Aurion Recall

CONROD

Hi everyone; its been a while. We recieved a letter from Toyota today stating a specific range of Camry/ Aurion vehicles that use (LED) rear combination lamps are being recalled as the durability of the LED,s may not meet Toyotas standards,and as such Toyota will rectify the problem.So I hope this helps all you out if Toyota fail to contact you in regards to the above,take care,,, CONROD

Does this affect all Aurions?

You have already seen the following thread:

Upcoming Aurion Customer Service Excercise

No2. Now this one only affects the face lifted model owners out there so stress less.

Due to the sealing gasket composition, over a period of time under certain environmental conditions the possibility exists for the silver surfaces in the LED's in the rear combination lamps to experience corrosion. This is in under the influence of humidity and higher atmospheric temperatures, the gasket used to seal the open tale lamp and the vehicle body can emit small amounts sulpuric acid (H2S) Affecting the durability of the LED's. As a preventive measure Toyota Australia will conduct a customer service exercise to replace the RH & LH rear lamp Gasket.

So nothing to major and this last one only affect vehicles built from 25th June 09 through to 21st Jan 2010. P/N:04000-51206

Hope this helps. People will start receiving letters from Toyota about it in the next couple of days.

Thanks Adamsy for going into detail re; the issue with the LEDs.Yes mate we have a 2010 facelift model. In the letter it states they need the vehicle for an hour or so possibly longer. Once the gaskets are replaced in your opinion the possability of the same problem down the track will be no longer be there.By the way mate I enjoy reading your feed back and solutions as they are free of bullsh*t and you have the knowledge and experience to support you ;;;good work mate keep it up

This would explain why i saw a number of Aurions/Camry's with LED tail lights having their Rear bumpers pulled out to have the tail lights removed...

Had my 120K service done today on the Camry (took 4 hrs) , I was thinking to myself, ""why are they changing the tail lights on these cars, they are in perfect condition. Must be because the LED bulbs needs to be replaced the hard way""

Thanks Adamsy for going into detail re; the issue with the LEDs.Yes mate we have a 2010 facelift model. In the letter it states they need the vehicle for an hour or so possibly longer. Once the gaskets are replaced in your opinion the possability of the same problem down the track will be no longer be there.By the way mate I enjoy reading your feed back and solutions as they are free of bullsh*t and you have the knowledge and experience to support you ;;;good work mate keep it up

No worries Conrod im always happy to help but it is nice to hear other find my posts useful and enjoyable to read so thanks. Guess the Big T got it right after all ha ha.

Once these new gaskets are fitted it should not be able to occur again, the circumstances for it to happen in the first place be quite rare and random as. This is just Toyota going over the top knocking small issues on the head before they become anything larger. After what happened in the US they are being very picky and carful for example it’s been noticed that the gear shifter in Hybrid Camrys can get warm at night due to the heat from the bulb so in some cars they are changing this to solve the issue nothing big and not something anybody would worry about but this just goes to prove there keen to get it right.

BEEP BEEP, look at the actual build date of your Aurion (located on the left hand rear door dogleg) if it's built after Jan 21st then this fix has been implemented on your vehicle at Altona so you don’t need to worry.

Man that sucks.... I hope this doesn't affect mine. I took delivery of a brand newie presara less than a month ago...

It most likely will :P

Nah if you only bought your car a month ago that would mean unless it's a demo it would only be a few months old at the most so it would have the problem fixed at the factory. Doubt this car has the potential issue.

Man that sucks.... I hope this doesn't affect mine. I took delivery of a brand newie presara less than a month ago...

It most likely will :P

Nah if you only bought your car a month ago that would mean unless it's a demo it would only be a few months old at the most so it would have the problem fixed at the factory. Doubt this car has the potential issue.

LOL.... I went, "DOH" then "Phew!" within a span of 2 posts. Oh well.. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I went to have a look at the rear tail lights last night in my garage. I can see why it's going to be a real B**ch to remove and replace yourself.... dang!!.

Thanks for the input Ronnyboy & Adamsy!

Once these new gaskets are fitted it should not be able to occur again, the circumstances for it to happen in the first place be quite rare and random as.

I think the effects of the incorrect gasket may be more apparent than that.

Both tail-lights in our facelift model fill up with soapy bubbles every time I wash the vehicle. We don't have water in the spare wheel well however.

The gap created in ours must be significant as there is a family of spiders that have set up home in the drivers side light :blink:

I've looked at two others I've come across and both had the same 'high tide' marks left by water ingress.

Once these new gaskets are fitted it should not be able to occur again, the circumstances for it to happen in the first place be quite rare and random as.

I think the effects of the incorrect gasket may be more apparent than that.

Both tail-lights in our facelift model fill up with soapy bubbles every time I wash the vehicle. We don't have water in the spare wheel well however.

The gap created in ours must be significant as there is a family of spiders that have set up home in the drivers side light :blink:

I've looked at two others I've come across and both had the same 'high tide' marks left by water ingress.

This recall has nothing to do with leaky lamps so it's not designed to fix the issue as that is an indivual car issue not all cars fill up with water. i have no dramas on the right side but do have some codensation on the left. We have had to repace the lens on one other Sportivo so if your lenses are filling up with water then get these replaced under warranty would be the best fix?

I assume this is something they would fix as part of a normal service as well?? My car is 11/09 making it one year this month :)

I bought it from Toyota last month and they serviced it just before putting it up for sale - It would have been done then right? Common sense says so......

ummm i'd actually say it's unlikely as the recall is quite a new one and parts supply on came on line the last few weeks so as long as you have filled out the change of owner slip(found in the front or back of your owners manual or service book) and returned it to TMCA you should receive a letter very soon advising that you need to book in to have these parts replaced. :)