filling fuel

Noodle Boy

my aurion runs mostly on 98 RON unleaded, but from different companies, for example i use mobil 98 for a 1 tank and bp ultimate for another. to my knowledge, different companies mix their fuel in slighty different ways, and therefore it may contain different elements and substances to each other. so my questions is, is it OK to use different fuel from different companies or stick with 1 and why. im asking this question because im worried that what im currently doing will lead to problems for the engine in the future.

thanks all.

Edited by seifer

There will be no issues with mixing brands of fuel.

The only requirement is the octane rating. Use the minimum recommended by your owners manual. Paying for extra octane doesn't achieve anything regardless of what the fuel/oil companies want you to believe.

Fear not Daryl i'm here to save you. NOT B)

for all noobs out there. READ THE FAQ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A THREAD.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19545

BTW nice website you have Daryl

Oh man I can be stupid at times. I held down CTRL and clicked every single one of those links to see which threads they being up <massive facepalm at my stupidity>.

But seriously, if mixing different brands of fuels is a problem, then you would think every car out there on the road would be having issues. It's just basic common sense. I'm not going to say any more.

As for the website, I pretty much bailed on it ages ago. Only really keep the movies page up to date at times. Apart from that, it is just a space filler.

my aurion runs mostly on 98 RON unleaded, but from different companies, for example i use mobil 98 for a 1 tank and bp ultimate for another. to my knowledge, different companies mix their fuel in slighty different ways, and therefore it may contain different elements and substances to each other. so my questions is, is it OK to use different fuel from different companies or stick with 1 and why. im asking this question because im worried that what im currently doing will lead to problems for the engine in the future.

thanks all.

No, not at all. In the end its just all personal preference and what makes you sleep better at night.

thanks all.

I never thought of that before....lucky I use one station I guess :blink:

Hi seifer,SuperDave answered everything you needed to know in three lines mate,and take note of his last paragraph,regardless of what people say about using 98 in a car designed to run on 91 and achieve maximum efficiency (204kw on 95 octane). Unless you own a ferrari or something similar you are just wasting your money.Its all mind over matter mate.I dont know why you dont use E10 as very soon thats all thats going to be available as of the 1st July 2011 the Government is putting a ban on the sale of regular unleaded.We personally use United 95 E10, and both the Aurion and our hilux 4.0 V6 thrive on it. In the Aurion we average 8.9lt/100 on a trip to Coffs Harbour.A mate owns a TRD Aurion and he swears by it.By the way next time you see a tanker driver pulled over for a rest just ask him who makes what fuel,regardless of wether its got shell,mobile ,bp whatever on the side,you need to hear it first hand,then you will change you views on where you go and what you use, :whistling::whistling:

Hi seifer,SuperDave answered everything you needed to know in three lines mate,and take note of his last paragraph,regardless of what people say about using 98 in a car designed to run on 91 and achieve maximum efficiency (204kw on 95 octane). Unless you own a ferrari or something similar you are just wasting your money.Its all mind over matter mate.I dont know why you dont use E10 as very soon thats all thats going to be available as of the 1st July 2011 the Government is putting a ban on the sale of regular unleaded.We personally use United 95 E10, and both the Aurion and our hilux 4.0 V6 thrive on it. In the Aurion we average 8.9lt/100 on a trip to Coffs Harbour.A mate owns a TRD Aurion and he swears by it.By the way next time you see a tanker driver pulled over for a rest just ask him who makes what fuel,regardless of wether its got shell,mobile ,bp whatever on the side,you need to hear it first hand,then you will change you views on where you go and what you use, :whistling::whistling:

Ahhh your mate with the TRD really should ALWAYS use 98RON fuel, 95 is fine in a pinch but Toyota/TRD stress only in a pinch and only fill up enough to get you to a station with 98 fuel. Toyota has posted a bulletin to the Dealer network about this as there has been a few problems with TRD Aurion’s that have regular been run on fuels other then 98. Just don’t risk it basically lol

I usually put Vortex 98. BP Ultimate aswell sometimes (depending when i need to fill up)

You can definetely mix fuel theres no doubt about that. Petrol is petrol.

I dont know much about E10 though as i have never used it.

If you have an extra $10 and your car is your pride and joy, then fill up with 98 Octane :)

It comes down to your personal choice really. Each to their own.

Thanks for your info Adamsy,I will pass this on to him much appreciated mate,once again thanks

No Worries at all mate, Always happy to help out :)

Thanks for your info Adamsy,I will pass this on to him much appreciated mate,once again thanks

Hi Adamsy,I did pass your info on to my friend and he does use 98 in it,he had to use 95 in it a couple of times due to the servo in which he gets it from out of 98 and he informed me its only then that he puts it in, other wise its 98 all the way.

Mate I enclosed that article relating to normal unleaded being discontinued (NSW NRMA open road July Aug 2010 edition ) hope my attacment works,, take care matepost-18351-128211913134_thumb.jpg

Hi Adamsy,I did pass your info on to my friend and he does use 98 in it,he had to use 95 in it a couple of times due to the servo in which he gets it from out of 98 and he informed me its only then that he puts it in, other wise its 98 all the way.

Mate I enclosed that article relating to normal unleaded being discontinued (NSW NRMA open road July Aug 2010 edition ) hope my attacment works,, take care matepost-18351-128211913134_thumb.jpg

Hey! yeah no thats great, half a tank of 95 here and there is fine and won't harm anything (maybe a little bit of performance loss) but 98 really is the go for the TRD cars. :) ahhh that e10 problem could prove interesting lol

There two new Petrols that i havent heard of in that article.

Premium 100 and E85...

E85 = 85% Ethernol. That would make the car fly :P

Premium 100 would be good if it didnt have ethernol

There two new Petrols that i havent heard of in that article.

Premium 100 and E85...

E85 = 85% Ethernol. That would make the car fly :P

Premium 100 would be good if it didnt have ethernol

Bloody oath mate that 100 octane sounds good ,pity its only avail @ blacktown and down on the border,Article on the V8 Supercars;;

CSR Ethanol

CSR Ethanol has become the official fuel supplier of the V8 Supercar Championship Series in a deal set to reduce greenhouse emissions from V8 Supercars racing in Australia and overseas in 2009 and beyond.

CSR Ethanol joined the V8 Supercars Championship Series at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 for the announcement of its role as the official fuel sponsor of the sport and of the CSR V8 Racing Green carbon offset program for the next three years.

The fuel to be used by the high performance V8 Supercars from the start of the 2009 season is E85, a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% unleaded petrol. E85's high concentrate of ethanol is great news for the environment.

Ian Glasson CEO of CSR Sugar, said "We are excited to support the V8 Supercar series. Every litre of E85 made from CSR Ethanol produces less than half the CO2 emissions as one litre of petrol so this move will help them reduce the racing CO2 emissions of the V8 Supercars by over 50%."

The deal marks another milestone for V8 Supercars Australia in improving the environmentally friendliness of its sport while sending a strong message to millions of followers that ethanol is a fully viable petrol alternative for road cars.

"We are in the business of motorsport which will always rely on fuel as its main source of energy but it is time for us to set an example to the wider community to strongly consider ethanol as an alternative fuel," V8 Supercars Australia Chairman Tony Cochrane said.

"If a fully engineered V8 Supercar can be powered by a majority ethanol fuel blend, we encourage all Australians to make the switch to an ethanol blend to help sustain the environment.

"Over time we believe that ethanol will become the fuel of choice and will be available at more retail outlets so we encourage everybody to start using ethanol in their everyday lives."