TOCAU the new boostcruising

ELEGNT

is it just me or is TOCAU getting a bit boostcruising like?

endless new members, so many noobs, heaps of repeated thread, same old every day, good ol members not posting anymore......

Edited by ELEGNT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, tocau is not hectik enough yet IMO... but there have been a lot of new members of late.

brah its way hectic already, just scrolling down the latest threads and its one big blur of the same thing. back in the day of when northy used to post and people like thegourou and hiro used to be the only posters in a whole afternoon, the miss.sportivo flaming thread was great and simo the ruff bugga used to lay down the aussie slang that was good ol TOCAU unlike now :(

Edited by ELEGNT

brah its way hectic already, just scrolling down the latest threads and its one big blur of the same thing. back in the day of when northy used to post and people like thegourou and hiro used to be the only posters in a whole afternoon, the miss.sportivo flaming thread was great and simo the ruff bugga used to lay down the aussie slang that was good ol TOCAU unlike now :(

Lets not forget sketra and her Seca progress. And when the might 2ZZ used to be king on these boards.

nah, tocau is not hectik enough yet IMO... but there have been a lot of new members of late.

Im not denying its hektik now, but it aint at BC levels.

You are right about the good old days, but that said I am not too concerned how the forums go, does not change the fact that I've met a bunch of mad c*nts that I now call friends because of this site, not to mention the good times had with them, the things ive learnt, people who have helped me, etc :)

I've been around here for a good while, but haven't been really active until late, but i've been here. I kinda like the fact it is going away from a Corolla dominated forum, now i'm not taking a shot at the Corolla guys either, it's just good to see a mix of Aurions, Camrys, Hiluxs etc.

You are right about the good old days, but that said I am not too concerned how the forums go, does not change the fact that I've met a bunch of mad c*nts that I now call friends because of this site, not to mention the good times had with them, the things ive learnt, people who have helped me, etc :)

+1. You just can't get that kind of s*** from Boostcruising... to this extent anyways.

Rowan, toughen up m@rder f@rker .... I ain't going no where yet ..... wait till i completely fire my boss after the 4th ....

Oh, BTW I'm in Albion/Ascot till Wed evening if anybody is interested in meeting up or sumthin ....

Bring the updated beast around and let me have a go or something .... :toast:

Forum has definately changed in the time I have been here. What started off as the only section that really got posted in was Corolla has finally evolved into all makes getting some form of attention which personally I like. Back in the day of thursday night meets where you would have 20 corolla's it was always a case of my car is better than yours kinda crap but now it's just a case of my Hilux is the biggest and has the brightest lights at thursday night meets LOL.

After all where would this forum be without the characters that have been and gone. Made my day a bit of fun!! And Northy got repeated use of the big red button.....

Rowan, toughen up m@rder f@rker .... I ain't going no where yet ..... wait till i completely fire my boss after the 4th ....

Oh, BTW I'm in Albion/Ascot till Wed evening if anybody is interested in meeting up or sumthin ....

Bring the updated beast around and let me have a go or something .... :toast:

how the **** do you fire your boss? how is that possible lol

im at uni wed nights man u will just have to wait till the meet mate :P

I have no issues with new members, they are a requirement for a club to grow. Silly/repeated questions need to be asked for people to learn; sure the search button would be nice, but it allows new members to answer questions and they themselves to feel part of the club. The cornerstone members don't have to reply if we feel it has been sufficiently covered, let someone else have their chance and only correct where needed.

oh, and we have a long way to go till it becomes BL, not enough hektic riting and mouthing off of the police force and wondering why they get targeted in an obviously illegal car being driven in an obviously illegal manner while behaving in an obviously illegal manner towards others.

"Firing your boss" is slang for quitting.

Thanks for the clarification. I myself was a bit puzzled over that statement.

Must be a Southerner thing?

On that whole search thing, I must say with the new forum layout, the search function has turned to s***. Now it brings up countless posts in the results which may not help out as a fair amount of the time, the title is what will direct them to the right thread.

I know quite a lot of discussion that has gone around these boards, and when it comes to making a post where I like to direct my answer to another thread, I myself get really frustrated with the search function the way it is now. The thing here is that I know exactly what I am looking for, and the results aren't helping.

"Firing your boss" is slang for quitting.

Thanks for the clarification. I myself was a bit puzzled over that statement.

Must be a Southerner thing?

Potato Potahto ......

When i first joined i wasnt really active because noone had really modded a zre corolla yet. Then about a year later.. randomly went back on one time, BANG! ZREs getting modded left right and centre. This site has been great for me and has helped out my modding process a lot! everyone here is friendly and very helpful. I 2nd wat mick.wheelz said. I've met so many great people from this forum, some guys i talk to and regularly hang out with these days. I've made some great friends here. And its not all about being the sickest car with the phattest wheels or the fastest or hottest. Just a bunch of guys/girls who share a common interest for the love of their cars. oh.. and being toyota too! :)

old boys like you SD and north and bren are good to hear from once and a wile, and good to attend a meet with. wish it was more often tho

why thank you grass hopper!! Unfortunately these days I no longer can be out every thursday night so I have to be somewhat selective on when I can make it out and have some form of excuse as to why I need to be there. Dropping parts off is the most used one atm and works quite well.......

I miss the good ol days :(

Talkin about the good ol days, can hardly remember what the old web layout looked like.. I know for sure I like the old one better in terms of colour.. Black > Blue > Red.