Better Boot Lighting

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best products / ways to enhance the boot lighting in the Aurion. My light barely lights itself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mate I used 2 white led strips i got off ebay and wired them into the original boot light wiring, lights up the boot nicely :yahoo:

Hi mate I used 2 white led strips i got off ebay and wired them into the original boot light wiring, lights up the boot nicely :yahoo:

My recommendation as well. I used one strip though because I don't need THAT much lighting.

Overkill yes but does job nicely. I have 1 in boot and 1 as interior light.

Ah yes thankyou for bringing this topic up. My aurion hasn't even got lighting for the boot. So how would i make it work only when the boot opens ?

Ah yes thankyou for bringing this topic up. My aurion hasn't even got lighting for the boot. So how would i make it work only when the boot opens ?

Up under the parcel tray there should be the light fitting which should have a bulb in it. If you take that fitting out and tap into the wiring you should be able to set up a light for your boot that only works when the boot is open.

I thought the light only works when the boot is open not as well when closed. ????

As said above better boot lighting can be done with LED Strips... here is a preview of mine :D

At a cost of $50.00 a packet (2 strips per packet) and you can join them together (up to 6 strips) they are pretty good!

post-21214-0-65537200-1306029642_thumb.j

post-21214-0-80248800-1306029676_thumb.j

post-21214-0-89124600-1306029715_thumb.j

As said above better boot lighting can be done with LED Strips... here is a preview of mine :D

At a cost of $50.00 a packet (2 strips per packet) and you can join them together (up to 6 strips) they are pretty good!

You paid $50 for two strips? =O The exact same ones you have are only about $5 each on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/30cm-12-leds-5050-smd-LED-Strip-12V-waterproof-White-/260691825235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2719253#ht_3055wt_1045

You paid $50 for two strips? =O The exact same ones you have are only about $5 each on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_3055wt_1045

Yep i bought 4 of them... out of those 4 only 1 worked others didn't from new out the packet !

So i bought locally + keeps the profit to your home country :) - i get warranty on the parts as well as a quality product. Only downside is when i installed them it was end of summer and it was still in 40's + for temp so the double sided tape that comes with it was melting and they kept falling ! ... quick trip to bunnings soon fixed it with some super duper double sided tape... They are still holding 2 months later :D

Thanks all - I have purchased some of the strip LED's and will give them a go. I guess they don't need any resistor wired in and I can wire them up directly behind the manufacturers light? I almost went for the plug in type but were concerned about the directional nature of LED's & think (hope) I get a better spread of light using these.

Thanks all - I have purchased some of the strip LED's and will give them a go. I guess they don't need any resistor wired in and I can wire them up directly behind the manufacturers light? I almost went for the plug in type but were concerned about the directional nature of LED's & think (hope) I get a better spread of light using these.

Just splice and solder mate, do a good job and it wont come back to bite you in the ***** later lol

bahahaha ok. Basically when i bought my aurion its boot light did not work, but i thought that the aurion didn't come with one. Anyway i found it the other day and it doesnt work. It is not the globe because i put a new one in and the previous globe was fine. So is it a fuse ? I think so.... its just i dont know where abouts that fuse is for the boot light. Can anyone tell me? Thanks guys :clap:

bahahaha ok. Basically when i bought my aurion its boot light did not work, but i thought that the aurion didn't come with one. Anyway i found it the other day and it doesnt work. It is not the globe because i put a new one in and the previous globe was fine. So is it a fuse ? I think so.... its just i dont know where abouts that fuse is for the boot light. Can anyone tell me? Thanks guys :clap:

Does your tacho light work? Does your centre console lights work? Does your interior lights work? If they all work then it's not your fuse. Get a multimeter and check if there's any voltage coming out of the socket in the boot.

Does your tacho light work? Does your centre console lights work? Does your interior lights work? If they all work then it's not your fuse. Get a multimeter and check if there's any voltage coming out of the socket in the boot.

Hmmm if they are all with the same fuse then.... it is not the fuse. Because all my interior lights work. And i tested to see if there is power coming to the light but there is nothing.. What could it be :blink:

Hmmm if they are all with the same fuse then.... it is not the fuse. Because all my interior lights work. And i tested to see if there is power coming to the light but there is nothing.. What could it be :blink:

Look at the metal part of the terminals as they may not be touching the bulb. It could also be the bulb connection as you can try pulling them out a bit more so there is a better contact.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Look at the metal part of the terminals as they may not be touching the bulb. It could also be the bulb connection as you can try pulling them out a bit more so there is a better contact.

Already did that... but like i said i testedfor power and there is no power coming throught those wires.... hmmmm might drop it off at toyota to fix.

Sorry guys if this sounds dumb, but how do you access the wires?

I see hoe to open the cage to replace the globe but unsure of how to remove the assembly to access the wires above.

TIA

Spied

Thank you. If I install strip led's do I just attach to the live wire and earth the other wire? Or do I splice to both? I have some led strips but unsure which side is positive. Thanks again.

Spied.

Thank you. If I install strip led's do I just attach to the live wire and earth the other wire? Or do I splice to both? I have some led strips but unsure which side is positive. Thanks again.

Spied.

The switch is connected to the ground wire so splice both wires, otherwise the light won't turn off when you close the boot. With regards to the polarity, if the LEDs don't work one way, swap the wires around.

Edited by xpedite

• 4 months later...

Old thread but i seen something the other day and thought that is perfect for the Aurion. I went up to Newcastle with a mate to pick his new Scoby doo Liberty up and on the road trip back down to Tas he started the mods. We stopped in Sydney to get a few things done including LED light swaps. He also had some thin LED strips put in the boot to lighten things up and these would solve the darkness issue in the Aurion’s boot. They are a simple thin LED strip that simply clips to each other and have adhesive strips on the back of each strip to faster them to the ceiling of the boot. 3 seems to be the magic number in Liberty's boots and an Aurion boot is only slightly bigger than a liberty’s so i think 3 would still do the job. Then there is a "harness" that plugs into one end of the strip and then into the T10 bulb socket in the boot. Dead easy and looks great. I am trying to get hold of some pics so stay tuned!

post-14878-0-58477700-1318760316_thumb.j