Lower grill mesh

Pah

Hiya Guys,

I know you have seen this before but I have meshed the lower grill and wanted to post a picture to see what you guys think. This is my first attempt at a mod apart from the aftermarket head unit and I think it turned out pretty good. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be picking up a Lexus style chrome grill from Aur3on to complete the mod. Now all I need is a new front bar skin as this one is covered in stone chips <_<

Cheers

Peter

post-20898-0-78936200-1292120576_thumb.j

That is definitely different. Well done on the job, it looks clean.

The mesh looks like it is installed good but I'm not sure it will really suit the car. You should take some pictures from further pack to show is the whole car look.

Yeah I have been looking at it for a couple of days and im thinking I may paint it black, was waiting for the chrome grill to see if it would look better silver or black but i guess the black would match the vents and I do like the white and black contrast.

Thanks for your opinions guys I will post more pics when I decide which way to go :clap:

Cheers

Peter

Yeah I have been looking at it for a couple of days and im thinking I may paint it black, was waiting for the chrome grill to see if it would look better silver or black but i guess the black would match the vents and I do like the white and black contrast.

Thanks for your opinions guys I will post more pics when I decide which way to go :clap:

Cheers

Peter

Hey Peter, I think it looks great, If you paint it black it will just disappear. Practical too, protect the radiator.

Cheers Tom

I personally wouldn't do it If I were you.

Your body kit isn't sportivo and the grill is standard, unless you go the Sporty grill from Thai and make the same mesh.

It doesn't blend in. I'm not sure If you were to colour it black.

For you, just make a single linining, silver like Hidden Taco.

I personally wouldn't do it If I were you.

Your body kit isn't sportivo and the grill is standard, unless you go the Sporty grill from Thai and make the same mesh.

It doesn't blend in. I'm not sure If you were to colour it black.

For you, just make a single linining, silver like Hidden Taco.

Yeah I had to do something the webs in the original lower grill were broken and it looked pretty crappy and this was a cheap alternative to finding an original one. Hope to pick up a lexus chrome grill from Aur3on soon and also looking at installing fog lights, should make it look a little better. I really like what Hidden Taco has done with his lower grill, it really suits his car.

Cheers

Peter

Now that I have seen a whole car picture I have to say it really doesn't suit which is a pity because it looked like a quality job.

Mesh should always be black in my opinion.

You are gonna hate me, but I probably would start with a new mesh and wouldn't paint it unless you plan on doing 3 Coates because the second it chips your going to see white.

Now that I have seen a whole car picture I have to say it really doesn't suit which is a pity because it looked like a quality job.

Mesh should always be black in my opinion.

You are gonna hate me, but I probably would start with a new mesh and wouldn't paint it unless you plan on doing 3 Coates because the second it chips your going to see white.

Yeah I was going to head to Supercheap this arvo and pick up some black mesh, the thought of painting it didnt really appeal to me and it would cost half the price of a sheet of black mesh. I will mesh it black on the weekend and post up a new pic.

Thanks for the input guys really appreciate it.

Cheers

Peter

arghhhh man this just makes me feel lazy for not getting around to doing this yet :( although not as lazy as a certain other member with a white ZR6 who has it sitting in his garage ready to go.... haha

arghhhh man this just makes me feel lazy for not getting around to doing this yet :( although not as lazy as a certain other member with a white ZR6 who has it sitting in his garage ready to go.... haha

Funny you should say that, coz.....

15122010147.jpg

Yeah. Take that. :P

Funny you should say that, coz.....

15122010147.jpg

Yeah. Take that. :P

oh what son of a biacth when did this happen lol? midnight during the week no doubt?

Tuesday night. Nah, not midnight. Mid evening, moreso.

haha sweet as looks good as cheif, have the xmas parade tonight but ill try and get some tiem to check it out before i go away!

Ok I changed the mesh to black yesterday and it looks so much better, thanks guys for the suggestions. Picking up the grill today will post pics when I install it.

Cheers

Peter

post-20898-0-15353400-1292619517_thumb.j

post-20898-0-77072700-1292619528_thumb.j

Ok I changed the mesh to black yesterday and it looks so much better, thanks guys for the suggestions. Picking up the grill today will post pics when I install it.

Cheers

Peter

I was wrong about it disappearing. It looks great.

Cheers Tom

btw finished the footwell, V.happy with the gentle glow.

Ok picked up and fitted my chrome grill today. Very happy with the result it totally changes the look of the car. Fog lights and footwell lighting are next on the agenda :yahoo::clap:

post-20898-0-98373100-1292664031_thumb.j