HELP !! Engine Immobilizers problem !! CAnnot start

braveheart

HI All !

I have just removed my positive terminal battery and now my car cannot Start ! It may be Immobilizer problem, but I am not sure ! Any of you know how to turn the engine on ? Desperately need help !!!

Maybe someone like DJOKOR or senior member would be able to help me ?

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Cheers,

Jimmy

If i'm reading this correctly you removed your + terminal from the battery and tried to start the car. Of course that car won't start. You need both terminals connected to start a car.

Assuming both terminals are connected do you get any sound from the engine bay when starting the engine?

If i'm reading this correctly you removed your + terminal from the battery and tried to start the car. Of course that car won't start. You need both terminals connected to start a car.

Assuming both terminals are connected do you get any sound from the engine bay when starting the engine?

LOL... sorry was panicked...!

Yeah.. I have removed the + terminal and of course put that back on!

No sound at all when I try to start the car.

But all the lights can turn on (except the turning lights).

Do you have any Idea whats went wrong ?

Thanks !!!!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks !!!!!!

My next best bet would be to replace with another battery and see if she starts. Chances are the battery on the car is dead.

When you turn your ignition to the "ON" position, does your dash light up? If so, does it then proceed to dim or cut out when you turn the key to "START"? If not, I would be checking all your engine bay fuses, especially the fusible links that are in the long blue strips on the side of the fuse box.

If the immobiliser had lost it's codes for your keys, then you would at least have the engine cranking when you turn the key to "START", but the engine won't start at all... it will just keep cranking. Well... that's for the factory one anyways. If you have an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser, then this could be the source of your problem.

Thanks !!!!!!

My next best bet would be to replace with another battery and see if she starts. Chances are the battery on the car is dead.

Battery is not dead for sure, have checked it.

When you turn your ignition to the "ON" position, does your dash light up? If so, does it then proceed to dim or cut out when you turn the key to "START"? If not, I would be checking all your engine bay fuses, especially the fusible links that are in the long blue strips on the side of the fuse box.

If the immobiliser had lost it's codes for your keys, then you would at least have the engine cranking when you turn the key to "START", but the engine won't start at all... it will just keep cranking. Well... that's for the factory one anyways. If you have an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser, then this could be the source of your problem.

HI Djkor !

Yes, when the dash light up when in "ON" Position but when I proceed to the next one which is start, it is completely silent (like when we have the battery flat - no sound at all). I have checked all the engine bay fuses, nothing cut off.

I have tried to jump it using other battery but still didnt have any sound.

Have you ever replaced your battery ? What happened ? I just removed the + positive terminal for 10 - 20 sec... and put that back. This is should be the same case when we got the battery flat and need to replace with the new one. Will this happening all the time ?

Thanks !!

Edited by braveheart

Since your car is still under warranty it's probably best to call Toyota and ask them. If anything is done to the car it should be free under warranty.

If there is no sound (machine gun sound) coming from the engine, the battery is fine and no fuse is blown then i have no idea what it could be. There could be a chance that a cable is disconnected but that's highly unlikely because all you did was disconnect the + terminal for a few secs.

Things to check with a multimeter:

Engine room fuse for ST/AM2 (30A)

Body ECU fuse (under glove box) AM1 (7.5A)

Transmission park/neutral switch ... should be ok unless you played with the transmission cable. Put it in N and roll the car a little if you want to be sure.

The rest is up to the ignition switch, IG Relay and engine ECU.

If no change, try disconnecting the negative terminal ... to restore balance and order to the universe?

just a suggestion. If you live in NSW and have the NRMA road side assist and your funny about calling toyota then maybe get the nrma out to your house to check it out.

If they dont need to replace anything they wont charge you.

At least that way then can definatly tell you that battery is correctly installed and isnt flat....and lastly if you need to take it to your mechanic or toyota

just a suggestion. If you live in NSW and have the NRMA road side assist and your funny about calling toyota then maybe get the nrma out to your house to check it out.

If they dont need to replace anything they wont charge you.

At least that way then can definatly tell you that battery is correctly installed and isnt flat....and lastly if you need to take it to your mechanic or toyota

Dirty terminals can cause this issue too...... Had something like this happen to my LandCruiser a while back... was cussin and swearing at the battery I paid $450 for about 3 months ago.... Then I realized the terminals were dirty... like really filthy.

You never know.. it could probably be something as simple as that....

Hi All,

Thanks for the helps!!!

I will go to my carpark to have look and try all the suggestions that you guys posted it.

Try to remember what happened yesterday:

I try to installed the amplifier for subwoofer. So the power cable is 4 gauge - probably bigger than + terminal ? is that makes the current from the battery running through that one rather than going to the normal cable for ignition ? I will try to disconnect it in a sec.

And also the remote power for amplifier, getting it from accessories lamp under the steering wheel.

Conditions :

- All the alarm and car remote is still active

- Headlight(High and Low), tail lights, hazard lights and other lights in dashboard is still on except for the turning lights.

The unusual things:

- The trip computer for fuel consumption is set back to 0L, average km reset to 0, outside temp E C.

- Power windows didnt work.

- The transmission cannot be shifted (except pressing the button)

- No power to Head Unit.

- Engine cannot start

I will try the following :

- try to remove both negative and positive terminal and put that back on (450hp suggestions).

- Check the terminal whether that one dirty or not.

- Try to remove the big cable for audio.

If this cannot help I will join the NRMA Road Assistant, do I have to wait or can use the service tomorrow ?

Guess what, I called toyota Glebe service centre today and they said to "Tow" my car to their service centre. - I live in an apartment that cannot have a vehicle higher than 2m to come in. and it is in 6th level. Really not helpful at all.

Other consideration, might call Mobile Auto electrician. Any of you guys have a contact for reliable car electrician guy (the one that will not cause further trouble) ?

Thanks so much !!!!

Cheers,

Maybe you killed the battery listing to the music loud. Might be worth disconnecting the sub and amp. Did you get a voltage meter to check if the battery is working first?

You can try your chances with the NRMA road side assistance with getting them to fix itonce signed up tomorrow morning. But best thing to do is try to roll the car out onto the street with one or two mates pushing the car from behind whilst you steer. I'm sure if you ask the guys from the other apartments to help out they will if you shout them some beer. Might be a good idea to chat up one of the hot girls from the apartments to help you out as well. hing hint!!

....but i recon pushing the car on the road is the best thing to do first if the battery has no charge. At least that way you can get the guys at Toyota to fix the issue. I am sure they will have the answer...besides if they make mistakes they have to fix it whilst NRMA and an auto electrician and just run off and lie to you saying its something else.

Personally I would try to avoid those auto electricians. It might just be me...but when i had a faulty ballast on my HID kit i called an mobile auto electrician out in blacktown. the guy wanted to charge me $150 just to tell me the ballast is faulty and needed to buy a new one, which i could have figured out myself if i was a bit more patient in looking at it myself. Dont take it the wrong way...it was basically because i was on my P plates and younger at the time and the guy just wanted to try and rip me off.

be interested to know what the problem is

Edited by Armstrong

Maybe you killed the battery listing to the music loud. Might be worth disconnecting the sub and amp. Did you get a voltage meter to check if the battery is working first?

You can try your chances with the NRMA road side assistance with getting them to fix itonce signed up tomorrow morning. But best thing to do is try to roll the car out onto the street with one or two mates pushing the car from behind whilst you steer. I'm sure if you ask the guys from the other apartments to help out they will if you shout them some beer. Might be a good idea to chat up one of the hot girls from the apartments to help you out as well. hing hint!!

....but i recon pushing the car on the road is the best thing to do first if the battery has no charge. At least that way you can get the guys at Toyota to fix the issue. I am sure they will have the answer...besides if they make mistakes they have to fix it whilst NRMA and an auto electrician and just run off and lie to you saying its something else.

Personally I would try to avoid those auto electricians. It might just be me...but when i had a faulty ballast on my HID kit i called an mobile auto electrician out in blacktown. the guy wanted to charge me $150 just to tell me the ballast is faulty and needed to buy a new one, which i could have figured out myself if i was a bit more patient in looking at it myself. Dont take it the wrong way...it was basically because i was on my P plates and younger at the time and the guy just wanted to try and rip me off.

be interested to know what the problem is

LOL!!! Thanks for entertaining me ! at least someone talked to me....

Unfortunately I haven't even test the amplifier... and this is auto car... cannot be roll start...

I have signed up for NRMA road assist and they will call me tomorrow to take my cc details for the payment.. after that have to wait for another 48 hours before I can use the service(if im not wrong.. jezzzzzz)

do not know what to do now....

Why wait so long for road side assist? Just call a mobile mechanic and get them to come down straight away.

i gotta agree with Silver-Aurion on this one

if you haven't managed to get the car towed to Toyota...just call the mobile mechanic asap

Why wait so long for road side assist? Just call a mobile mechanic and get them to come down straight away.

Yeah at last I got one auto electrician that will try to bypass the immobilizer ! but he will charged me $230...zzzzzzz. But the work is not guaranteed.... hope he can do it... feel so hopeless now while waiting for him to come over.....

I will post the update to u guys if it is not too hard to bypass.. incase any of you facing the same problem with me.... *sigh :angry:

I read some post that easy to reset the immobilizer for some older car.. but dunno with aurion....

Edited by braveheart

Yeah at last I got one auto electrician that will try to bypass the immobilizer ! but he will charged me $230...zzzzzzz. But the work is not guaranteed.... hope he can do it... feel so hopeless now while waiting for him to come over.....

I will post the update to u guys if it is not too hard to bypass.. incase any of you facing the same problem with me.... *sigh :angry:

I read some post that easy to reset the immobilizer for some older car.. but dunno with aurion....

Mate before you even think of talking about bypassing your immobilizer and having shonky alterations done to the electrics on your car,trace back your own work( look where youve provided power for your amp) as something must be off. Is it properly and adequitely insulated ?Does this also feed other ancillaries? either that or youve blown one of the fusible links.

First up check fuse #5,6,12,13,In the fuse block located BEHIND your glove box,best of luck Dude, take care;;

This might sound a bit silly but.......

Is your transmission in PARK?

This is not silly at all, I remember 15 years ago with my new Camry. I ended up calling NRMA. When the guy explained to me what had happened, I blushed.

I turned the engine off while it was in D. :whistling: