Crazy Sportivo/ Corolla records

This is like the Guiness Book of World Records only for Sportivo's / Corolla's.

Post your crazy record.

My Sportivo is 2 next week and I take my bike to training and rides which means I have to take out the rear headrests and fold the back seat down.

So the current record for a Sportivo to have had it's rear headrests removed and rear seat folded is 156.

Please post your crazy record

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the actual payload in the back of my car when I moved form Adelaide to here but it had 5 mounted photographs (1 x Valentino Rossi and 4 x Ayrton Senna), my computer (desktop with a 19" CRT monitor), clothes (1 suitcase a large bag and loose stuff thrown around), shoes, bedding, sleeping bag, pillows, TV (51cm CRT), VCR, PS2, Stereo system + speakers (2 main plus 3 surround) plus my dad in the passenger seat.

The rear was weighed down so much it looked like it was lowered and when I was driving at night (about 1/2 an hour coming in to Wagga Wagga for a well earned meal and a good nights sleep) everyone flashed me to drop the high beams to which I flashed back (they got the picture)

It was also 6 weeks before I raised the seat again so dosn't quite break your 156 days though...

ummm how about best home mobile home theatre in the back of the stivo...

going for a holiday to my dads.. from Melbourne to kiewa valley..

i had

Hitachi PJ TX-100 Home theatre projector..

Logitech Z5500 speakers (dolby digital DTS etc)

2.5metre screen

Xbox

Computer as well

and more movies than you can count :P

that's hardly a record, it's purely your opinion of your home theatre system... :rolleyes:

I also forgot the flat packed computer desk in the back of my car too along with all that other crap...

well sure... its no heavy weight... perhaps i could organise six midgets to sit in the boot and weigh it down for me... Most midgets in the boot

p.s. everyone in the country flashes me too thinking my lights are on High-beam... a quick flash of the real high beam fixes that though :P

ooooooooooooo

I'd pay to see you squeeze midgets into the boot of a Sportivo :D :D :D :D :D

That sounds like awesome fun, someone has to organise it... if not midgets... anyone game to see how may people we can cram in to the car :)

EDIT: now if you actually used the home theatre in the back of your stivo... then we have a record :P :D And again, that would be something to see :D

Edited by Blue_Stivo

How about the most people you have had in the back of the sportivo. I remember in my surf club days being in the back of a 120Y hatch with 14 other people and we tried to steal a picnic table and chairs from a park to put on the roof racks.

PS the owner and drunk driver of the car is now a priest

I think that I would hold the record for the most amount of times that a Sportivo has been washed since new; Every week and on some weeks twice. Just worked it out to be 107 times up until today! Picked up my car on 6 Dec 03.

Got my car sometime in Jan 04 - I'll go for the record of least washes, which to my mind is three times by hand and say 6 times by gurney at the place down the road = 9 washes in 18 months. :)

I think I also hold the records for:

-oldest Silver Sportivo driver on the forum (33 years 9 months), kick_ass has a blue one

-only person to have a TRD oil filter fitted

-only Sportivo driver in SA to ever go on a cruise and exceed the speed limit

Probably more obscure records too but I'll have to think about them.

Edited by oz_viking

I think mtbrider might be older... just a guess.

I probably hold the record for the most amount of times headlight protectors have been removed/replaced. I would say every nearly every wash. At a rough guess about 75 times. :)

Who's got the biggest speeding ticket in a sportivo???

I got done doing 112 in a 90 zone. $250($295 by the time I paid it!!) and 4 points.

I may hold the record for the most number of VVT-i badges on a Corolla - 4.

That's one record that won't be beaten by a Sportivo at least! :P

Anyone that saw my car at the track day at Darlington knows that I should hold the record for the following....

Most crap in the back of a Sportivo.

Most number of spare wheels in the back of a Sportivo.

Most amount of food for 2 peoples lunch in the back of a Sportivo.

Fastest lapping Sportivo with a full load.

Quickest trip from Yatala to Brisbane (cause the missus was on the phone bugging)

Anyone that saw my car at the Mountain Cruise last weekend knows that I should have earnt these records:

Most passenger cargo in the front of a Sportivo

Most sedate driver (I think I tied for this one with Craig - for a while)

Best LIFT hit next to a bunch of tourists (Yeah Corey, you know what I am talking about)

Edited by Azza

Hmm... this may not be much of a record but what the hell i'll just throw it in here anyway.

Fastest swapping over of head unit (stock to stock upgrade)

15 min.

all thanks to all the tips in the forum.

and that includes presetting all the stations again and loading the 6 stacker.

This is not a Sportivo record, but a Daihatsu Mira. We squeezed 7 people into the car, to get back from school. The poor 3-cyl 660cc engine was puffing away and the suspension might have aged by 7 years during that 20 minute trip!

Edit: Oh shi*. Just saw it was a Corolla record thread... Guess I'll rename the Mira to a Corolla.... NOT! :)

Edited by aaronng

[Fastest swapping over of head unit (stock to stock upgrade)

15 min.

]

It takes me that long to work out how to change the security code. Or adjust the time on the clock. It $hits me that we have two clocks and they never stay on the same time for more than a few days.

I'll have to go with Oz_viking on this one:

only new corolla (non sportivo) to go on cruises / dyno days / hills runs / speed trials

in S.A..... and still be stock engine / exhaust / suspension wise :D

(well that I've seen anyway best turn out for new corolla's has been me, Cam and another sportivo at one cruise and that's IT)

Hehehe we had 9 in my mini for a pub trip :)

This is not a Sportivo record, but a Daihatsu Mira. We squeezed 7 people into the car, to get back from school. The poor 3-cyl 660cc engine was puffing away and the suspension might have aged by 7 years during that 20 minute trip!

Edit: Oh shi*. Just saw it was a Corolla record thread... Guess I'll rename the Mira to a Corolla.... NOT! :)