2009 Camry 5.8l V8 TRD RWD at the SEMA show

DJKOR

It's kinda oldish news, but this was the first I heard of it. I don't recall it being mentioned here, so here it is. Give it a different paint job, and I'd buy one:

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/auto-shows/2010-sema-show/toyota/nascarcamry/IMG_5407.JPG.html

Toyota products have often been criticized for being a bit too tame, lacking in enthusiasm while operating more like appliances. In an effort to distract from that reality, Toyota and the RK Collection have built a custom NASCAR edition Camry that does more than just look the part.

Powered by a massive 358 ci TRD NASCAR V8 power plant, this Camry puts out 680-hp at 8500 rpm. Gliding it through the gears is a Tremic T-56 Magnum 6-speed manual transmission equipped with Ram’s dual-disc street clutch. Enhancing the V8 is a custom 3-inch exhaust, Thrush mufflers and custom side exhaust tips.

Also helping to do away with the image of a sedate family sedan is the fact that the NASCAR Camry isn’t a sedan at all. Instead it’s a coupe with just two doors. The Camry coupe features an exterior shell custom-made by RKC and includes a full body kit, Toyota grill, carbon fiber brake ducts with fog lights and of course, TRD emblems throughout. On all four corners are stylish 20-inch TSW Jarama wheels. They are staggered with a 8.5-inch wide fitment in the front and a 10-inch wide fitment in the rear. They come wrapped with Michelin Pilot rubber.

No race-inspired machine would be complete with a wicked suspension setup. The Camry receives modified Macpherson struts in the front, while the rear sports Venza’s modified multi-link independent suspension.

Inside the panels have been covered in leather while the headliner has been finished in suede. SPEK gauges by Proparts are seen in the dashboard while Vintage Air provides air conditioning. A four-point roll cage was also installed not to only stiffen the chassis, but to reinforce for safety.

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

Talk about attention to detail,I love the grille mesh also I think I'd rather see it as a Camry sedan rather than Solara.

Two door Camry is still called Solara isn't it?

Trying to take a peek at the Yaris in the back too

Thats what the new model camry's are going to look like. dont ask how i know, but i know for sure the dash , you could see the stitchings of it as well.

Talk about attention to detail,I love the grille mesh also I think I'd rather see it as a Camry sedan rather than Solara.

Two door Camry is still called Solara isn't it?

Sure is.

I dropped my beer whilst looking at those pics and vids, I was both happy and sad at the same time

Solara or not, I guess it shows that it is possible to fit:

1) A 5.8l V8 in there with space to spare,

2) RWD drivetrain.

If only I was made of money, imagine that transplanted into an Aurion shell.

Wicked...and yeah that running gear in an Aurion shell would be tuff as.

and in one of the other vids you can hear someone say after they switch off the engine...it sounds like a Hybrid. :lol: