning costs too.

PowerFC is very cheap at the moment due to the strong dollar/poor yen.

Cause that one has cai, and chirpin 1-2 and 2-3rds lol

Oh yeah... I've got a custom made one. It's just a plastic tubing that extends around the inside of the chasis and ends just on top of the front lip haha. I wondered if it really made a difference or getting the proper one is better?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i kinda thought that where the custom one is better becuz its sucking more air inside becuz of the poisition of the opening. the proper CAIs look like they are getting the heat from the engine + the outside air which can't be colder than pure outside air...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i kinda thought that where the custom one is better becuz its sucking more air inside becuz of the poisition of the opening. the proper CAIs look like they are getting the heat from the engine + the outside air which can't be colder than pure outside air...

name brand = proven performance gains eg CES,TRD etc

You're not confusing with SRI (short ram intake)? On the zze corolla the CAI places the filter behind the passanger side fog light, there is a bit of a pocket there away from the heat of the engine bay.

You're not confusing with SRI (short ram intake)? On the zze corolla the CAI places the filter behind the passanger side fog light, there is a bit of a pocket there away from the heat of the engine bay.

ahh cool cool, maybe i was confused, cuz i rememebered i saw some shorter and it was the SRI...