[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are open to suggestions.

Remember people budgets. We are not looking for flash. A roof, bed, bog and shower is pretty much all we need.

As mentioned before, JVN11L and I will have a look around on the weekend and have a suggestion list up by Monday 04/04.

I'm about 75 percent sure I can make it, gonna be a massive drive, but hopefully I can meet up with another VIC member and cruise together???

Hey Dale, Barb and I are heading up in the Camry but we're leaving to do the drive the week before (starting Friday the 3rd and taking our time), so won't be able to head up with you. We can definitely make part of the return journey back with you though, we reckon we're gunna leave on the Monday unless we're too stuffed, then it'll be Tuesday. So can drive to the border with you then break off as we'll be heading to Bright on the way back.

DO NOT STAY IN KALLANGUR or that part of town...

the show and shine is just one event on the weekend's plan... and trust me, that side of town is VERY FAR from the CBD etc...

i wouldn't call 25k's very far.

the show and shine is just one event on the weekend's plan... and trust me, that side of town is VERY FAR from the CBD etc...

dude its miles out, it takes a damn long time to get from northlakes/kallanguar to the CBD... especially if there is ANY traffic whatsoever.

dude its miles out, it takes a damn long time to get from northlakes/kallanguar to the CBD... especially if there is ANY traffic whatsoever.

ok dude.

i lived at North Lakes for about 8yrs..........................and its far... :)

i was replying to the post that asked for accomodation nearest to show and shine. and coming from out west my idea of a far drive is obviously different to others.

Edited by zedder

i was replying to the post that asked for accomodation nearest to show and shine. and coming from out west my idea of a far drive is obviously different to others.

It's not that it's far away in distance, but the fact that it can take 2 hours to do the trip some days.

Maybe look close to the airport, or if you want to VE closerto north lakes try strathpine/bald hills/bracken ridge areas for cheap accommodation as it's close to Gympie rd/Brice highway and you can get anywhere from there. Try also C****ldine/aspley/Chermside/kedron.

Hey Guys and Girls

Just letting you know that we have found some accommodation in windsor which should be nice

Brisbane International Clicky ... We are looking at the Twin Hotel Room Option on Wotif, which is $140 per night (max 2 adults)

WOTIF LINKY

If that is out of your budget, there is a Formule 1 just down the road, about 100 metres.

We are getting our booking in now in-case it goes pear shaped and the long weekend bites us in the ar$e. I would suggest interested parties get booking in early so there is no disappointment.

Once you made a booking, I suggest you post it up so Dazza can update the roll call for the out of towners

Hey Big Pete,

Looks like they closed till July.

Hotel Formule 1 Windsor Brisbane is located within the vicinity of a new tunnel being built by Brisbane City Coucil. Due to noise issues related to the construction of the tunnel, the hotel will be closed until July 2011. For an alternative hotel we alsooffer Formule 1 Brisbane Airport.

Hey Guys and Girls

Just letting you know that we have found some accommodation in windsor which should be nice

Brisbane International Clicky ... We are looking at the Twin Hotel Room Option on Wotif, which is $140 per night (max 2 adults)

WOTIF LINKY

If that is out of your budget, there is a Formule 1 just down the road, about 100 metres.

We are getting our booking in now in-case it goes pear shaped and the long weekend bites us in the ar$e. I would suggest interested parties get booking in early so there is no disappointment.

Once you made a booking, I suggest you post it up so Dazza can update the roll call for the out of towners

the one at the airport is still reasonably close to the CBD... 10mins tops...

failing that, instead of looking northside, perhaps you could look just southside of the CBD around Woolloongabba, annerly, etc...

just a thought...

Okay guys. My apologies for being uber lazy to put aside some time to try and construct this thing, but with that said, I have attempted to make an indent on the itinerary. It is going to have some modification over the coming week or so, but it should be enough to give you a general idea of the way things are heading. So click through to:

PAGE 1

To anyone interstate, if you haven't already sorted out your accommodation, I would highly suggest doing so in the near future because the date is getting rather close. As well, if you have been considering attending, it is not too late to put your name down. In fact, it will never be too late (unless of course it is past the time already), so don't feel shy and join in on the meet.

Edit: Also sifted through the pages and added those to the list that I had forgotten to add.

Thanks for the pink D.

And seriously guys, I have been to three of these now, and they are a LOT of fun... especially when you travel to a different city to do it... IMO it good to stay on for a few extra days if you can and see a bit more of the city. The Brisbane guys will be happy to help there.

Thanks for the pink D.

And seriously guys, I have been to three of these now, and they are a LOT of fun... especially when you travel to a different city to do it... IMO it good to stay on for a few extra days if you can and see a bit more of the city. The Brisbane guys will be happy to help there.

+1 to this - I have been looking forward to this for months :D And am also looking forward to checking out Brisbane again, I have not been up there in about 8 years.

First page plans look great, especially Saturday - afternoon show and shine is excellent too, plenty of time to get everything looking spic and span!

I have just applied for another job so am hoping that doesn't throw a spanner in the works holiday wise, fingers crossed it won't :)

BIG D!!

i propose some changes to the plan to add my 2c.

seeing we complained about sydney cruise so much id like to make this really good.

1) we bragged about nebo so much when we where down there, and we are only going to jollys now??? i propose we go the whole slog and go down the other side through the twisties like we always do,no come back the same way. beacue thats what it sounded like in your post.

2) do no recomend tambo, road is so shocking and being on the ong weekend we will get stuck behind a caravan, i prose O'rileys instead, there is a good bush/treetop walk at the top

flame suit on :ph34r: