Indicator Mirror Covers

E-Gene

Hey guys,

Thought that I show you guys how the indicator mirror covers that I got fit on my car. Thanks to my mystery installer for helping me out, actually more like doing it all himself. Don't want to name him or everyone will be bugging him to install stuff for them too.

Got a vid of it in action as well, very good fit and looks pretty classy as well.

The install was fairly straight forward except for getting the wiring all the way through the mirrors to the side indicators, but obviously my installer knew what he was doing and got it all done pretty quick.

post-117-1125218888_thumb.jpgpost-117-1125218905_thumb.jpg

e-gene u ricer boy!  :P

:P Now just sing along with me to the same tune as "Ice Baby"

"Rice, Rice baby... "

:lol:

Sorry E-Gene couldn't help myself :D

Seriously though nice addition although I would remove the bulbs from normal side indicators on the fender.

:P Now just sing along with me to the same tune as "Ice Baby"

"Rice, Rice baby... "

:lol:

Sorry E-Gene couldn't help myself  :D

Seriously though nice addition although I would remove the bulbs from normal side indicators on the fender.

Haha...well, I am Asian and I do love Rice, so I guess it written in my blood. I thought of painting over the side indicators so that it matches the body. Well, now when I signal or out my hazards on the car lights up like a tree. :P

• 3 weeks later...
is this it?? did you paint your one white?

COROLLA SIDE MIRROR INDICATORS

You can't actually paint over chrome surfaces properly so I wouldn't suggest getting those unless you want them chrome.

Mine came colour coded to the colour of my choice.

gotta go the primer set if u want it painted to match your car.

chrome would look great on a silver or black car though.

btw, from that ebay sale... shipping is $18us to Australia, on top of the $38us for the covers.

dude that looks sweet. I've always wanted them for my Sportivo, since HOnda euros liberties and of course mercedes have them. Makes the car look classy.

However, the ones you got for the white carolla, are the window still power windows? or they just flash like christmas tree now?

How much did it cost you in total? how much would it cost it in total if you paid someone else to do it for you?

Any leads for me so i can get them done too? sites... locations etc.. anything?

would be great. :)

B)

dude that looks sweet.  I've always wanted them for my Sportivo, since HOnda euros liberties and of course mercedes have them. Makes the car look classy.

However, the ones you got for the white carolla, are the window still power windows? or they just flash like christmas tree now?

How much did it cost you in total? how much would it cost it in total if you paid someone else to do it for you?

Any leads for me so i can get them done too? sites... locations etc.. anything?

would be great.  :)

B)

Woah dude...slow down. Too many questions.

I don't understand what you mean by "are the window still power windows? or they just flash like christmas tree now?"

It cost me about $150 for them and installation was free cos a friend helped me out. I don't know what it will cost to get someone to install it for you. you can do it yourself. It's not too hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice set up. If anyone has had a chance to look at one standing still the Focus XR5 has a similar system of indicators in the mirrors and they have replaced the indicators in the guard (which all other models use) with small oval chrome panels marked "focus". Whilst it could look good on Corolla, on a 45k car this looks a little cheap and nasty

• 2 weeks later...