500KM out of a full to the brim tank?

Silver-Aurion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bought a V6 because of power not fuel ecc. If you are scared of using too much petrol go buy a 4cyl car.

Enjoy the V6 power :spiteful:

And thats what I love about the 2GR. I almost as good fuel economy as my dads 2.4L Nissan X-Trail with twice the power :D

I do a fair amount of driving from mackay to the mines up here and typically ill get 650~700k's per tank, it's about a 520km round trip to north goonyella (my base mine) and back to my house, when i pull into my driveway it's just over half a tank remaining...

Though my father, who has been a toyota salesman most of his life, and sold a bucket load of aurions since their beggining, he has given me many interesting facts about the car, such as;

A quoted 204kw power figure on 98 octane and a quoted power figure of 212kw on e85 with a factory fuel remap.

My distance figures are based off 98 octane fuels as theoretically if the car has a higher power figure (even if almost negligible) then at a given speed it will run at a lower RPM, though this has been difficult for me to prove as my speedo seems to be misreading...

My distance figures are based off 98 octane fuels as theoretically if the car has a higher power figure (even if almost negligible) then at a given speed it will run at a lower RPM, though this has been difficult for me to prove as my speedo seems to be misreading...

Does not compute. Assuming the torque converter is locked, the engine will run at the same RPM at a particular speed regardless of how much (or little) power the engine is making. It may get to that RPM faster, and use less fuel to keep it at that speed, but the RPM-speed relationship is fixed by the gearbox.

I do a fair amount of driving from mackay to the mines up here and typically ill get 650~700k's per tank, it's about a 520km round trip to north goonyella (my base mine) and back to my house, when i pull into my driveway it's just over half a tank remaining...

Though my father, who has been a toyota salesman most of his life, and sold a bucket load of aurions since their beggining, he has given me many interesting facts about the car, such as;

A quoted 204kw power figure on 98 octane and a quoted power figure of 212kw on e85 with a factory fuel remap.

As said, even if you're putting out twice as much power as stock, the RPM for a given speed will be exactly the same.

The factory fuel remap of 212kw though is interesting as there has not been a single case heard of where someone has been able to remap the factory fuel maps in the Aurion ECU. If you could provide more information as how this was done I think everyone would like to know.

Some of these figures a strange for the economy you are getting. Have just had my car put on LPG and I am getting 470k to a tank around town and 520 country and that is on 63 litres. SO around 11k\l Costs me about 35 bucks. On petrol I was getting around 9.5 k\l running around town and around 7.5 on a country trip.. The missus strangely enough has the fuel usage showing around 10.5 around town. And when I am driving I seem to push the car harder than she does.

LPG seems to give me more power as well which is a bonus.

Mate all i know of the factory remap is things ive heard from mechanics who work for toyota, so i assume its an in house thing, it might become more available as e85's popularity increases. Possibly contact your local dealership and tell them You're going to make the switch, if you get someone who knows what they're on about they should be able to help.

factory remap is things ive heard from mechanics

Can you provide more detail? I work for Toyota and have heard of no such thing (provided by Toyota) in existence. If it does exist, there will be a newsflash number the dealer can quote.

I did see a 6.2L/100km on the weekend, 160km after refuelling, but Sydney traffic destroyed that!

I was getting 6.8ltrs/100 @ 100 -110kph with 4 in car and a bootful of luggage this weekend.

First long highway trip, much better than I was expecting.

And the same, once we hit the Gold Coast the number climbed into the 9's.

All in all very impressed with power / economy potential :clap:

post-24668-0-00502000-1319948820_thumb.j

Thought I share my story on long weekend's drive in W.A.

Friday 28th October is Queen's Birthday Public Holiday and also the start of CHOGM in Perth.

9:45am - filled the tank with 91 RON at Gull petrol station in Burswood then hit Graham Farmer Freeway to Mitchell Freeeway north.

10am - picked up mate in Stirling. Tank is still full.

10:05am - hit Mitchell Fwy South to drive all the way to Bunbury for the day

11am thereabouts - exited Kwinana Fwy into Forrest Hwy....tank was still full at this stage despite 140+ driving at 100kmh speed limit. Forrest Hwy goes up to 110kmh so I set cruise control at the point. Also at this point, my car managed to hit 7.l litre per 100km and it stayed that way from Freeway to Highway.

20kms outside Bunbury, the fuel tank needle dipped slightly but still at 7.1 litre per 100km

12pm - arrived Bunbury. Driving around to see if there is any places open for lunch during public holiday.

1pm - Arrived at Mash Brewery near the ports of Bunbury for lunch. Needle dipped a bit more. Avoid this place if you want to have good pub food, go to the Reef pub in the town centre of Bunbury. I got burnt chicken parma!!!

2:30pm - drive around Bunbury and going to look out tower. Fuel needle has hit slightly above 1st quarter mark.

3pm - drive thru Australind then back to Old Coast Hwy which leads back to Forrest Hwy. This section was speed limited to 70kmh so it did eat into the fuel a bit. Hit the 1st quarter mark at this point of time. Fuel economy at this time I remember was about 7.8 litres per 100km

3:30pm - hit Forrest Hwy and the fuel ecconomy dropped back down to 7.4-7.5 litres per 100km

5:30pm - Dropped mate back home at stirling. Fuel needle was well over the half way mark. Fuel economy goes back up to 7.8 litres per 100km

6pm - Arrived back home. Fuel needle just slightly above the half way mark. Fuel economy shot back up to 8.0 litres per 100km

From there it stayed like that until this morning when I needed to put in petrol but only put in $30 worth of petrol as it was enough for me until next week.

I will upload the photo later tonight when I get home.