Corolla vs 90's pulsar SSS SR20

Hey peep everyone been telling me how fast the 95 model Pulsar SSS's are? i saw the stats at it has 106 kws? i was wondering has anyone ever raced one of those SSS before? Even the SSS is a 2L i still have faith in my Corolla... So if anyone ever had that experience tell me about the situation.

Thanks All muahahhaha :P

Hey peep everyone been telling me how fast the 95 model Pulsar SSS's are? i saw the stats at it has 106 kws? i was wondering has anyone ever raced one of those SSS before? Even the SSS is a 2L i still have faith in my Corolla... So if anyone ever had that experience tell me about the situation.

Thanks All muahahhaha :P

95 is that the n15 or n14?

I decided to take on a n15 turbo here one night. I knew i didnt have a chance but it was fun trying :D

hehe n14 isnt? damnz i just want to see which car is faster....everytime i want race one they seem to back off damnz

I've taken a sss. Basically he kept on giving me cheek at every set of lights until I got ****** off and opened up my Corolla. Half a car length at the end of second gear.

But they're similar in performance to the 1zz's. Probably better in the right hands because of the more torquey character of the 2.0 engine I don't think that tool knew how to drive.

hehe n14 isnt? damnz i just want to see which car is faster....everytime i want race one they seem to back off damnz

I've taken a sss. Basically he kept on giving me cheek at every set of lights until I got ****** off and opened up my Corolla. Half a car length at the end of second gear.

But they're similar in performance to the 1zz's. Probably better in the right hands because of the more torquey character of the 2.0 engine I don't think that tool knew how to drive.

Are they really that quick? i was thinking 106 kw isnt alot....but yeh i want to try it myself.... hehe i ran a pintara early 90's model, i was half a car length infront by second...he's double clutching didnt work.... :rolleyes: i love the rolla's

Are they really that quick? i was thinking 106 kw isnt alot....but yeh i want to try it myself.... hehe i ran a pintara early 90's model, i was half a car length infront by second...he's double clutching didnt work.... :rolleyes:  i love the rolla's

Yes and your Corolla has 100kw, so they're even on paper. But the SSS does have a stronger motor in that it's got more Torque. The reason why they don't bother having ago at you is because they're quite confident they can take you.

"A true master will only engage a worthy opponent"

The SSS's run an SR20DE, which is not an engine to take lightly... having said that though, I've pulled (slowly but surely) on a Silvia Qs (SR20DE) from a set of lights with a passenger in my car... to be fair though, he was probably an auto... 2zz-ge's should have no problems....

First run I had in my stivo was against an N15 SSS. gave him a half length head start then went staight up on him in first, hit 2nd and pulled a length and a half by the time I had peaked 2nd gear. My Stivo was stock and the SSS had headers, exhaust and intake mods. I know this cause he lives about 4 doors up from a mate of mine. So I regularly visit him and always give the stivo a bit as I go past his house just to jog his memory.

It's a question thats plauged me for a while... Will my 1ZZ-FE beat a SR20DE?

Yes that 2L is a powerful unit, and I've driven one so I know for fact that it pulls.

There also the fact that it has an 8000rpm redline that makes me think it would be a challenge. It just wants to keep accelerating!!

I'm waiting for the day when I can get a good run against one with a good driver for true comparisons...

When one of us finally get go head to head with one, we'll all have an answer.

It's a question thats plauged me for a while... Will my 1ZZ-FE beat a SR20DE?

Yes that 2L is a powerful unit, and I've driven one so I know for fact that it pulls.

There also the fact that it has an 8000rpm redline that makes me think it would be a challenge. It just wants to keep accelerating!!

I'm waiting for the day when I can get a good run against one with a good driver for true comparisons...

When one of us finally get go head to head with one, we'll all have an answer.

I didn't think the Pulsar SSS revved that high

Well i was thinking if i could beat the Pintara i could also keep up with the SSS....that night when i was at broadway that Pintara genguinely guned (wheel spin) his car...he only kept up for abit and then my car was quater of a car length in front...i saw him do some fast clutching but he couldnt keep up...my car was moving away from him....

Anyone who has a genuine run with a SSSplease post it... thanks doodles....

if the SSS driver can drive, you will have no chance. The extra torque of the SR will let them pull away every time. The SR20 N14's can pull a 15 second quarter mile without much fuss, and the motor responds very well to extractors, intake and exhaust.

if the SSS driver can drive, you will have no chance.  The extra torque of the SR will let them pull away every time.  The SR20 N14's can pull a 15 second quarter mile without much fuss, and the motor responds very well to extractors, intake and exhaust.

Glad someone else thinks the same. sr20 is just a very strong motor in general ( It's just one of those motors that came together right from the start ) and even on a 90's model that's had a few km's put on it - It'll still be pulling like a train.

hahaha okies SR20 are pretty zippy....

Well another question has anyone ever ran with a Honda Civic VTIR???? if so let me know, i want to know the situation, coz thats one car i also want to out run if i can..... ;)

Is it true that VVTI is better then VTIR?????

;)

Well another question has anyone ever ran with a Honda Civic VTIR???? if so let me know, i want to know the situation, coz thats one car i also want to out run if i can..... ;)

;)

A VVT-I couldn't beat a VTIR, trust me hehe... but a VVTL-I deffinately could ;) ;) ;)

;)

A VVT-I couldn't beat a VTIR, trust me hehe... but a VVTL-I deffinately could ;) ;) ;)

VVTL-i can :P

Errm sorry to burst your bubble but I can't see a 1zz beating a VTI-R Civic. Lighter car with more power, revs etc. Might be smaller in capacity but has many other factors that sway the advantage to the Civic. I have run a VTI-R civic coupe and got him top end of 1st and kept pulling away; but that's VVTL-I!!

Civic VTI-R's B16A2 is the king of 1600cc cars not to mention the 185ps (137kw)B16B TypeR :P The SR20DE has a 7500rpm redline and it runs out of puff by 6500rpm, at which point the 2zz-ge's just warming up! The JDM Pulasr VZR 1600cc (NOT 2000cc SR20DE) motor is somthing to reckon with, revs to 8000rpm and makes an awesome 175ps (130kw). The VZR-N1 is even better makes 200ps (147kw) super-close gearing and has a 8500rpm redline. These are the real Pulsars, not the SSS! :P

post-135-1119570843_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i have a 4age 1990 and i can just a sss pulsar a challange the turbo's oviously clean me up. 1.6L against a 2L and i have beaten them and i have also been beaten this is talking about a car length in total in either occasion

*my brother using my account :)*

Edited by *Ravenous*