[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

Public transport isn't fantastic, but if you know your routes it isn't so bad. Worst case scenario, I can (if available) ferry you around.

Would love some tips from the Queen of Cleaning but I would have offered shotgun anyway.

Heheh Queen of Cleaning, I like that! :D Thanks heaps for the help, really means a lot to me :)

There is public transport to the GC and all around brisbane, it depends what your definition of good is though.

Lol fair enough Mick, I still really want to drive, I just need to work out the sums better. I don't so much mind $600 odd worth of petrol, but since I'm driving up by myself I'll have to pay for accommodation on the way up too. Unless I maybe go home to Bright first, Bright to Sydney (was about 7 hours), stay with BG Pete and then is Sydney - Brisbane doable in a day?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......stay with BG Pete and then is Sydney - Brisbane doable in a day?

Yes, Sydney > Brisbane is doable in a day.

And my door is always open....with notice :)

......stay with BG Pete and then is Sydney - Brisbane doable in a day?

Yes, Sydney > Brisbane is doable in a day.

And my door is always open....with notice :)

Awesome, thanks very much, I will let you know asap :) Definitely want to drive so am just sussing out how that would work, the more I think about heading home to Bright first and then to Sydney, and then from Sydney to Brisbane the more I like it. Still the same amount of petrol but saves on accommodation, and still puts me up there the week beforehand so I can go check out the Gold Coast etc Then at least I'd have company on the return trip to drive back to Syd :)

Kingston Park booking has now been booked and secured with a deposit.

Could those that have said they are going, please send me a PM (because the forum does not let me view who has voted in the poll) stating that you have put down interest and I will add you to the list. Once you have paid your deposit, I will also update the list. Those that have also not been to Kingston Park in the last year, also advise me so I can note down whether you require the $5.50 license that is valid for a year.

I will then send you details so you can pay your deposit via direct deposit or PayPal. Briabane guys can obviously just give me cash at an upcoming Thursday meet.

I actually voted no to karting, but what the hell.

When in Rome :lol:

I thought I remembered you saying saomgthing about giving me money for that. So you aren't going karting? I'm confused now.

I actually voted no to karting, but what the hell.

When in Rome :lol:

I thought I remembered you saying saomgthing about giving me money for that. So you aren't going karting? I'm confused now.

It may have been money related to previous dealings (port/rotors/pads etc; but I seriously can't remember) but count me IN for karting, provided Anthony does not drop any bananas on the track :P

hahaha im down for photos in this one :D if anyone wants any :(

Definitely - I have GOT to get you to take some snaps of my car while I'm up there please :D And I suppose snaps of the go karting would be okay :lol:

Hey Sydney Peeps,

Just an update to our convoy idea.

1) We will be traveling up the Pac Hwy

2) We would like to leave midnight / 1am. Reason: if go at that time, the roadworks will not be happening and we get to brisbane in the early afternoon. This gives us a chance torelax and get ready for the meet and greet Friday night (i'll be wearing a tie :P)

3) Meeting Place is Thronleigh Maccas.

We suggest every gets a good night sleep.

If your in, just send us a PM so I get some numbers together and I'll update the post closer to the date :)

Thanks to those that have PM'ed me already and/or paid their deposits. I have removed the list above and placed the list underneath the attendance list on the first page. Link to it is here:

If you have expressed interest or would like to attend, please PM me ASAP. I will only reserve a position for you if you pay a $20 as well so if you choose not to pay a deposit, you may or may not be able to get a spot on the day as it will be open to the public as well. Also, if you choose to pay a deposit as you would like to definitely secure a sport, it would be ideal to do this within the next week as I can't make any guarantees of how many spots may be left as the days go by.