REAR QUARTER WINDOW SMASHED!!! HELP PLZ

hi everyone,

my 07 aurion rear quarter window just got smashed into T.T, i think i need some help from you guys, i called toyota, they quote me for over 400 bucks, anyway cheaper way to get it fixed? any suggestion would be helpful!! THANK YOU !!! :clap:

Plastic sheet and duct tape? Probably will cost you $5 if that.

Seriously though... when it comes to something like this, you either go to Toyota or you go to an automotive glass mob or wrecker and enquire with them to see if they can accommodate your needs.

Hey Aaron, from personal experience, an auto wrecker would probably be your best bet if you don't want to spend the money for a new replacement.

Find one in the Yellow Pages (try to go for one that appears reasonably reputable). If they don't have it in stock, they'll have access to a national wrecker's parts database and can locate one and let you know which wrecker's got it.

All you gotta do then is to call the wrecker who has the window, and pick it up or get them to ship it over. You'll need to arrange for fitting yourself though.

I broke a side mirror on a old old old mitsubish|t. I got in touch with my local Jap wrecker, and he went on the national database and found that there were ONLY 3 available in Australia (at the time). I had a full side mirror assembly shipped from South Australia to WA. Cost me $70 bucks including freight, but hey it was worth it to get a monkey off my back.

$400 for a rear quarter window is steep....... VERY steep. OUCH :blink:

Cheers,

BB

Edited by Beep Beep

about a month ago my sister had her driver side window smashed on her toyota yaris. Called Toyota up they were asking way to much so decided to try a car window repair in the yellow pages, cost $220 to replace and fit and they even drove to our house to do the job. Best bet is to call some of these places in the yellow pages.

That sucks I've used national windscreens for when I've had issues but being such a rare window to break generally get screwed big time sorry to hear that can't they just break the front window instead maybe wreakers might be the way to go like everyone saying if you feel tho you can replace the window urself.

about a month ago my sister had her driver side window smashed on her toyota yaris. Called Toyota up they were asking way to much so decided to try a car window repair in the yellow pages, cost $220 to replace and fit and they even drove to our house to do the job. Best bet is to call some of these places in the yellow pages.

hey RJx, would you able to give me the contact number of where u got it done ? thanks mate.