40,000km, where n how much?

hey guys...

ive just recently clockd up 40,000km and im due for a service

i called up melb toyota and told them what serviced needed to be done and they told me it will be about $600 for it...since its a major service....

Is that right? $600 for a 40,000km service?

and another question...do any of yous take your car any where else besides a toyota service dealer? and does it void your warrenty?

well any advice and info is much appreciated

Thanks Michael

you can get your car serviced elsewehere as long as they use genuine parts for the service and stamp the book. Dealer service stamps are usually better for resale value though.

Cost of the service depends on exactly what they do to your car, what does it state in your service schedule booklet for the 40K?

I'm guessing all filters, oil, box oil, flush coolant, check brake pads (which involves physically removing the pads from the calipers and measuring their thickness if following the correct procedure at Toyota according to the boys at Motorama Toyota.)

and replace spark plugs

i think a few guys here had already done theirs for around $400 from toyota which seems pretty good.

i did mine outside of toyota and saved about $100

Sounds about right,

My last cars major (60,000km) service cost around $700. This is included replacement all filters and fluids, new plugs as well as supply (not fit) of new brake pads.

If you're updating your vehicles regularly the trick is to sell them with around 35,000km (or in some cases 55,000km) on the clock in order to dodge these costs.

If your keeping the car long term, expect to fork out this sort of money.

Its a pity that alot of that cash goes towards labour.

Mine was done 2 weeks ago at Western Toyota in Sydney and it cost me $250 and I supplied by own Engine and Gear Oil. They did all the checks for me, adjusted my clutch and changed the collant and topped up all other fluids.

Also no need to change the air filter as I have a CAI (only on for 6 weeks at the time)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys....

il call around and find the best and cheapest place for its dens....

i jst wasnt expecting it to be that much...

Ring Frankston Toyota 97838400 and ask for Warren. They should look after you and they usually give you a free loan car for the day. Tell Warren that Peter Lausch told you about Frankston Toyota. They have done a great job on my car.

Regards,

Lauschie

Why are people with Sportivo's getting plugs changed at 40K. They come with Iridium plugs which you should be getting 100k or so from...

Went to lexus of Brisbane yesterday to get a quote on the 40,000km service,,, roughly $350 this includes all oils and liquids , and spark plugs are also on the description,,

azza,, im not going to complain about new sparkies.. extra goodness

i called up werribee toyota and asked about a 40,000km there and got quoted around $320

and after takin it there last friday....i ended up paying $270 all up....alil less then qouted due to having a cold air intake....no need for filter change...

i called up werribee toyota and asked about a 40,000km there and got quoted around $320

and after takin it there last friday....i ended up paying $270 all up....alil less then qouted due to having a cold air intake....no need for filter change...

Hi lucio,

Frankston Toyota can do better then Rick,they charge $164,maybe less if they have deals going.Most times hey even give you a free loan car for the day. They also have the one hour express service deal.

Regards,

Lauschie

• 2 months later...

Rang up to book for 40,000km service yesterday and got it done this morning 8.30am. "Express Service" - whereby a few mechanics work on one car, offered by Tory Toyota Albion Park Rail (didn't like them but wanted a quick service this time), car in and out in less than 2 hours (10am) while i waited, sipped on a cappucinno and reading WHEELS mags. Also watched what the mechanics did to my car on a tv screen suplied to inform customers they really do work on your cars.

Anyway, total cost was approx. $250. Broken down into $160 labour, $40 parts, $20 consumables, gst $20. I supplied my own engine oil - Castrol FormulaR 5W30, they did engine flush and brake system flush, oil filter change plus all the other standard checks.

The most noticeable difference was the brakes and more torque from the engine. I felt it instantly the brakes were very bity and the engine's response was much better from take off. My last service was at 32,000kms and the car saw some track work at 35,000kms so this is the only service since.

My front brake discs were given a "fair" review so i guess they will come shortly possibly with new shock absorbers if i'm not too broke.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

So what ever you change on the car wont be covered i know that. But i heard they they wont service the car at all if yo uput modds on.

They will still service your car, its just that they might not want to perform a warranty job on your car if you have midified parts that may have resulted in a failure. Othet than that Toyota has no right to refuse a legitimate warranty claim or job. And if one Toyota dealership refuses there is always another :P Then dob that dealership in, write to Toyota Australia.