DD intake manifold.

Hi every one

Has any one ever tried or looked into getting the dd intake manifold for the 2zz from the states.

I believe it was originally made for the celica, i was wondering if it would fit in our very cramped and confined corolla engine bays :P.

below is the link if you guys are unsure of what intake manifold i am talking about

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292138

Cheers

Dave

Hi every one

Has any one ever tried or looked into getting the dd intake manifold for the 2zz from the states.

I believe it was originally made for the celica, i was wondering if it would fit in our very cramped and confined corolla engine bays :P.

below is the link if you guys are unsure of what intake manifold i am talking about

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292138

Cheers

Dave

OH DAMN! that is one SHINY MOFO! for the 2zz engines... i reckon u'll be good for it... but look at the pic, u might have to put a custom made cai for it as our battery is in the way :(

you could do a 100 mph pass with full exhaust, ported headers, cai and PFC + know how to drive

True that, do you know of any members who are running in the high 13s for quater in n/a form , the fastest time i could see in the 1/4 mile thread was 14.5 at 98mph or some thing along those lines.

Thanks

Dave

100mph wont get you a 13.

The 14.3 @99mph was done with most of the interior removed.

Add cams/springs/valves/oil pump/ecu etc and it may get there. Easier to throw a pfc and 50 shot into it.

True that, do you know of any members who are running in the high 13s for quater in n/a form , the fastest time i could see in the 1/4 mile thread was 14.5 at 98mph or some thing along those lines.

Not saying it is impossible because I have been surprised before, but a sub-14 second pass may be pushing it just little bit for a N/A 2zz without a fair bit done.

100mph wont get you a 13.

The 14.3 @99mph was done with most of the interior removed.

Add cams/springs/valves/oil pump/ecu etc and it may get there. Easier to throw a pfc and 50 shot into it.

hehe yea i know 100mph wont get you a sub 14 was just curious if any one has done it, just trying to get a grasp if i should put money into the 2zz or just wait for open license and buy some kinda turbo vehicle.

if i could get the stivo to a mid 5 second time to 100 then i could probably live with out a turbo car ... but i dont think mid 5 is possible with stivo n/a hehe

any way back to the orginal conversation do you guys think this is a possible mod for us stivo boys or think its a waste of time , by the looks of it the power gains are decent, ...... wouldnt be cheap though and alot of effort. after getting an exhaust i have an uber modding bug lol

Edited by 2zz corolla

Hi every one

I'd leave the intake manifold untill you have done the cheaper mods supporting, such as full exhaust, CAI, ECU, oil pump gears (for the extra rpm). Also be sure to use the cams that the intake manifold was designed for, as the runner length is related to the cam profile. Can't comment on fitment issues though.

But if you want to get into 13s cheaply, do as CHA54 said.

They look Sexyyyy~! i reacon get a power fc + intake manifold with CAI Extractors full exhaust system when you hit 1st you should be wheel spinning. unless you got good tyres :P but hell that would look sexy in your engine bay :P

Edit: Does anyone here know at all if this could fit in a sportivo if yes im getting one ~!

Ive read thru about 10 pages so far apparently they were going to make a fit for a rolla

Found a thread that can clear some peoples minds :P

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92359

Edit: Dont know if i read thru everything right, was reading posts for about a good 3 hours, They dont make one just to fit a corolla, but it is possible to install one with about a million customisation's and headaces

They look Sexyyyy~! i reacon get a power fc + intake manifold with CAI Extractors full exhaust system when you hit 1st you should be wheel spinning. unless you got good tyres :P but hell that would look sexy in your engine bay :P

Edit: Does anyone here know at all if this could fit in a sportivo if yes im getting one ~!

Ive read thru about 10 pages so far apparently they were going to make a fit for a rolla

Why wouldn't it fit?

everything works given you have the money for it :lol:

DD make a short runner version that FITS, they've fitted one to a Matrix. Prob is the short runner version is for all out N/A builds only, it doesn't really perform without huge mods, higher C/R, Stage 3 Cams n stuff.

come on fella's ...... is someone going to get some brass ones and man up and do this or what ...... i think this is about the 10th thread (ok i might be exaggerating but its definitely not the first) where this has been discussed ..... for anyone looking at modding the sportivo let it be known there is limited off the shelf straight plug and play modifications available ...... small tweaks or a bit of R&D needs to be done to make it happen with this car ..... so am still waiting to see someone sort this out in AU in the rolla ............ all i keep hearing is crickets when the question is asked who it gonna put their hand up first :blink: :blink: :blink:

come on fella's ...... is someone going to get some brass ones and man up and do this or what ...... i think this is about the 10th thread (ok i might be exaggerating but its definitely not the first) where this has been discussed ..... for anyone looking at modding the sportivo let it be known there is limited off the shelf straight plug and play modifications available ...... small tweaks or a bit of R&D needs to be done to make it happen with this car ..... so am still waiting to see someone sort this out in AU in the rolla ............ all i keep hearing is crickets when the question is asked who it gonna put their hand up first :blink: :blink: :blink:

**raises hand** I'd so do it, if someone else has already done it though, but theres been a ton of other types of modifications running thru my head other than this one..

but yeah, my car needs some body work done before I can even consider modding anything <_<

but yeah, could all possibly be talk.. I'll let my game speak for itself when I get there

Dont wana buy it and then end up having trouble getting it in and go spastic lol and give up waste of money.

never give up lol :lol:. thats why xoom said to do a bit of R & D before u go buying mods like this ;) or u can just port and polish ur intake???

Dont wana buy it and then end up having trouble getting it in and go spastic lol and give up waste of money.

never give up lol :lol:. thats why xoom said to do a bit of R & D before u go buying mods like this ;) or u can just port and polish ur intake???

I did abit of thinking about it considering im a p-plater thats why im driving a sportivo, and when i get to my full license, i doubt im going to want to drive a n/a car was looking at xoom's car, and made me want to turbo my car :P but not to sure yet, thinking financialy wise, but considering the fact, is no matter what i spend on my car im always happy so whats a few thousand bux gna hurt :P

if it doesn't cost more then $1600 for the part to arive in australia , i will do it in about 2 to 3 months, i would need help with the r&d in trying to make it fit into the chassis as i dont know how to weld and i dont have access to any proper tools. Would have to be a weekend job and i would have to have the car going by the next week...

any one keen for hacking into my stivo ;P

edit: i dont have an aftermarket computer though so probs have to get that first ;P.

Edited by 2zz corolla