zre turbo update

I wonder if quicker than my sportivo when done?

I would say yes. If your still in Canberra i wouldnt mind meeting up. I dont know any Toyota fans here? If so PM me. maybe we could compare the cars and really find out which is quicker. :-)

Welcome to canberra Not to many nice rolla's in Canberra, finally some Competition :spiteful:

Thanks for the welcome, I pick up the car tomorrow after having the new exhaust work done and then Monday it goes in for the ECU work. I should have the car back all dyno'd by wed/thur next week.

Cant wait bloody Action buses drive me insane.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so i now have the full 3" system fitted with the turbo back on. I took to my ECU installer and have found that the Haltec inteceptor is not able to be fitted to the ZRE and Haltec are not prepared to assist the installers to make it work.

So i am now required to go a full ecu replacement. Due to some medical costs for my daughter, and buying a ute and new turbo for my mini, i have to wait a few weeks to cover the costs of the full ecu replacment.

Sadly to date no dyno results to post as the car runs a bit rich and holds back under high boost in the 3-k rpm range. For now i have the boost set at 5psi to enable the car to be driveable.

Good news is Exedy now have an oem clutch replacement for the ZRE so hopefully not to long for a heavy duty is released.

Has anyone fitted the coilovers from pedders yet?

I wonder if mine is going to be quicker than both of yours next week. (lets see what the 5afte can handle eh?)

With a highflowed gt25 ihi turbo on a 2001 sportivo.. 2.5catback system with TRD muffler (custom 3inch dump) / custom manifold.

sard fuel regulator , k&n flat panel. turbosmart t piece boost controller / garrett boost gauge, standard ecu mapping. standard fmic (toms tuned) (number 38 of 110 2001 sportivo turbo).

Didnt change the profile of the standard turbo ..but highflowed it as big as a gt28 catridge!

Hoping for at least 180kw

(if it throws a rod.. the 5agte build will have to start a bit sooner!)

-------------------------------------

Edited by PetroDola

I wonder if mine is going to be quicker than both of yours next week. (lets see what the 5afte can handle eh?)

With a highflowed gt25 ihi turbo on a 2001 sportivo.. 2.5catback system with TRD muffler (custom 3inch dump) / custom manifold.

sard fuel regulator , k&n flat panel. turbosmart t piece boost controller / garrett boost gauge, standard ecu mapping. standard fmic (toms tuned) (number 38 of 110 2001 sportivo turbo).

Didnt change the profile of the standard turbo ..but highflowed it as big as a gt28 catridge!

I doubt your car will get anywhere near 180kw atw. Your stock engine is a 7A, not a 5A.

I doubt your car will get anywhere near 180kw atw. Your stock engine is a 7A, not a 5A.

180kw @ the wheels or @ the flywheel ?

in both circumstances though i would have to agree with Jason aka Cha54 ..... i dont think u would b able to get the 7A with that turbo up to that much power.

• 2 weeks later...

in both circumstances though i would have to agree with Jason aka Cha54 ..... i dont think u would b able to get the 7A with that turbo up to that much power.

bah typo.. i meant to say 7afte hehe.

yeah i know its got no forged pistons..but it handles 150kw fine.

im sure another 30 aint exactly that hard. - if it blows it blows big deal - just shows its limits.

hehe besides its nothing anyway.. the stagea is lucky to be on 230kw on 12psi.. you guys are such a bunch of negative ******wits and jokers and this forum sucks ****.. you dont help each other all you do is throw ego's around. No wonder all the other communities of cars think your soft cocks.. you are.

ill go back to skylines where people actually help each other and arent so far up their own ****s they cant see daylight..bunch of try hards. oh wow my zre has 180kw .. so **** what ? thats puss. lol

Whoa whoa whoa PetroDola...

Relax buddy. Just a couple of people's opinions there. This a public forum, after all. Don't like the forum, then perhaps you do need to cruise back to the Skyline crowd you proudly boast of. Everyone has an opinion, and there's no need to go crazy and insulting if someone doesn't agree with you.

TIme to go back to watching the footy... :clap:

bah typo.. i meant to say 7afte hehe.

yeah i know its got no forged pistons..but it handles 150kw fine.

im sure another 30 aint exactly that hard. - if it blows it blows big deal - just shows its limits.

hehe besides its nothing anyway.. the stagea is lucky to be on 230kw on 12psi.. you guys are such a bunch of negative ******wits and jokers and this forum sucks ****.. you dont help each other all you do is throw ego's around. No wonder all the other communities of cars think your soft cocks.. you are.

ill go back to skylines where people actually help each other and arent so far up their own ****s they cant see daylight..bunch of try hards. oh wow my zre has 180kw .. so **** what ? thats puss. lol

people will happily help you if you have the right attitude. like previously said, this is a public forum and your getting public opinions whether its good or bad, if you like it or not. and your attitude deserves to not be part of any car community the way you blew up and ranted, no need for name calling.

and no, its wow! my n/a zre has 80kw.

geeezzzzz ..... ok i couldnt help it but Brave heart is gonna have to make an appearance

keyboard%2Bwarrior.jpg

LOL ..... ok now take a deep breath and appreciate some feedback here ...... all that was said was that the 7AFTE with the mods u mentioned wouldnt hit the 180kw @ w mark ..... that is all ...... as much as we would all like to believe we can defy physics .... well we cant ...... if u really want ppl to blow smoke up ur rear then go right ahead and follow the crowd ...... all we were offering was an opinion based on experience.

that extra 30kw ur chasing u might find is a little harder to achieve than u think .... but hey go right ahead and give it a whirl ..... i am more than happy to be proven wrong and will eat humble pie when it happens.

And aheeem ..... soft c*** .... yeah ok let me know when ur pushing close to 250kw @ w from ur corolla and then i'd be more than happy to even entertain ur conversation ...... and btw i dont generally talk down to ppl and no i dont generally tend to belittle others with what i have done but if ur gonna come on here flaunting it thinking u r the man well then i beg to differ and have the vehicle to back that up.

No offense intended to anyone else.

Behave nicely ..... respect other ppl's opinions ..... learn to agree to disagree and u will get far in this world ...... otherwise ppl will just think ur a tool and a hot head.

nothing like an arguement over who has the bigger u know what but being a fan of the A series motors i know with a bit of work they with put out and handle more power then the ZZ motors because of the nice strong but heavy cast iron block were as the alloy of the ZZ requires reinforcing to handle big power and 180kw @ wheels would be easely achievable in a 7A i mean im making about 190kw @wheels with a 4A how long it will last with out stronger rods crank and pistons thats the unknown but i know a standard 4age will handle up to 18psi with standard internals but the 4age was also developed by yamaha so yeah factory good cast steel crank will handle big power without up grading like 400+ ive been told

so yeah id try 16-18 psi you'll make 180kw @ wheel but yeah for how long ???

lmao... This thread gets even better!

Have you seen what a stock 2zz will put out power-wise when turbo'd?

Or even a 1zz with .63 rear GT30?

I wonder who designed the 2zz head.... probably the same lot that designed all the other toyota -G heads... ;)

I'd compare a 7A to a 1zz, they both have toothpick rods. the 2zz has nice beefy rods like the smallport 4ag or AE92 MAP GZE.. Can also alter the dynamic compression ratio with the vvti to keep the zz engines together at higher boost on stock pistons.

Edited by CHA54

lmao... This thread gets even better!

Have you seen what a stock 2zz will put out power-wise when turbo'd?

Or even a 1zz with .63 rear GT30?

I wonder who designed the 2zz head.... probably the same lot that designed all the other toyota -G heads... wink.gif

I'd compare a 7A to a 1zz, they both have toothpick rods. the 2zz has nice beefy rods like the smallport 4ag or AE92 MAP GZE.. Can also alter the dynamic compression ratio with the vvti to keep the zz engines together at higher boost on stock pistons.

actually the whole engine was redisigned buy yamaha hence the 7 ribed engine block and cast steel crank

and yes i know the 2zzge or 1zzge will make and handle power but they both require strengthening to the block as its alloy and flimsey have you seen either of these engines apart?? i have and ive seen what they have to do to the ZZ engine to make it strong enough to handle boost where as the A series engine blocks dont require any strengthening and thats all i meant by what i said before.

did i tell you my engine will handle about 600+hp but it will never make 600+ hp as my crank is strong my rods are stronger and my pistons well there forged but im not runing racing fuels or 60psi and its only a 1.6ltplease dont argue with me i know what toyota engine are capable of and if i dont know people that build them up hence why ive seen what needs doing to the soft alloy blocks of the ZZ engines to make them strong remember its the head that makes a 2zzge go good with its vvtl i

that head with a iron block and 20+ psi boost would be much better

Yes I've seen the engines, I have all of them in my shed, 1zz, 2zz, 4A, 7A, 3S, etc etc.

If you want over 200kw atw from a zz, throw some sleeves in it when you do the pistons and rods, they're cheap, available off the shelf and easy to fit. The cranks are just as strong as a 4a crank, but aftermarket are available if you want to burn cash.

Yes I've seen the engines, I have all of them in my shed, 1zz, 2zz, 4A, 7A, 3S, etc etc.

If you want over 200kw atw from a zz, throw some sleeves in it when you do the pistons and rods, they're cheap, available off the shelf and easy to fit. The cranks are just as strong as a 4a crank, but aftermarket are available if you want to burn cash.

so you know the bores of the alloy blocks have nothing holding them at the top and they can flex because of this yes you agree???

also every 1 know the best strongest and easest toyota engine to make massive power from is th 2j but they power chasers use the iron block not the alloy block which the 2j comes with both

Edited by robie

so you know the bores of the alloy blocks have nothing holding them at the top and they can flex because of this yes you agree???

also every 1 know the best strongest and easest toyota engine to make massive power from is th 2j

I've got 2x 2J's aswell, one in my weekender ;)

Dowel the sleeves if you're that worried about it, or CNC close deck the block. Not that it's required though when you look at the 600hp 2zz's that track race both in Aus and overseas.

also every 1 know the best strongest and easest toyota engine to make massive power from is th 2j

I've got 2x 2J's aswell, one in my weekender wink.gif

Dowel the sleeves if you're that worried about it, or CNC close deck the block. Not that it's required though when you look at the 600hp 2zz's that track race both in Aus and overseas.

2zz are you sure because the atlantic race engines are 3sg's 2ltr they still use them today

and ive seen your chaser nice car btw id love 1

Yes they're 2zz, one of the Neil Trama 2zz turbo 500hp+ setups is in this car:

http://www.neiltrama.com/

I sold my chaser back in 2005 from memory, it was then written off and the drivetrain now lives in a cressida in Newcastle.

The atlantics now run a mazda engine which replaced the hasselgren and loinings 4ag's.

Edited by CHA54

Yes they're 2zz, one of the Neil Trama 2zz turbo 500hp+ setups is in this car:

http://www.neiltrama.com/

I sold my chaser back in 2005 from memory, it was then written off and the drivetrain now lives in a cressida in Newcastle.

The atlantics now run a mazda engine which replaced the hasselgren and loinings 4ag's.

so what car do you have now with the 2j (oh chaser was a 1j anyway hey)

ah i should have know atlantic engines were 4a's as i have the rods in my engine

the 3sg are in the jdm 2000 racers or what ever the devision is