Queensland police's

JCP88

No doubt that this car was driven off it's tits. Was thrashed from a dead cold engine, engine was left idling hours on end (police don't turn off their cars with strobes on, it kills the battery).

But really, doesn't matter. She will still go on for years to come. My old camry was absolutely thrashed, and I mean thrashed! The guy I bought my camry from(family friend), his son would treat every car like its a V8 supercar so I know it was a thrashed car/engine.

But with a lot of TLC I could have sold the car with a guarantee that the engine will last you another 200,000KM :)(was sitting on 250,000 when sold)

In easy terms is means the car was driven hard! Why are some of you being heroes and saying "Shouldn't have bought it should have done this and that" not very helpful! Police car or not it's a very nice vehicle ;)

Point not well taken..

The car should've been inspected properly from top to bottom to avoid any unwanted problems. It might not help him this time, but it will next time and let this be a lesson. You don't want to advise people to do this and that only when bad things happened do you..?

Despite of its negatives being an ex-polices, It's a nice car and hopefully no problem watsoever in the future. We're all happy for him. I'm sure nothing major & different would happen to this car as much as ours.

Note for future 2nd hand car buying always study log book first before actual car if log book is dodgy or not fillled out walk away. I dont think you will have any real problems still plenty of km's to go before the car starts giving you trouble.

haha thanks ><''''

yea used to have a old stock camry csi from 1997 ....had it for 13 years ..with 130,000km. never had any problem with the car...eventhough i always drive it hard out ..flooring it etc lol. but 13 yrs ...haha not that bad i guess ?

on the top gear website...it says that the aurion will last million yrs ...ahaaha so i guess the aurion will last for a long time ? 20 yrs maybe ?

by my is a ExCop car ><'' ...maybe wont last that long....

No doubt that this car was driven off it's tits. Was thrashed from a dead cold engine, engine was left idling hours on end (police don't turn off their cars with strobes on, it kills the battery).

But really, doesn't matter. She will still go on for years to come. My old camry was absolutely thrashed, and I mean thrashed! The guy I bought my camry from(family friend), his son would treat every car like its a V8 supercar so I know it was a thrashed car/engine.

But with a lot of TLC I could have sold the car with a guarantee that the engine will last you another 200,000KM :)(was sitting on 250,000 when sold)

how old was ur old camry ? not as old as my was it ? my was 13 years old...1997 camry XD i treat it like a race car too when i got my license lol.

so eventhough the the excop aurion was thrashed ..still will last a long time hey lol. whats TLC ?

In easy terms is means the car was driven hard! Why are some of you being heroes and saying "Shouldn't have bought it should have done this and that" not very helpful! Police car or not it's a very nice vehicle ;)

Point not well taken..

The car should've been inspected properly from top to bottom to avoid any unwanted problems. It might not help him this time, but it will next time and let this be a lesson. You don't want to advise people to do this and that only when bad things happened do you..?

Despite of its negatives being an ex-polices, It's a nice car and hopefully no problem watsoever in the future. We're all happy for him. I'm sure nothing major & different would happen to this car as much as ours.

defintly a big less for my parents and i XD

hopefully the engine wont break down after a year or 2 LOL!

hi ..

recently just brought a 2nd hand aurion sportivo from car sales ...and after when i brought the car, i saw the logbook and it says the 1st owner

was the Queensland police ...my parents was like wtf =.=

the aurion was made in oct 2008, registered in 2009 ...and had like 60,000km + ....

so was wondering ...since the 1st original owner was driven by the police .....would it be really bad ....

Hi Mate,

I just recently bought the same white Aurion Sportivo ex QLD Police !

Everything works perfect, got 59,500 km, full service history, Sept 2008 built but first registered @ May 2009. The only problem is the some scratches in interior....

• 8 months later...

Hi i am currently lloking at buying my first aurion sportivo... I have found a blue one with 50,000kms and it is an ex police car...It was only used for general duties. Service books are up to date and the interior is very tidy.. Do they do any mods to these cars at all when they are a ploice car.. Apparently it was never a patrol car, but i am going down the caryard tomorrow to have another look. Thanks :)

Hi i am currently lloking at buying my first aurion sportivo... I have found a blue one with 50,000kms and it is an ex police car...It was only used for general duties. Service books are up to date and the interior is very tidy.. Do they do any mods to these cars at all when they are a ploice car.. Apparently it was never a patrol car, but i am going down the caryard tomorrow to have another look. Thanks :)

Only mods are to the electrical system for things like the sirens, anti-theft etc, and it all gets ripped out. No performance mods aside from what the sportivo comes standard.

If it's blue then yes it was never a marked patrol car. More likely used by any number of the plain clothes sections.

Things to look out for are mainly drill holes in the trim pieces where they mounted the equipment. Also worth removing the back seat to check for needles/drugs/knives etc.

Also don't think they've been looked after. The QPS mechanics do what's in the log books, and only ever stray from that if something needs fixing (badly). I would personally suggest steering clear of it but I can't deny the possibility either of a car being given to cops coming back still in fairly A1 condition.

I will be giving it a good look over, but it is very tidy .... Depends if we can strike the right deal first and I still have to test drive it... Looked at it a week ago

That scenario is very much identical to Zeinheiger's when he got his-same colour and very similar history. I hope it's a good buy though.

Okay to be fair I have a 2007 Camry ex Budget renta racer. Had 95K on it when I got it. Ciggie burn in roof lining, missing lighter,small dings and scrathes and a torn rear bench seat. It had aso been gutter jumped as underneath one of the engine mount plates has been badly bent. I recently had to replace the wheel bearing on that side front, fairly expensive. They do not service the transmissions, ever at Budget. I had the car serviced, stitched up the seat, put seat covers on and cleaned her up. She has the rattles at differant temps in the dash and console and I was under her yesterday adjusting the foglamps thanks to DJ's help and noticed the transmission pan is weeping and there is a dirty oil film on the steering rack. So may need to get the rack swapped out but have a mate in that game, the tranny is most likely the pan gasket and that is due again in 800 k's so not worried, tha car is great and I love it. Best of al it was free. This is my second ex rental with no real bad issues.

Spied