Flash tuning an Aurion?

TRD468

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, those wont work. I have na car with engine rebuilt n unichip n the extra power is not noticeable. The point is even unichip n real dyno tune is not making a huge different then how about those items? Like i said, its only my opinion. No ones knows for sure until someone use it n dyno. Cheers

Don't let the above comment make you reconsider "toyota pride". If you do, you will never really know the potential. I seriously reckon you should combine it with an electric supercharger. Shop outside of eBay for that one though. You should get something like this:

Twin Electric Supercharger System

Ok, look i will shop around do some more research and pick one out, then i may consider that electric supercharger thingy. :clap:

Ok, look i will shop around do some more research and pick one out, then i may consider that electric supercharger thingy. :clap:

Why not something like this then. It's within the price range of the first one you posted and is from a more established seller rather than eBay:

Stage 3 Performance Chip OBDII Module

haha Daryl mate, that was the one that i found in the first place and showed you guys lol. Do you that it is the way to go?

haha Daryl mate, that was the one that i found in the first place and showed you guys lol. Do you that it is the way to go?

Wow. I must have lost track of what was in the first post with all this discussion going on. Well considering I linked the same without being aware of what you linked to in the first post... some may say that's a sign.

proper superchargers and turbochargers are powered by vacuum, not electronics :S

And 'real' ECUs tap into wiring harnesses, OBD2 is ONLY for readings, can't tune through it.

Ebay gimmicks will always be that... GIMMICKs. Use common sense, if its too good to be true, it usually is.

Evo

Don't worry "toyota pride". Just to make you realise that you need to research yourself in addition to what others type say... I will add something:

proper superchargers and turbochargers are powered by vacuum, not electronics :S

Incorrect. Superchargers are belt driven and don't rely on vacuum. Turbochargers require positive air pressure from the exhaust gasses to be driven.... so they aren't powered by vacuum either.

And 'real' ECUs tap into wiring harnesses, OBD2 is ONLY for readings, can't tune through it.

It is true that the OBD-II standard is for obtaining readings, but it's also common for manufacturers to utilise this interface to connect to the ECU and make changes to their internal parameters. Take the Toyota Intelligent Tester II. This interfaces via the OBD-II port and can modify parameters within the ECU.

Ebay gimmicks will always be that... GIMMICKs. Use common sense, if its too good to be true, it usually is.

Those previous two linked devices weren't from eBay so you make the call.

Don't worry "toyota pride". Just to make you realise that you need to research yourself in addition to what others type say... I will add something:

Incorrect. Superchargers are belt driven and don't rely on vacuum. Turbochargers require positive air pressure from the exhaust gasses to be driven.... so they aren't powered by vacuum either.

It is true that the OBD-II standard is for obtaining readings, but it's also common for manufacturers to utilise this interface to connect to the ECU and make changes to their internal parameters. Take the Toyota Intelligent Tester II. This interfaces via the OBD-II port and can modify parameters within the ECU.

Those previous two linked devices weren't from eBay so you make the call.

Despite superchargers are belt-driven, they still require vacuum for the bypass valves built/ added to them, for when vacuum drops to 0,

that's when they are pressurizing the air by 'compressing' it, thus making boost.

(Also known as positive pressure).

Its not in the Aurion FAQ about these 'items' you are thinking of getting, but have a look at the ZZE FAQ, its clearly marked in there, or better yet search for threads about this.

I tried electric supercharger, and no it doesnt work. i forgot the math for it, but one works up to 2000 rpms, and blocks air flow after that, the higher the rpm, the higher the blockage, dont waste your money on it.

Evo

Yeah "toyota pride". Maybe Evo7 has a point.

Be like everyone else and don't do it. So many people bail out on their ideas, so it wouldn't be unusual.

They won't, it's been tried and although it has access to adjust ECU settings it wasn't specifically designed for that reason. Also your average Toyota mechanic wouldn't know anything about fuel maps etc.

These previously mentioned devices appear to be designed to adjust fuel/spark settings etc via the OBD port, which means they're a different device to the Toyota tester. Just a different device that happens to use the same communication plug to alter the ECU

People will give you their opinions until the cows come home, at the end of the day though the majority of them haven't ever had first hand experience with these devices so you'll need to try them yourself.

Heck you could discover something that would change the entire modding scene here, simply because you decided to give something a go. That's how it normally works.

Heck you could discover something that would change the entire modding scene here, simply because you decided to give something a go. That's how it normally works.

This man knows. Aurion brake Pioneer talking right here. To discover Shiite, you need to spend the money but that doesn't mean the big $$$ either.

I'd say the biggest reason why Evo7 isn't keen on this is because he's so hung up on it being called a 'supercharger' which defies what he knows (and lives) a supercharger to be. The world used to be flat, Cholera was spread by airborne miasmas and blood letting was a procedure used by a medical doctor.

hmm righto, fair enough. If i were to take the car into a dyno tuning center, do you reckon they could tune the ecu? But i think this will be over my kinda budget.

hmm righto, fair enough. If i were to take the car into a dyno tuning center, do you reckon they could tune the ecu? But i think this will be over my kinda budget.

I would say there is no need.

Even with the boost from the electric supercharger shouldn't need a tune as when I had my car supercharged (the oldschool expensive way) I didn't need any change to my ECU and it's on a 10 year old car.

From the product description, the OBD will intercept the override the factory ignition, fuel and trans shift readings and adjust it more aggressively than the factory ECU would usually do.

Edit: Look what I did. I paid $230 twice for a Ultra Racing strut brace on two different occasions to test a theory.

OBDII Soft Flash ECU Re-Map Performance DOES NOTHING!!

HALTEC and MOTEC or nothing!

Rubbish! There is an Australian company that makes one of, if not the most powerful ECU's on the market...Much better customer service and support too. However that is not the discussion...

Hi Trent,

Would that australian ECU be usable on a ZR6? I keep hearing that these ECU's are so hard to work with and there isnt much out there for them, but Im keen to try. Not looking for massive gains but 30 - 50 kw more without the need for a supercharger or turbo would be nice.

Ram intake - exhaust and a properly tuned ECU should theoretically be able to achieve that shouldn't it?

Hi Trent,

Would that australian ECU be usable on a ZR6? I keep hearing that these ECU's are so hard to work with and there isnt much out there for them, but Im keen to try.

It's a complete stand alone, none of this cheap stuff($1000+). Yes it would work.

Not looking for massive gains but 30 - 50 kw more without the need for a supercharger or turbo would be nice.

Ram intake - exhaust and a properly tuned ECU should theoretically be able to achieve that shouldn't it?

No chance in hell, you might make 10-20 maximum...Exhaust and intake will give you minimal gains even with a stand alone ECU(think about TRD makes 246ish with a supercharger). If you want to make power spend the money. If you don't want to spend money then you don't want to make power.

Nice to be able to get an idea of what to expect.

Im not into the forced induction tune, rather keep NA and just get that little extra punch. Appreciate the response. Thanks Trent

Show results and pictures non photoshoped, I've worked on GT40's, Ferari's , Labourginis for a long time now! if this was the case am I waiting my Saturday installing a 2D device to the lamborghini gallardo

E-bay piggy back ECU only gain the sellers account!

Edit: Look what I did. I paid $230 twice for a Ultra Racing strut brace on two different occasions to test a theory.

What theory did you test It on?