[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

weather isn't looking like it will be too crash hot this weekend. Hopefully it's just the weatherman's typical accuracy when it comes to predicting rain

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone from central sydney coast heading to the brisbane meet this weekend and wanna bring a couple of parts to bris for me haha?

Of all times for my car to be run into it had to be just before this weekend! ill be hiding in a corner in a honda "jazzalicious"

Will there be TOCAU T-shirts available? I've wanted to get one for oh so long now B)

We never got around to organising that one this year unfortunately.

Will there be TOCAU T-shirts available? I've wanted to get one for oh so long now B)

We never got around to organising that one this year unfortunately.

This is something that can probably be organised outside the annual meet boundaries anyway :)

5 1/2 days to go :)

Just a heads up to the Sydney Peeps, the Midnight Express will be leaving on the dot from thronleigh Maccas.

I'll be at the BP at the end of the freeway at 1:30 then, what channel for CBs?

or maybe at the roundabout, they have a driver reviver set up there every year, could have a quick cuppa and a bikkie? unless people want to buy something from the BP ?

Club stickers will be available for sale and are on the way to my door as I type this(hopefully).

We have also secured a new great sponsor for the show and shine who has chipped in and given us some great stuff for prizes etc.

More will be released shortly......

So I have just picked up the trophies for the Show and Shine. Such excitement that everything is getting close now.

And yes Evan... there is only one Torque Toyota in North Lakes.

So I have just picked up the trophies for the Show and Shine. Such excitement that everything is getting close now.

And yes Evan... there is only one Torque Toyota in North Lakes.

I'm not. In filling with rage.

Calipers need painting, wheel arches and engine bay needs degreasing and cleaning, cut and polish needs to be done, then sealant/glaze/wax stacking, interior needs a clean PLUS Project X needs to be completed.

Arrghhh!!!!

Calipers need painting, wheel arches and engine bay needs degreasing and cleaning, cut and polish needs to be done, then sealant/glaze/wax stacking, interior needs a clean PLUS Project X needs to be completed.

Ahhh. Tis what happens when you get really anal about your car :lol:. I respect your dedication though because I have lost mine.

After my movie tonight though, it will be up on jack stands and I will be cleaning out the engine bay and attempt the underbody.

am even going to bother to clean my car? no... well maybe ill hose it down.

TBH i dont think i will bother entering the GT4 in the show and shine.

I won't be entering the Show and Shine, but some part of me wants the car spotless. Nebo on Friday is going to mess it up. Shotgun front :lol:

I'm entering the Show n Shine not because I think my car will win anything (it won't), but because I want to support the club and if I'm driving 900km to go there I might as well enter.

Times like this I wish I'd taken today off work as well, going to be difficult to cram all the stuff in tomorrow along with getting decent sleep before midnight...

Well, forecast changed from 'rainy periods' to 'possible shower'. The percentage hasn't changed and neither has the forecast level (20-40mm).

If it rains, Mother Nature better be prepared for the wrath.

I'm thinking of entering the show n shine, also just to support the club and show off the interior a bit.

Also got a bit that needs doing, got so much happening over the next few days *bloody shift work

I hope its not too late but put me down for Friday for QLD, I'll struggle to make the rest of the week because it my birthday weekend so I'll be partying with my friends turning 21 :) first time going to a meet so it will definitely be exciting :)

Edited by tcsport45

Hey guys. To make it easier for me to give a slightly more accurate head count to the guys at Hog's Breath, I have created a poll to give me some rough figures. I ask that you please place your votes by this Friday morning so I can update them on a rough count. Thanks.

I'm thinking of entering the show n shine, also just to support the club and show off the interior a bit.

That's pretty much why I enter. But I will contribute and be on display as such, but no-one can vote for me.

I have now created a schedule for my cleaning. Aimee currently sits clean in my garage waiting for tomorrow. At that point it shall be something like this:

Thursday

8:30-9:30 : Clay

9:30-10:30 : Application of Sonax Xtreme Wax (requires immediate buffing)

10:30-11:00 : Lift front of car onto jack stands, remove wheels and clean thoroughly and apply Nano coat then wax.

11:00-12:00 : Thoroughly clean the front wheel arch area including brakes. Will apply Disc Brake Stop Squeal while I'm at it due to current issues.

12:00-13:00 : Chillax

13:00-15:30 : Remove splash guards from under engine bay and clean as much as possible that I can there.

15:30-16:30 : Refit brakes, wheels and drop car back down.

Car will then be used for various duties unfortunately.

Friday

8:30-12:00 : Lift rear onto jack stands. Clean wheels, etc just like the fronts.

12:00-13:00 : Rest

13:00-15:00 : Clean engine bay to best of abilities.

15:00-17:00 : Clean interior thoroughly.

Friday night meet will then occur then.

23:00-23:30 : Give car a gentle quick wash to remove road grime.

23:30-00:00 : Apply layer of Bowden's Own Auto Body Wax. Leave on overnight.

Saturday

06:00-06:30 : Buff off wax from the evening.

06:30-07:30 : Lift car and give a quick wipe-down to anything that may have gotten dirty.