DIY Tutorial on Fitting HID into 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY

Rukus G

Okay I'm just doing some reading up on Toyo Nation - looks like for the Gen 6 the fog lights and low beam are H11 and the high beam is H7, can anyone confirm? I want to replace fogs, low beam, high beam and parkers.

H11 sounds correct for low beams and Fogs. I think high beams are 9005 (im guessing thats H7)

The only reason i didnt get Hi Beam HIDs is because id rarely use it. Parkers are a must :)

Thanks Ronny - I do a fair bit of night time country driving, hence wanting to replace low and high beam with HID's, and the foggies as well. The more I can light things up the better :lol: Still debating what to use for parkers, some kind of LED, just need to work out what size.

I would avoid putting HIDs in high beam and fog light unless you want people high beaming you back or causing an accident on purpose.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would avoid putting HIDs in high beam and fog light unless you want people high beaming you back or causing an accident on purpose.

I would agree with the statement but not the reasoning completely. I agree to the glaring issue for having HID fog lights, but as for the high beams, you are meant to dip your high beams when there are others on the road in view of your car, so the brightness thing should never be a problem.

I still wouldn't fit HID's to your high beams though unless you do long distances where you will most likely never need to dip your high beams. The reason for this is because HID's have a longer lifespan when run continuously. Constantly turning then on and off adds extra wear to them and is a good way to reduce their life.

HIDs for FOGs in Gen 6 Camry's look awesome :D

EDIT: at the same time use it wisely :)

Thanks for the replies - this is exactly the kind of info I'm after, as there doesn't seem to be a proper DIY on here or much info about doing it. If I search it tells me HID is too short so I've tried other combo's and don't seem to be coming up with anything useful. And obviously if someone else was around I wouldn't have my high beams on. I don't need to use them around Bendigo, but if I'm driving home to Bright of a night time or to my grandparents in Stanley its pretty dark, so anything other than what I've got now would be a definite improvement.

Throwing this out there, how about 6000k low beams, then just something like a Xenon bulb for the high beams and fogs? And parkers just the same, a Xenon or some kind of LED bulb. I don't want to have the blue tinge, as I know I don't like it when cars oncoming have the horrible blue headlights, so I've worked out 6000 is as high as I could go and they would probably have a slight tinge to them. Quite like having the foggies on at night to light up that lower area, but I don't use them in town.

6000K already has a slight blue tinge to it...i like it, so i run 6000K. still looks white at night though. 5000K is what OEM HIDs look like..

agreed ;)

And for the record, with 6k driving lights and 8k foggies, ive never ran into any issue with them with the po po. However, i get flashed from time to time however, even with the fogs off and just driving lights on i get flashed and they dont even have much glare due to it being a projector housing in comparison with a reflector housing

agreed ;)

And for the record, with 6k driving lights and 8k foggies, ive never ran into any issue with them with the po po. However, i get flashed from time to time however, even with the fogs off and just driving lights on i get flashed and they dont even have much glare due to it being a projector housing in comparison with a reflector housing

maybe you just get flashed coz it looks awesome? :lol: ive had no problems with my 6000Ks, not yet at least, only have them for a week :ph34r:

agreed ;)

maybe you just get flashed coz it looks awesome? :lol: ive had no problems with my 6000Ks, not yet at least, only have them for a week :ph34r:

Yeah i get hi beamed once in a while aswell with just the low beams on...

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I just done it today it simple, take one hrs maximum no modified need & used original bracket hold the H7 bulb, I did take the photo step by step .. if someone want it I can post up here !!

Cheers,

VD

I am in the same situation as you have earlier. Can you help me on what you did to modify the mounting bracket to hold the h7 bulb. thanks...

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys!

I believe the 9005's are actually HB3's , also where has everyone placed there Ballasts?, theres not much room in the 2007-2009 camry's. I've got 8000K H11's Low Beam, 6000k is white and 8000k has a touch of blue. I am getting halo projector lenses for foggies and gonna put 10000k hid's in them, should look good with bright dark blue parkers!

Question: has anyone put HID's in all 3 lights(high/low/fog)?? Please let meknow it must be ballast city in there !!! LOL

Thanks!

Sirja :D

post-24696-0-88229900-1311529203_thumb.j

Edited by Sirja

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is old but i'm thinking about fitting one. But i don't want to have the warranty or insurance issues. I suppose i can put the oem back but yeh have to think about it.

I've done it on my other car (Lexus which was ALOT harder) than what it seems here.

This is very easy to do.

I know this thread is old but i'm thinking about fitting one. But i don't want to have the warranty or insurance issues. I suppose i can put the oem back but yeh have to think about it.

I've done it on my other car (Lexus which was ALOT harder) than what it seems here.

This is very easy to do.

lmao , this video is easy to follow but i have to put the ballast else where cause theres no space where the video shows .

6k driving lights

12k Fog lights

White LED parker lights

How are people getting the bright parkers?

Also do you to connect anything to the battery or not?

Parkers are T10s man. plug and play to existing wire.

What colour temp is yours? Do you think putting on HIDs will void the warranty?

well if you got an 07 model , i think warranty has run out ?

but im not sure if it will . ask some of the others , they might know

It should only void your warranty if it is directly related to the fault caused.

Fitting HIDs and the wiring loom to the indicator stalk malfunctions, then I'm sure Toyota could trace it back to the HIDs.

Fitting HIDs and the rear seatbelts stop working, then it's not related in any way to the HIDs.

I have 8000K HID low beams, std high beams, 8000K LED parkers and 8000K LED foglights.

Fitting HIDs and the rear seatbelts stop working, then it's not related in any way to the HIDs.

I haven't heard of this, how does the rear seatbelts actually don't work after fitting HIDs?

Edit: Oh you meant it as am example. Gotcha.

I've ordered the T10 5 LED so i might do that first. The first mechanicl protection plan service is in 3 months time i might wait till after that to do the HIDs.

Edited by aem

• 4 months later...

Can someone pls confirm. The manual has H7 low beam, would the H11 bulb fit or should it be H7 bulb?

I notice there is a difference between H7 and H11.

http://www.ledoption.com/eBay/Listing/HID_Sys/HID_bulbs-2.jpg

I assume the ballasts are the same for both..

If you have foglights pull that out an see if it fits. I'm pretty sure the fogs are h11.

But if you have h7's you will need this housing thingo, which can be purchased of eBay for several bucks

• 1 month later...

Well today I tried installing and there was only think that I cannot do, and that was running the cables through the metal thingy. The plug to the ballast was too big. Is there a way around this?