Flash tuning an Aurion?

TRD468

I have heard about this "flash tuning" module which is plugged into your OBD2 plug under your dash, and tunes your ecu. This module is meant to increase horsepower for when the pedal is to the metal, and better fuel economy when cruising along. I thought, can we do this to the aurion? so i searched it up and found nothing. However in America they have one for the camry V6 which is the same as the aurion, correct me if im wrong. This module plugs in for 3 minutes, tunes up your ecu and you will have better torque, power, fuel economy etc. This is it here.

http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Stage+3+Performance+Chip+OBDII+Module/14/

Has anybody done something like this to their aurion?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no DJKOR. Hiclone is good but the supercharger is better

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2954wt_1068

Nah man. Those are inefficient. If you are really keen, these are the way to go:

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_3895wt_1139

But they are a bit iffy for use on the Aurion. I hear it's because the engine can't handle such a change to the intake and the ECU doesn't compensate for it accordingly. No one is game enough to try them because of that effort involved.

:lol: haha. I think the flash tuner will actually do something....... :lol: I have seen impressive results from people plugging these modules in. And as you know the aurion is tuned down quite abit, i think this will unleash more power. Im willing to be a guinea pig for this one..... its only $200.

Hmmm this Flash tuner claims that it alters the amount of air and fuel going into the engine.... this might actually make that electric supercharger thingo work?

Edited by toyota pride

Nah man. Those are inefficient. If you are really keen, these are the way to go:

But they are a bit iffy for use on the Aurion. I hear it's because the engine can't handle such a change to the intake and the ECU doesn't compensate for it accordingly. No one is game enough to try them because of that effort involved.

Holy crap man. Hot!

For sure mate. Make sure you combine it with one of these while you are at it:

http://www.ebay.com....0#ht_649wt_1185

No, no DJKOR. Hiclone is good but the supercharger is better

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2954wt_1068

Interesting. Sounds like a winner.

I don't believe that those figures are completely realistic, but i do believe in ecu tuning, and this looks like the most cost effective way on doing it to an aurion?

Oh man, I need to get one of these for the 4runner!

They are listed as a universal fit. Shows that there must have been some planning put into these before sale.

Oh man, I need to get one of these for the 4runner!

They are listed as a universal fit. Shows that there must have been some planning put into these before sale.

Hrmmm... Should I scrap my Adaptronic plans?

I have the ECU wiring sheets but if this will save me cutting into the ECU harness it will save me a craplod of time and save me some $$$ on the ECU itself.

like i said i really want to give this ago, it may be surprisingly good or a waste of money. Like always, the only way to know is to try it out.

like i said i really want to give this ago, it may be surprisingly good or a waste of money. Like always, the only way to know is to try it out.

From a mechanic's point of view, I think you should.

$200 for a box that doesn't work, or 200 for a Air Intake guaranteed to work and make a difference.

I know what I would want...

In other words... spend some more money and get some supporting mods together with it.

This is the problem though. What ever mod you do the aurion it tunes the car down back to its factory settings, therefore no improvement on power. I already have the K&N and no difference in power. Is there any other solution to tuning up the ecu? I know that Haltech does fords and holdens. Nothing with toyotas though.. :mellow:

Edited by toyota pride

This is the problem though. What ever mod you do the aurion it tunes the car down back to its factory settings, therefore no improvement on power. I already have the K&N and no difference in power. Is there any other solution to tuning up the ecu? I know that Haltech does fords and holdens. Nothing with toyotas though.. :mellow:

You could always piggyback an ECU and see if you can squeeze more power out of it.

this is an interesting read.

me being an ebayer addict , found this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBDII-Soft-Flash-ECU-Re-Map-Performance-Chip-Audi-/190605650032?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c60fb6870

works on aurions 06-08 and camrys 96-09

only $130 bucks !

Wow. Look at the list of vehicles they can do. They must have the R&D capabilities since they had to have been able to obtain fuel maps for all those cars. Only $130 too. You should buy it.

Wow. Look at the list of vehicles they can do. They must have the R&D capabilities since they had to have been able to obtain fuel maps for all those cars. Only $130 too. You should buy it.

this guy lmaoooo . Anthony will do it !

Im willing to be a guinea pig for this one..... its only $200.

its only $130 !

Ok so this one that you linked us is actually car specific, and they have one programed for the aurion. Sweet as, i might have a look at that then and see if the is any difference. Like i said, these figures are not always that realistic, but i reckon there could be somthing in it. :whistling:

Ok so this one that you linked us is actually car specific, and they have one programed for the aurion. Sweet as, i might have a look at that then and see if the is any difference. Like i said, these figures are not always that realistic, but i reckon there could be somthing in it. :whistling:

I reckon there could be something in these units as well. Hurry up and buy it already and be a pioneer.

AURION 2006-08...so by that it won't work on you car, the listing says so, good news is you can still use the $200 one, do you want me to find a better more expensive one?