Chris' SX6

ChrisE2490

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yeah I was there a week or so ago to see the new batman film wi it probably was me. Do you live around the area? I've seen a black trd around Quakers hill. Yours?

Lol yeah last Thursday! You parked on the roof? I also went to watch batman, yeah I live around the area. Nah mines red 3500s.

Haha yeah a slight over kill in lights hey :) but what do you expect from an electrician.

i think i know who to go to now if i ever get a problem or need help :whistling:

hahaha cars looking good man keep it up ! Also saw those under car lights at the last meet and they look heaps bright !!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after chasing down parts to upgrade my brakes for the last month or so i finally have my new brake system on. Only changed the rears to slotted rotors but the fronts i changed the callipers to the larger 2010 Highlander callipers (Americas Kluger). Could not for the life of me find any kluger callipers in aus for a half decent price. Got the highlander ones sent over for $150. Just changing the rotors over has made a world of difference look wise.

Teaser pic. More pics to follow later

8117652716_13a1861a60.jpg

What are the specs on the calipers? How much of a difference have you noticed so far

The calipers suit a 328mm rotor. So far I havnt noticed a huge difference but the guy at the break place said I wouldn't until the pads are properly bedded in. It is more responsive though

Don't mean to rain on your parade, the Kluger/etc brakes are an excellent value for money upgrade but they are not up to par with the TRD brakes.

Far more to braking systems than just rotor size and number of pistons

BTW - being off a non-performance luxobarge the pad choices for the Kluger brake upgrade are rare indeed, and is really the missing link towards making for an absolutely fantastic system.

If you contact Greg from GSL, he can get you some QFM pads made up to suit that will improve braking dramatically. It will probably cost around $150 or so for the pair but it's pretty much a must have

Don't mean to rain on your parade, the Kluger/etc brakes are an excellent value for money upgrade but they are not up to par with the TRD brakes.

Far more to braking systems than just rotor size and number of pistons

Yeah I don't know much about breaking systems at all. I got the kluger upgrade off advice I read on one of the threads. It worked out a lot cheaper then a trd set and I'm really happy with the results. To be honest I couldn't warrant the $1200+ it would have cost to get a TRD set. :)

Did you remove the rear splash guards? Just be careful in the rain if you did because it will be scarey when you first apply the brakes! To fix it you need to have slotted or need to slot the rotors.

Edited by STYLSH

Nice pic's Chris,

In such a short time you have made this one of the best looking cars on the forum with some of the best mods,

Rob and i last meet both wished we had your front end :)

Did you remove the rear splash guards? Just be careful in the rain if you did because it will be scarey when you first apply the brakes! To fix it you need to have slotted or need to slot the rotors.

I didn't remove the rear splash guards but I've never checked I they are there either. But the rotors are slotted so should be all good.