New Aurion owner

DeafDave76

Hey guys,

Finally after such long 12 and 4 months since the car accident which wrote off my Magna, I am now a proud new owner of the Aurion. I picked it up last night. I chose to go for Aurion because I have always been a V6 guy plus I couldn't resist the 200kw motor could I? I couldn't see myself into a 4 cyl car with exception of mum's mazda 6 which is ok car.

Photos of the car will be up soon.

For everyone asking what it is - 2010 MY10 Aurion Touring SE.

She will stay stock until warranty expires then I will mod it up to my vision. Only thing I will do is get rid of the rims when my tyres are worn out as they are a bit plain looking but otherwise it's ok.

Cheers

Dave

First, welcome to the community. Great choice. Wat colour did u pick?

Warranty expires.. :lol: . I take that you'll start modding ur car 3 years from now? :lol:. Well, do look around the forum for topics that we've discussed. Pros, cons, problems, and the after-effect and such.

Go slow though, coz you're 3 years ahead... :lol:

Btw, thread is posted in the wrong section...

Edit: Nevermind, DJKOR has read this, took the intiative and moved the thread to the right section. :lol:

Welcome mate. Good to see you chose the Aurion as the replacement. Great choice.

Edit: Nevermind, DJKOR has read this, took the intiative and moved the thread to the right section. :lol:

Say what? :lol: Someone else must have gotten to it.

First, welcome to the community. Great choice. Wat colour did u pick?

Silver ash is the colour but it looks like gold under a street light.

A question...does anyone bother with paint protection or rust protection? I haven't put them on but I am thinking about it. I got defensepak tinting chucked in for free after I complained about a number of things that wasn't in the ad when I had it for a test drive. Salesperson's boss agreed to chucking that in for free.

And does anyone know if aftermarket seat covers are ok for the seats?

Edited by DeafDave76

For paint protection if you know how to do it you will save A LOT of money by doing it yourself.

As for seat cover ONLY get the genuine Aurion seat covers as the air bags will not deploy properly with aftermarket seat covers. IMO don't both with seat covers.

Congratulations on your purchase those touring are great value for money that for sure!

As for the seat covers mate, like other have mentioned here i too always recommend to customer to either buy genuine seat covers or not to worry about it as the multi vehicle fit after market ones just are worth the risk of them even slightly blocking the airbags?

Not sure about others but i actually like just the plan seats of modern cars, especially leather ones haha :P

Congrats Dave hope you enjoy driving it as much as I do mine. I fitted aftermarket sheepskin seat covers to mine, got them from Autopro. They fit perfectly and dont cover the airbag area at all :yahoo:

Congrats Dave on the new addition. :toast:

I just upgraded from Mazda 6 to Aurion on Tuesday.....and I am very happy with it. (now just got to detail the Mazda so that I can sell it!!!)

I got a protection pack which included tinting, interior/exterior protection and rustguard with the car (from a company called autogard). Seems good so far but it's only early days, I guess we'll see how good it really is in a few years...

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Congrats Dave on the new addition. :toast:

I just upgraded from Mazda 6 to Aurion on Tuesday.....and I am very happy with it. (now just got to detail the Mazda so that I can sell it!!!)

I got a protection pack which included tinting, interior/exterior protection and rustguard with the car (from a company called autogard). Seems good so far but it's only early days, I guess we'll see how good it really is in a few years...

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Autogard...never heard of it. :blink:

Pics will be uploaded this weekend.

Personally, I think that unless you live less than 500m from a beach (salt in the seaspray etc) , getting rustguard is probably a waste of money.

Well to be honest, I do go to the beach in summer almost every weekend barring any shark sightings. I would rather drive myself down than wait for everyone in family to come together in our van so hence the need for rustguard.

I might think I will do the paint and rust protection pack. They are from defensepak company but do I get them thru the dealer or do I go directly to the place that sells them for less than what dealer is offering? i have heard dealers earns commission for this kind of thing?

Personally, I think that unless you live less than 500m from a beach (salt in the seaspray etc) , getting rustguard is probably a waste of money.

Fair call I suppose. I got mine as part of a Novated Lease package - it helps me save from paying the taxman more $$$. Just an added extra.

Hey guys...photos are up. Actually these are from my iPhone taken on last Friday at Central Tower Car Park (where I park for free courtesy of Wilson Parking :whistling: ).

I actually have forgotten to take photos when I was at Garvey Park on Sunday for my dad's 60th birthday. So these iPhones would have to do until I get some decent shots later.

To those that thought the colour looked gold, you are correct in fact because it came from those overhead lights. My car is actually silver ash.

I have discovered only the negative thing during Sunday...the boot hinges does intrude space. I didn't realise it until I loaded stuff in the boot. I remember reading somewhere here an Aurion owner had modded the boot hinge from gooseneck variety to something akin to fold away? I couldn't find that thread so could someone kindly point that to me?

post-18809-128634483314_thumb.jpg

post-18809-128634485165_thumb.jpg