[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it still 1pm Go-karting or has rain changed this? my lift for the day bailed so im sitting at home thinking about catching a bus to kingston park for 1pm, o how i wish i had my car this weekend!

Absolutely great drive today everyone. I had an absolute ball! Too bad about the ZRE. Other than that, it was absolutely amazing! Great to meet the interstaters, and a massive thankyou to the organizers! PHOTOS and VIDS ASAP! I'd also like to say thanks to Blake for the photos!

Such a great weekend.

Thanks to all that helped organise not only the Show and Shine (sponsors, Toyota North Lakes, the guys who did the BBQ) but also the entire weekend as a whole. Even with the mishap today (which in my opinion, was handled brilliantly) it was a total success.

Thanks to all the inter-staters who came up, it was nice to meet you all and hopefully you all have a safe trip home.

THANKYOU to Toyota and the great BBQ, the mods and members I know and the ones I just met, great weekend for sure.. Thanks for the votes too :) again thanks QLDers and interstaters for coming with us...

Ps: Michael , thank Blake for his awesome pics too :-)

Cheers for now....

Oh yeah, Nebo, I see what you all rave about. AWESOME, didn't know how agile ZRE could be, woohoo

a big thanks to everyone for coming along this weekend, especially to the guys and girls from interstate.

Sorry that the cruise did not go exactly to plan, I hope everyone had a good time though.

Great week end thnx to all that came along thnx to admin guys for putting in the hard work behind the scenes as well I think the weekend went off pretty well thnx also to the interstate guys and girls for making the trip was great to meet and chat with you all had a ball today on the cruise as well

will try and get some pics up soon and Ill let Blake know cheers for that

Hey all - I'm sufficiently stuffed after today, I had an absolute blast :D :clap: Sure the cruise wasn't perfect, but none of them ever are ;) Agree with Andrew though in that it was all handled well and we all looked out for each other. Special shout out to Steve, my gold Aurion cousin, as we seemed to be the support crew for the day :lol:

Go karting was great fun, I don't get to do it very often and I had a ball - apologies to anyone who copped an incidental bump from me but I think we all got even in the end :D Looking forward to checking out all of the photos and vids, I didn't take many so will have to see if there are any worthy of putting up.

Once again a big thank you to all the QLD'ers, it was great to see you all again and I look forward to Melbourne for next year's annual, I will make sure it is a cracker :D Starting my travels back tomorrow (taking my time again) so will be heading back down to the cold :lol: Not that it has been particularly warm up here either!

some pics from annual meet Sat Ill have Sun up later

cheers

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Some beautiful pictures there from yesterday Michael - I have pilfered the shot of me standing next to the car for my new Facebook profile picture :D Please thank Blake as well for his photography efforts, I can't wait to see what you and the others have snapped from today!

Well another National Meet has come and gone and a big thank you to all the interstate members who made the journey up here to sunny err well a lil bit sunny QLD. Wished I could have attended everything but work kinda stuffed that for this year.

A massive thank you to Daryl and Mick as they pretty much shouldered most of the hard yards of running this years event as my spare time to do so was somewhat limited. You guys did a great job and should be proud of your efforts!!

The night cruise on friday night was fun and gave the interstaters a peek at just how lucky we are in Brissy to have some great driving roads so close to town!

Thanks to Torque Toyota North Lakes for again agreeing to host the show and shine and to the show and shine sponsors Meguiars and Liqui Moly. From what I have heard the winners were pretty happy with the prizes etc!!

Thanks to Hogs Breath and Indro for not running out of ice cream for the huge desserts they made for us!! Waitress told me that it was a record to make that many in one night!! TOCAU sets another record LOL

So many other things Daryl, Mick and myself did talk about wanting to do over the course of a National Meet but we just simply couldn't find the time to make it all fit in!! For those who did the cruise today a big thanks for your co-operation and patience with me leading the cruise in the Hilux powerhouse. Hopefully it wasn't too slow for but with the road conditions like they were better to be safe than sorry!! The ZRE from down south that decided to have a nap in the spoon drain was no match for the mighty Hilux who plucked him out and back to safety in a matter of minutes without a hitch!!(pardon the pun LOL)

And then there was the go karts.... Mick going fully sik toyko drift style from one side of the track to the other to the more ample girthed among us like myself, Andrew and Jimmy to the horse jockeys and fly weights like Peter, Daniel and Danny!! We had a blast and I will be sore for a few days to come but I did fly the flag for the big men and I think myself and Peter tied for first with a win and a second each with Jesse from memory coming third.

There were prizes for the go karts so we will post them out to the winners!!

That's all from me so i'm off to bed to get some sleep before another day at work tomorrow.

cheers SB

So that wraps up the 2011 TOCAU Annual Meet. It was a pleasure to be there for all the days and this now makes it the 4th Annual Meet I have been to and the 3rd that I have made it to on all events. Once again I would like to thank everyone that had attended because it would not have been a meet without you guys and girls. I would also like to give a big thanks to mick.wheelz for taking care of the organising duties that I could not manage to cover, SILVABULLIT for his expertise in sorting things out and getting us sorted for the Show and Shine, and the rest of the QLD crew that kept my head screwed on when I was stressing out like crazy trying to get everything finalised.

From the sounds of it, everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves. It was great the weather held good for the Friday night and most of the Show and Shine, and when it did turn less than good, it wasn't overly an issue. Just a shame that it affected the roads on the Sunday cruise because I'm sure there are those of you out there that would have loved that drive just that little bit more. At least though it gives you an idea of what we have nearby to us should you ever come back to Brisbane again.

Remember guys, we invite you to attend next year's Annual Meet which will take place on the Queen's Birthday long weekend as well, so start planning to get some time off if you expect to still have a Toyota this time next year.

Also, if you have any photos or videos of the meet, please feel free to share them in the following thread:

2011 TOCAU Annual Meet Pics and Videos

Can't get 51DER's photo link to work on the home pc, only the Iphone? :blink:

Try this:

TOCA-meet-2011

Bog kudos to all that showed up to annual meet. I think an awesome time was had by one and all.

The weather looked sus at one stage, but held off for all the outdoor activities...which was nice.

Big hand up for Daz, Mick and Bren for getting stuff sorted out for the meet and the outta-towners.

Hope that every had a awesome time and a safe trip home ;)

......sent from shoe phone

Yup thanks for big D, Mick and Brendan for organizing this. Was an awesome meet with some very nice driving roads.

Go karts was awesome fun too even with all the chaos that was caused on the last stint lol.

Cheers for putting this together fellas :) was great to meet everyone and get a chance to drive the mountain roads behind some people that at least know the road :D will hopefully have some of my own work done to the car by the next annual :3

those pesky bloddy corolla's were holding me up on friday night... :(

:P hehe

thanks to everyone who organised it... for the events i could make it to, they were fantastic! :D

i was gonna come to the sunday cruise, but i couldnt put any weight on my leg... my knee is officially fuqed... :(

Thanks to The Wheels, Daz, SB, Notorious Pete, and anyone else I left out. Was a good meet except for the cold weather, the karts added an element of something new and seemed to go down well. Next years meet in Melbourne can only exceed that by filling my belly with dumplings :P

Awesome weekend, awesome people, equals an awesome meet!

+1 :D

So keen on next years meet, and as for the dumplings, i will try to tame myself when they come out of the oven :lol:

the Show n shine was really good too, considering I finally got to show off my new toy :P

Evo

Thanks to The Wheels, Daz, SB, Notorious Pete, and anyone else I left out. Was a good meet except for the cold weather, the karts added an element of something new and seemed to go down well. Next years meet in Melbourne can only exceed that by filling my belly with dumplings :P

...and we know the place just right for it No1.gif

So keen on next years meet, and as for the dumplings, i will try to tame myself when they come out of the oven :lol:

oven? :blink: it seems you are not asian enough to know where they come out from? HAHA jk Heh.gif