4ABHGE's Red Lunch Box - Goners!

4ABHGE

Accidentally went for a drive a drive in the snow...

imgp7332.jpg

IN A POST NUCLEAR FUTURE ONLY TWINCAMS ARE TOUGH ENOUGH TO SURVIVE

wicked 82 dude :)

weather looks miserable, I hope your heater was working!

Thanks man! The heater was working, only problem was the car was constantly on cold start when i turned it on which wasnt fun through the twisties or in the snow! lol all fixed now though :)

Update:

Didnt end up going track, car wasnt ready because...

Driveshaft is poo and clicking a bit too much now, it will have to wait till wednesday

Clutch is poo because leaking clutch slave/piston and hence i have no clutch pedal feel and its causing some crunching

Catch can is installed, and i should probably say some good news in this thread... update with some piccies in the morning maybe?

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Recently bought some of these for a cheap price from a Honderp driver

imgp7474x.jpg

They are Toyo R888's and apparently only used for 2 track days...

imgp7478k.jpg

See? still a fair bit of tread left :)

imgp7481.jpg

I installed my catch can not too long ago...

imgp7490.jpg

*Le ugly engine bay pic*

imgp7492.jpg

So once i get this car's reliability woes sorted, im aiming for a 1:46'er at Winton in June if the weather permits :D

Edited by 4ABHGE

Action driveshafts in Dandenong sell good shafts cheap, about 90-100 each. They are pre-balanced from factory so don't have the balance beams/weights on them, I used these on my Corolla and were great for the price. Get a lightweight flywheel and you'll your target time :)

Now the other driveshaft which i just changed 2 weeks ago to the AE92 one i had laying around went to poo and is constantly clicking...

New ones will be ordered in the morning and clutch slave changed tomorrow night.

Trung: Yeah Im definitely going to get one but It will be down the line when the clutch gives signs of giving up... Flywheel isnt the easiest thing to change...

Some vanity shots, the daily wheels are back on for daily duties and the KU36's have now worn out :)

imgp7500.jpg

imgp7507.jpg

imgp7536h.jpg

Put new driveshafts in, theyre both reco'd AE92 SX items (sorry only got one pic)

imgp7534.jpg

And some better piccies of the catch can and motor...

imgp7545.jpg

imgp7546.jpg

imgp7550l.jpg

Yeah too much powwaz and too many skidz :P

In other news:

I found the cause of my knocking in the right suspension, the ball joint was loose where it connects to the control arm :| and also I may have a possible wheel bearing failure because there is all this extra road noise coming into the cabin, could be my crappy daily tyres though? :s

FFS!!

Edited by 4ABHGE

Why you no visit me in Melton??????????????? SAD FACE. Glad to see you are not quitting on the car and fixing stuff

Didnt cross my mind! sorry mate! Im generally in Melton every wednesday fixing the car n stuff :P Ill let you know next week after i fix more broken things :lol:

I am seriously contemplating buying a cheap POV spec AE102 as a daily and stancing it out for teh lulz, also saves me from rushing to fix this thing... its not quitting its procrastinating :P

Juvenile: Thats flippin awesome man!! where'd you find it? :D

Cruzer: Damn!! did you have really loud road noise just before it happened?

Cruzer: Damn!! did you have really loud road noise just before it happened?

Yeah sounded like noisy tyres also when u turned the wheels there was a grinding noise and a knocking noise most disgusting sound ive ever heard

Yeah pretty much what i have, but it hasnt got that horrible noise when i turn yet, but i think the tyres(?) are squaling when i go around a corner regardless of the speed, atleast it sounds like the tyres...

haha I thought you would appreciate that, looks great huh...

Was someones background image on Minkara somewhere, if I come across it again i'll send you the link...

I bet this will be going viral on 82OC if hasn't already ;)

Aside from the usual AE82 emo moments, today I got a quote for an exhaust today from Highpoint mufflers, had a chat to the bloke there and they seem all right and got quoted a good price. They did say that 2 inch mandrel bent is too big for a 4AGE though.. but people have told me a lot of things that were wrong, the standard piping is 1.75 inches and very restrictive up top.

I was thinking 2.25 but ill just go with a 2" system, one reso and a magnaflow muffler.. also broomstick cat ;)

Also may have found a front hub to do a quick fix on the wheel bearing and im ordering parts for the clutch master tomorrow morning.

so hitting the track soon?? i love those tripple 888 there better than the falkens were running atm -.-

Maybe in June, I need to fix a whole lot of things before I go... Yeah Ive heard 888's are one of the better semi slicks you can get, cant wait to try them out :)