Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Bit harsher and thats when my dampers are set on comfy daily ride settings.

"comfy daily ride" u really crack me up -_- :P

kinda knew the never ending cycle ages ago. but its more apparent now becuz of the lightened flywheel and clutch... gah...

Well it feels comfy ever since my body got stretched in all directions after stacking it hard a few times whilst snow boarding in hakuba, Japan. :spiteful:

HBA TV ad "...and my legs went that way...and my head went that way!"

Now just enjoy ur new mods, as I'm loving my new custom catback system... "high flow much?" hehe.... :D and thats with the varex closed.

You heard it fully open when i left last night with the missus.:whistling:

haha yeah i think i enjoyed it too much... :(

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

OK guys... you're asking what had happened?

Short story:

Turned in too fast, steered too fast, slid to the side and hit the gutter.

Long story:

Was wet road and little showery. The usual road i take to go home from the city. Turned right at the intersection. Car started to understeer as i was entering the corner in 2nd gear at around 35 km/hr. was sliding out slowly slowly, i fully let go off the gas and the car still wouldn't oversteer/countersteer. by this time i thought "nope. nothing i can do now... even if i tapped the brakes to swing the car around abit, i'll still cause damage on both rims" So i just quickly straightened the steering so the wheels were as straight as possible with the gutter, gripped the steering wheel closed my eyes and hoped for the best...

a loud DOOF! People in the car thought just looked at me in shock. Hazard lights on and in the rain to check what the damage i had caused. Front wheel had been pushed towards the back and in a positive camber. the rear wheels were a little gutter rashed. steering wheel was out of allignment towards the left, however not pulling to one side or vibrating. ABS light had turned on. Managed to get home from the scene with everyone else ok.

Upon closer inspection deep rashes on my front left rim on the outside (and inside). haven't checked the rear wheel yet, (don't really want to).

most important thing is no one was hurt and it could have been worse. thanks to the guys who stayed with me til everything was sorted out. didn't leave until 2am and i didn't sleep until 3.30am...

Rang the insurance company and i they will arrange for a tow to tow my car to their secure holding on thursday, 48hrs for an assessor to come and look and a mechanic to come and look at the car. so they will give me an idea on either monday/tuesday next week and tell me what is damaged and what needs to be done etc.

so, because of my stupidity, i have caused this to myself. just another lesson to learn in life i guess...

Your not the only one having a bad week, On the weekend things werent going fine i got a new exhaust system installed, half way driving home screws fall out of it they were never tightened, had to get the car towed back to exhaust place because was to loud and shaking car to much to drive, Tryed cleaning my engine accept i made it look like **** my engine cover broke, the middle compartment on centre console which im so fragile with i was showing a mate how to open and close it when he takes my car, and it broke as i was showing him...i dont knot what more is going to go wrong for me ! also

Pain man, pain.

Just hope for the best now and move forward from this. It is a lesson learnt. Just so painful for us to see so much effort that we put into our cars end up like that. <_< We all feel for you Duy.

Hope insurance takes care of it all for you. Be positive (as hard as it is to do so)

2uot24w.jpg

Sorry to see this mate....i feel your pain,just glad everyone is ok.

seems like a bugger now but i'm sure you will have her fixed and back to normal soon....and with one more life lesson in the bag.

Edit...do you think the Federals let you down or were you just unlucky?

Haha thanks for the flowers lee :lol:

No i dont think they let me down. They have saved me many times in the wet. It was a combibation of wet, sloping of the road and over confidence. The weight transfer would have shifted differently as well with 3 other people in the car.

I need to track the car in the wet to understand more how it behaves so i can further refine my driving skills. Not that so i can drive in corners at stupid speeds but just to know where the cars limit is when cornering in the wet.

Lesson was clearly learnt and now i wont be with my car for at least 2 weeks.

Quick inspection of the car:

Tie rod bent, lower control arm gone, brake rotor is gashed on the inner surface (looks like someone got an axe and smacked it with the sharp end) brake plate punctured, steering arm bent.

Parts im unsure of:

Front sway seems to be bent. The important part is the cross member. This seems to be bent as well but im just comparing one side to the other.

The thing that probably took some impact would be the front strut. I didnt hit the gutter very hard (30km/hr?) so hopefully my car wont b a write off.

I just want the car to be towed off becuz i cannot stand the sight of it like this. Its a constant reminder of my inexperience and overconfidence which caused a very aviodable accident

Kenshin out

Sounds like some damage there, and 30km is a hard hit on a gutter, depending on the angle..and if brakes were on or not at the time of impact.

Like you said man, track it in the wet, and dont stress too much. Insurance will cover it, i cant see it being a write off.

I did the same thing but aquaplaned my dads are into a massive gum tree backwards when i was in college. Im sure almost all of us have had a hit or near miss in the wet.

Hmmm... federals huh?

brakes were off as soon as i knew the car slid, corrected the steering to be straight as possible with the gutter because at the time :

1) there was nothing i could do but to minimise the damage

2) there were 3 other people in the car that i didn't want to be hurt

i know i entered the corner at around 35km/hr. so by the time the car hit the gutter would have slowed down to maybe 5km/hr less? anyways. anyways i realy hope the cross member is ok. i don't want my car to vibrate at 140km/hr on the track...

Ah thanks for clearing it up Duy, 5 or 10 km is way better than 35. Take care man.

wait i think i worded it wrong... i slowed down 5 to 10 km/hr less than 35km/hr, so the speed at which i hit the gutter would have been at least 25km/hr closer to 30km/hr.

if i hit the gutter at 5km/hr or even 10km/hr, i don't think it would have mattered to the car at all =|

Hey Duy, I am so sorry to hear this man. On the other hand I am glad that you are fine. Based on what you said above, it looks that there is quite a bit of damage there. Just to be on the safe side, I would take everything off everything that can still be recovered from the car just in case. Again you never know.

I had a little damage with my previous standard corolla that I had. When I say little...I mean like I was almost certain I was gonna get the car back. But then, the insurance said it was not worth for them to repair it and all bs....so in the end I got F... big time since it had a fair bit of relatively new mods. :-l

I hope it's is not the case. :(

tow truck took it today at 11am. as he was driving it, there was a scrapeing noise as he drove it forward. my guessing it could be the brake rotors rubbing against the plate/tyres rubbing on the inside of the guards. he drove it and it went over the little ramp on the tow truck to hold the wheels into place ok...

spoke to the panel beater just down the road from my house and advised them that i told my insurance company i preferred them to repair it. so lets see how it goes...

now the long wait for them to assess it and tell me what they are going to do

• 2 weeks later...

Rang the alloy wheels repairers today to hear the verdict of the rims.

They are not going to repair them.

"One of them is buggered. They won't allow us to fix them anyways..."

When I talked to him it seemed like he didn't want to fix them at all (can still fix them but yeah couldn't be bothered or something). so i'm contemplating whether i'm going to buy it off the or not. Maybe I should just take the cash and that will go towards my excess...

Sigh... R.I.P. ROHs wheels :(

Rang the alloy wheels repairers today to hear the verdict of the rims.

They are not going to repair them.

"One of them is buggered. They won't allow us to fix them anyways..."

When I talked to him it seemed like he didn't want to fix them at all (can still fix them but yeah couldn't be bothered or something). so i'm contemplating whether i'm going to buy it off the or not. Maybe I should just take the cash and that will go towards my excess...

Sigh... R.I.P. ROHs wheels :(

Sad news man.. sad news

Not a good outcome mate,sorry to hear :(

+1

Look at the bright side, you can get a nice better looking wheels. A total new look.

thanks guys :)

yeah i was totally bummed out when i heard that. but anyways good second hand rims go for around 500-600 right? firesport is down... i cant think of any other websites that would sell second hand rims