Engine Conversion ??

I'm thinking of changing my engine to something with more power another reason im doing it cause im sick of my idle problem whats an engine that suitable for my car... i need it to be able to fit in the engine bay so dont say stupid things like a 2JZ-GTE lol something thats practicle...

Wouldnt mind something with turbo though any suggestions?

I'm thinking of changing my engine to something with more power another reason im doing it cause im sick of my idle problem whats an engine that suitable for my car... i need it to be able to fit in the engine bay so dont say stupid things like a 2JZ-GTE lol something thats practicle...

Wouldnt mind something with turbo though any suggestions?

Rollamods must have beat me just as I was typing it :D

You could retro fit a 3sgte - that's what fensport did with their awd corolla.

the other engines in the toyota range aren't really worth it compared to the 1zzfe / 2zzge.

Edited by Guest

Well, I agree with the other guys on this but If you really want to get turbo or super charged why not buy the TRD kits for that? it'll cost you about 5-6k auzzie all up.

I mean, the 1zze and 2zze engines are great platforms!

THe problem with the idle is due to the thermostat according to Toyota. 3S-GTE is the one to get if conversion is to be done. Its a serious weapon once it is on board esp if its modded also.

Turbo or S/C is a better alternative to increase the power out of 1ZZ-FE. Turbo set up including matching exhaust system would probably cost $6000 inc tunings, and that's not included LSD because you will need one. Not to mention brake, tyres and clutch kit. Spare some $10k and u can do all that.

does it replace the whole ecu ? or is it only a piggy bank ecu ??

Ill get the supercharge kit for sure if i know it will definately fix my idle problem i know it has to do with bad mapping on my current ecu ... does anyone know for sure?

dont bother.. if ur sick of it sell it

engine conversion is too much..

3sgte is the way, but u need to fabricate and make ur rolla to a 4wd.. tats why i say is too much effort..

u want fast, get eg model then put jdm k20a on it.. then its fast.. but forget ps and ac lol

fensport corolla is 4wd stock thats why not alot of fabrication for it..

The coolant by-pass will not solves it. Recently I got that idle problems because I did not let it warm up as usual, it was a bloody cold morning it was. Warming up the car judging from the dissapearing of the intake hissing does the job for me.

Back to power up. TRD S/C comes with piggyback, not ecu replacement.

The coolant by-pass will not solves it. Recently I got that idle problems because I did not let it warm up as usual, it was a bloody cold morning it was. Warming up the car judging from the dissapearing of the intake hissing does the job for me.

Back to power up. TRD S/C comes with piggyback, not ecu replacement.

didn't Grimlock find the ECU mod that comes with the S/C was not compatible with the Aus ECU, hence had to buy an aftermarket ECU to solve the problem?

Dunno, well if it doesn't work, you can buy the S/C without the chip and buy e-manage instead or unichip.

Anyway, back to engine conversion. Either 3S-GTE or nothing, considering u may aswell buy sportivo if u wanted 2ZZ-GE.

super charger kit for stivos? I seem to remember an article on the forum talking about a conversion to turbo on a 2zze (the article mentioned the compression rtaio of 15 and vvtiL hence I'm assuming it was a 2zze)

but no the bolt on trd kit is for the 1zze

Why bother go thru all that crap, when u can sell your car and buy something that has more power.

Russ

Russ is right putting $15 000 + Into makng a Turbo Corolla is pretty much a waste of time, also depending on your age Insuring a turbo car if your under 25 is a bitch too do!

Just get a 20-valve 4A-GE, 170 HP "at the engine", 1/4 mile 15.1 seconds, Top Speed kph 229, with mods this engine can make 14.5 secs - 14 flat down 1/4 mile, you gotta admit pretty good for a N/A engine!

There under 2000K some places you can find them under 1000K nice and cheap installation might rise it above $5000 tho ;) , im soon getting one for my AE92 Corolla Cant wait :D

Edited by Styx

20V's are boring as hell, and would be a total pig in a heavyish car like a ZZE corolla. I've done a few 20V swaps into AE92's now and would never waste money on one again.

The 1ZZFE puts out more power at the wheels than both the AE101 and AE111 20V's.

A good swap would be a 1ZZ or 2ZZ if you can afford it into the AE92. From initial measurments it will fit, and only has 1 custom mount at the timing cover. Needs block-hugging extractors but that's easy to get.

comparative dyno graphs here: http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10946

Edited by rollamods

wow... that's a big jump... :D a DC5R if your car doesn't idle properly.....

haha~

Might get super charge kit i have to wait till toyota decide to fix my idle problem ... if they dont fix it ill sell it and buy a DC5R