[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ro... the plan for Nebo still includes gathering at Jolly's, but going the reverse direction up if you get what I mean (starting at what I call the 1/4 mile). Then we will return the normal way that we go up (past the bus stop and stuff).

Ro... the plan for Nebo still includes gathering at Jolly's, but going the reverse direction up if you get what I mean (starting at what I call the 1/4 mile). Then we will return the normal way that we go up (past the bus stop and stuff).

Start at Samford Valley?

I like reverse Nebo, it's much more fun

Lol yup it is more fun going up but bit more scary on the way down.

You mean 'load your pants with a fresh one' scary. I really don't enjoy descending into Samford Valley... and I even have disc brakes! :lol:

Yay Hiro!!! lol...

are you coming to the Friday night meet up?

which toyota are ya bringing?

I'll most likely be coming up with the rest of the NSW crew, almost certainly bringing the 102 though since the Snoarer has already had a QLD trip recently and I'm not sure Cara would let me borrow it for that long....pity, because it is a _much_ better cruising car.

EDIT: So all the out-of-towners staying at the International? Or slumming it at a Formule 1? $140 a night is a bit pricey for 1, unless anyone cares to split a twin room (the one with seperate beds :P)

FYI - There's a few motels at Albion that have fairly reasonable rates for longer than 1 or 2 night stays from memory. Albion is fairly close to the CBD and near the inner city bypass and clem 7 motorways so getting from north to south and vice-versa will be fairly easy... Also close to Hoppy's (there's ur free plug Uncle Bren) :P

Argh, committed to a motorkhana in sydney on the 12th without realising its the long weekend. Cruise QLD style or roast some dirty nissans on the tarmac???

Argh, committed to a motorkhana in sydney on the 12th without realising its the long weekend. Cruise QLD style or roast some dirty nissans on the tarmac???

QLD styles fo sho

Are all sydney guys travelling together and if yes which guys/gals are :P if use dont mind me tagging along with a freind .

R-Tivo, there is a very good chance this will be case. However the finer details are yet to be worked out. My educated guess is we are doing a early morning drive, so we get into brissy in the early arvo, relax, then meet up with everyone.

Are all sydney guys travelling together and if yes which guys/gals are :P if use dont mind me tagging along with a freind .

R-Tivo, there is a very good chance this will be case. However the finer details are yet to be worked out. My educated guess is we are doing a early morning drive, so we get into brissy in the early arvo, relax, then meet up with everyone.

More then perfect :) please fill me in until the date comes ill be booking accomadation this week cheers :D

Luckily driving up from sydney is way faster than driving down to Sydney, since you don't get stuck in traffic for a couple of hours like we did just to get to the hotel from the end of the motorway. :P.

Luckily driving up from sydney is way faster than driving down to Sydney, since you don't get stuck in traffic for a couple of hours like we did just to get to the hotel from the end of the motorway. :P.

Sydney is a sh!thole for traffic, that's why when I go interstate I plan around peak hours. The way Sydney has become now it's peak hour 24/7 :(

THIS.

Once again kids, get your accom and leave sorted and get up to sunny qld for the meet!

ATTN SYDNEY PEEPS!

We have a rough plan of how we are going to get to brissy.

Meet at Thronleigh Maccas (early friday morning 3 or 4 am) drive up via New England. Stops will be at Tamworth, Glen Innes & Warwick. ETA in Brissy 3 - 4PM. Chill out at our accommodation then meetup with the rest of the gang at the nominated time.

This might seem longer, but there are fewer road works via New England. The Pac highway is full of them at the moment, not to mention Coffs Harbour a 30km stretch of 60km /hr

If anyone has a suggestion or wishes to go an alternative way, please feel free to contribute ;)

A Map can be found Here

As keen as I'd be to get about it, 'fraid I'ma have to sit this one out. Planning a big cross country relocation in probably July, so really can't spare the cash, even without my car. :(

Hopefully be able to get to the 2012 annual. Perth 2012 baby! :yahoo:..... no?.... well I tried.... :whistling:

ATTN SYDNEY PEEPS!

We have a rough plan of how we are going to get to brissy.

A Map can be found Here

Putty Rd at 4am? Maybe not the wisest choice, especially if it is truck-central (which it could well be at that time of the morning, the whole trip up the Hunter is going to be spent dodging trucks. Might be better taking the freeway up to Freemans Waterhole and then cutting over Heaton Gap through Cessnock and the vineyards to join the New England at Greta. Can meet up with you guys at the Freemans Waterhole diner stop that way too :P

Putty Rd at 4am? Maybe not the wisest choice, especially if it is truck-central (which it could well be at that time of the morning, the whole trip up the Hunter is going to be spent dodging trucks. Might be better taking the freeway up to Freemans Waterhole and then cutting over Heaton Gap through Cessnock and the vineyards to join the New England at Greta. Can meet up with you guys at the Freemans Waterhole diner stop that way too :P

Ahh yes, just noticed that. the freeway will be fine all the way -putty road :)

@paradigm - Just quietly I would love to see an annual meet in TASSIE. Might be a challenge with cars / boats etc, but I think tassie has some awesome driving roads :)

Ahh yes, just noticed that. the freeway will be fine all the way -putty road :)

*Note meant to say Peats Ridge Rd, not Putty Rd, but still the same story - road is quite windy around Laguna up to Wollombi, and there were a fair chunk of roadworks when I last went through there (close to a year ago though).

If taking the freeway I would definitely advise cutting the corner over Heaton Gap instead of going all the way to the end at Beresfield/East Maitland, traffic through Maitland/Rutherford/Lochinvar is painful on a long weeked (almost as bad as Karuah/Buledelah on the Pacific at times) and the back way through Cessnock and the vineyards completely bypasses it.

@paradigm - Just quietly I would love to see an annual meet in TASSIE. Might be a challenge with cars / boats etc, but I think tassie has some awesome driving roads :)

Now that would be awesome. Logistically it would be a nightmare. And probably pretty unfeasible given there's probably all of about 5 active Tassie members. But there are some amazing driving roads down here. That's one thing I'm gonna miss after the move - having some of the country's best roads on my doorstep.