Which one is better?

WUPA

So wait a second.... which side are you truly on 'Beep Beep'? Your two sequential posts kind of in a way are on two sides of the fence. In your first one you appear to be putting all people with modified cars into the same category whereas in your second post, you seem to be alright with mods done cleanly.

Out of curiosity, where would something like this be placed on your scale of approval?

UltraLow Lexus IS350

4361137251_c28b4b4ffe_b.jpg

So wait a second.... which side are you truly on 'Beep Beep'? Your two sequential posts kind of in a way are on two sides of the fence. In your first one you appear to be putting all people with modified cars into the same category whereas in your second post, you seem to be alright with mods done cleanly.

Out of curiosity, where would something like this be placed on your scale of approval?

UltraLow Lexus IS350

4361137251_c28b4b4ffe_b.jpg

DJKOR, to be fair, it's kinda hard to make a call based on a photo focused on only a part of the car, and not being able to see it in the context of the vehicle as a whole. However, from what I can see so far, I quite like the colors shown. It's dark, strong colors with no obvious any bright luminous colors or gaylameness throwing the vibe out of whack you know? But I gotta really see the car from various angles to say for sure though.

I do however am a bit apprehensive about the front skirt. You see how the rest of the car in the photo has very smooth, flowing lines? Maybe it's the photo (or my monitor for that matter) but the fog inserts and lower parts of the front skirt look a bit jagged and kinda detracts from the rest of the car. That and it almost looks as if the bottom of the skirt is actually resting on the ground (maybe it's just the photo).

Love the wheels, not too sure it being lowered that much though. Need to see the car as a whole. If it's lowered so much that it looks like a squashed frog rather than a low slung sleek machine then we've got a problem.

Some cars just don't look good lowered, tha's all.

Seen a few RAV4s which have been lowered AND with full front/side skirts + rear spoiler installed. Ghastly, absolutely ghastly. :huh:

I'm not COMPLETELY against mods or performance tweaks. I"m only against excessive, over the top, I-got-more-money-than-class-or-sense, installing a mod cause-ya-saw-it-on-ebay kind of modifications and add-ons to an otherwise ok looking car in standard spec.

For Aurions, I like the TRD versions because they seem to ooze that aloof, bad-***** yet restrained, classy sort of vibe.

On the opposite end of the scale, something like the Holden "F... Off" HSV W427 is a grunting, sweaty murderous warthog, that'll tear you apart with unrestrained raw G-force and power if you gave it half a chance.

DJKOR, to be fair, it's kinda hard to make a call based on a photo focused on only a part of the car, and not being able to see it in the context of the vehicle as a whole. However, from what I can see so far, I quite like the colors shown. It's dark, strong colors with no obvious any bright luminous colors or gaylameness throwing the vibe out of whack you know? But I gotta really see the car from various angles to say for sure though.

There was a link above the photo which contains some more photos of the whole car both dropped on it's bags or sitting higher.

I just put that one photo there cause I like that particular one.

On a side note, one thing in particular that your post has reinforced is just how much this all comes down to personal tastes. Whilst one may find something to be badly executed in their eyes, someone else may see differently. Apart from those that blatantly f*** up the look of their car, everyone that modifies their car is going to have those that like and those that dislike. After all, what's the point being individual if you try to satisfy someone else's preferences.

There was a link above the photo which contains some more photos of the whole car both dropped on it's bags or sitting higher.

I just put that one photo there cause I like that particular one.

On a side note, one thing in particular that your post has reinforced is just how much this all comes down to personal tastes. Whilst one may find something to be badly executed in their eyes, someone else may see differently. Apart from those that blatantly f*** up the look of their car, everyone that modifies their car is going to have those that like and those that dislike. After all, what's the point being individual if you try to satisfy someone else's preferences.

What sh*** me off the most are those that don't respect someone else's decision. Like those people that knock on your door trying to make you believe.

LOL sorry dude.... missed the link C O M P L E T E L Y!!!!!

Okay, I had a look. Color rocks, just as I thought. Wheels are good, but not exactly poppin, or stunning to say the least. Body kit wise, looks alrightish and very clean flowy lines.

Only problem (to me that is), is that it doesn't look like it's sitting right. Too low, or camber looks off. Specifically, have a look at :-

4361137251_c28b4b4ffe_c.jpg

Umm.... why have nice wheels if you're gunna hide them up the wheel well? :blink:

The dude probably has some serious wheel scrapeage issues too, no doubt....

Anyway, as usual my 2c worth.

PEACE!

Edited by Beep Beep

Hmm..now I'm afraid to show what I have in build... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

So true. Given that this is a public forum in which majority of actively participating members are modders, it would be far more encouraging and welcoming to turn down flaming a notch.

Showing displeasure can be as polite as "sorry dude, not my cup of tea"

damn, I sound like a hippie :whistling:

Edited by lasertip
  • Like 1

These clowns in these modified cars obviously don't hear the laughter they leave behind when they drive past revving their engines, thinking they're da shizzle!

Hmm..now I'm afraid to show what I have in build... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

What a load of... **** :lol: Come on man, its gotta top your old hatch right? =P

What a load of... **** :lol: Come on man, its gotta top your old hatch right? =P

This...

IMG-20110805-WA0003.jpg

Standby disruptors, I see the Enterprise bearing 250 mark 7....

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

WHAT CAR IS UNDERNEATH THAT ;O MFG.

• Like 1

All yer ferkin CAMRY drivers...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?154619-Which-car-is-better-the-Euro-or-the-Aurion/page7

Looks like we've touched a raw nerve with the Honda boys :spiteful:

Honda fanboys... good for LOL's. At the end of the day, when you ask a question like this on a vehicle specific forum, you are always going to have more people backing the forum brand. It's when you start putting sh** on the other guys just to back your own brand that things start getting stupid.

Haters gon' hate.

I particularly find this comment funny:

...if you buy an Aurion, you are buying a Camry, and we all have encountered the terrible Camry Asian driver at one point or another.

Duh... seen how many Asians buy Honda's too?

All yer ferkin CAMRY drivers...

http://www.ozhonda.c...he-Aurion/page7

Looks like we've touched a raw nerve with the Honda boys :spiteful:

Good find.

Although I agree that it is a bad comparison it seems Aurion owners like their engines and Accord Euro owners like their Luxury. The only real comparison I would make against each other is in the looks department and I think you know which one I like better.

Yes, an Aurion is a rebagded and dressed up Camry but even if the Aurion used a completely different chassis it would be called a Camry to tossers.

I think a more fair comparison would be a Camry Grande and Accord Euro. In which case I would ironically choose the Euro because I'm not the Camry type.

In my opinion the engine is 90% of a cars appeal and purpose. Aurion owners talk up their engine because that is all they have and Euro owners talk up interior quality because that is all the have. So in my books the Aurion wins hands down.

The Honda Legend is an Accord by another name as Aurion is to Camry.

I particularly find this comment funny:

...if you buy an Aurion, you are buying a Camry, and we all have encountered the terrible Camry Asian driver at one point or another.

Duh... seen how many Asians buy Honda's too?

Yeah, that one surprised me as well.

The Aurion branding seemed to work for Toyota awesomely well because a very high percentage of Aurion owners I know are not Asian.

The Euro vs Aurion debate is silly on both sides.

I think it was off to a good start there, that being the justification as to why the Euro vs. Aurion is incomparable but then (in both forums) fan-boys came along and wreck it.

Edited by Harlo

I must be quite the opposite - I actually like the styling of the Aurion and find the accord/accord euro pretty boring, infact chose the Aurion over the accords cause its...just another honda accord...phht...

Can't quite understand the talk of an Aurion being a less involving drive, I find it quite enjoyable to drive especially wrestling it through corners - you just need to know how, maybe they're better drivers than me... :clap:

Incidently, I'm a honda rice pumping fanboy myself... :toast:

IMG-20110909-WA0002.jpg

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

well i just purchased myself a accord euro 07 and my parents just got themselves a brand new accord euro as well.

i just signed up with ozhonda and saw the post laughing about it. Don't hate me because i still have the corolla and still a TOCAU fan as well lmfao :P

holdens and fords on the other hand.....phffff crap

in my opinion

Aurion is faster than the euro without a doubt. But the euro is a better quality built car example: the interior.

Lastly after driving both i have a feeling that the euro handles the corners better. Just depends if u want a a vvti v6 or a ivtec 2.4L at the end of the day.

in my opinion

Aurion is faster than the euro without a doubt. But the euro is a better quality built car example: the interior.

Lastly after driving both i have a feeling that the euro handles the corners better. Just depends if u want a a vvti v6 or a ivtec 2.4L at the end of the day.

Congrats on the purchase.

p.s. my wooden go kart had mad handling as well, one of the perks of having a slow moving vehicle.

Well it just so happens that my dad has an 08 Accord Euro...and I obviously have an Aurion ZR6.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Aurion has ALOT more balls and is a heck of a lot quicker off the line. But we all know why that is....

Secondly, I have to say, I actually prefer the interior of the Aurion over the interior of the Accord Euro. Yes the Aurion's interior may be simple, but that's exactly why I like it! I jump in to dads Euro (he has the luxury version) and I'm surrounded by knobs and buttons. It's all too confusing and just looks far too cluttered IMO. Yes the interior feels a bit more solid in the Euro, but at the end of the day, like every other car out on the market, it's full of plastic!

Plus, the torque steer is pathetic in the Euro compared to the Aurion. Toyota have done a really good job in regards to reducing the torque steer.

Hands down, I would buy an Aurion over the Euro anyday! :clap:

in my opinion

Congrats on the purchase.

p.s. my wooden go kart had mad handling as well, one of the perks of having a slow moving vehicle.

LOL @ HT