Flash tuning an Aurion?

TRD468

Will a ur strut brace fit on a Gen4 camry (see Sig Sig for details).

Will a ur strut brace fit on a Superchargrd Gen 5 (see my How to supercharge a Gen5 thread).

Bottom line is you need to spend money to find out things that aren't certain.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then, i have a old mate who works at croydon express tuning center, i might give him a call and see if he can help us out with the aurion. They do some serious sh!t to cars, absolutely rediculous, hopefully he can help us out here with this ecu.

F*ck this sh*t. Nobody bother asking me any more questions on the matter. For those that played along, thank you. For those that didn't see what was happening, go buy yourself a real piggyback and post some results.

.... Though I've heard that one before many times and am yet to see a single person here do it.

ummm have you seen my post DJ?? I advised the piggy does sweet F all!!! but of course people who think they know it all disagreed. And once again I'm off to set up

and install, then tune a Lambo using 2D ECU. These piggy backs do absolutely nothing, except withdrawal money from there accounts. If they where any good, why doesn't our race team use em??

ummm have you seen my post DJ?? I advised the piggy does sweet F all!!! but of course people who think they know it all disagreed. And once again I'm off to set up

and install, then tune a Lambo using 2D ECU. These piggy backs do absolutely nothing, except withdrawal money from there accounts. If they where any good, why doesn't our race team use em??

I did see your post. From what I gathered, you are of the opinion which supports HALTEC, MOTEC, etc... which is where I sit. However when I refer to it as piggyback, I mean so in the way that you would have to run it together with the stock ECU on these cars if you wish to maintain all the safety features/Body ECU features etc. I just can't see anyone in their right mind running one of these cars solely on a standalone and disabling every other feature of the car. I can see such a thing happening, but we are talking about road legal cars here. I can't imagine passing a safety certificate when your airbag ECU is logging a fault because it isn't communicating properly with the main ECU... amongst other things that can happen when the main ECU is taken out of the equation.

The OBDII discussion going on here.... you probably haven't picked up what's really going on yet. Which is understandable because there is more to it than what is seen here (as in the discussion of this extend outside of the forum). I thought my first reply would have showed which direction I was heading in.... but I guess no one really followed.

On a side note to this whole discussion, these eBay performance chip threads are a dime a dozen on this forum... and many other forums for that matter. This thread is a result of what you are going to get when something has been discussed so many times that if you aren't going to put the effort in to look for our answers, then we are just going to have some fun.

OBDII Soft Flash ECU Re-Map Performance DOES NOTHING!!

HALTEC and MOTEC or nothing!

Rubbish! There is an Australian company that makes one of, if not the most powerful ECU's on the market...Much better customer service and support too. However that is not the discussion...

Not sure if this was a trolling/sarcastic line, but both Haltech and MoTec _are_ Australian.....

These piggy backs don't guarantee any gains. I think if you want to inprove your engine management, you are going to have to fork out some big bucks and get the real deal done.. :mellow: I think i might back out of this one. Sorry Daryl, i think i have been brain washed.

But i will still give my mate a call at croydon, he may even give us his thoughts on these piggy backs, or whether they can tune up an aurion.

OBDII Soft Flash ECU Re-Map Performance DOES NOTHING!!

HALTEC and MOTEC or nothing!

Rubbish! There is an Australian company that makes one of, if not the most powerful ECU's on the market...Much better customer service and support too. However that is not the discussion...

Not sure if this was a trolling/sarcastic line, but both Haltech and MoTec _are_ Australian.....

I am very much aware, just poorly worded it.

I've just spent worse half of the day tried to sync 2D to the Lambo, and trying to load the last tunings that we raced, pain in the but!! Good thing about the expensive ECU's is you can tune, load and save presets, get track results, monitor, adjust just about anything! with just a USB cable and the software from the manufacture, which in most case is totally free with or without the hardware. And in most cases isn't a sun of a b*&^ to synchronise like today using someone's laptop full of viruses!!!!!!

IMO without trolling, spending $120 on a piggy back ECU, is 10% towards a Semi processional ECU and 5% towards a race ECU. I'd wait and save if it was me. Theres nothing wrong with e ECU in the Aurion, it is a pasanger car at the end of day isn't it? and petrol isn't exactly getting cheaper.

Edited by challengethemasters

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_6589wt_1402

False advertising in it's prime!

And how do you add HP and save fuel hmmm isn't that a clue?

Somebody has already bought it for kicks and giggles to crack open the enclosure and The only electrical component in the box is the resistor on the LED :clap:

http://www.alfabb.co...nce-x-chip.html

Edited by challengethemasters

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno about the Hi-clones.. For every one person who says its good... i get ten people who say they are bull****. I know one guy who was a master-tech for Subaru, who would get insanely angry if you even mentioned them. The general consensus was basically this.

How can these things make any actual difference, if after the air passes through to hiclone, it still has to pass through the throttle body and the intake manifold, which, I'm sure would destroy any cyclonic effect the the hiclone was supposed to have on the air passing through it??

Edited by MydKnight

• 3 weeks later...

i'm currently fitting a 2GR into a MR2 race car (done the swap before). for this application, we are sticking with the factory computer as it will have enough power as-is and does not justify the cost of a Motec or similar. if some has done reasonable research i'll happily buy a relatively cheap tuning product and test it on my dyno and psot up how it goes.