cheap way to increase performance?

andersonsilva

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fit a rear lip spoiler, side skirts, mesh grill, 17" alloys, aluminium pedals, funny seats, and Sportivo badging. Oh wait, you actually wanted to go faster and not just look faster...

^

Well, I would definitely buy a Ferrari and a Bugatti if the total cost was around $1000. What the hell is wrong with you?

It is clear you are going to waste your money anyway; why did you bother wasting everyone's time?

Do you expect me to spend $5000-$10000 on performance mod for $5000 car???

I was just asking for an advice from the start, cos i was told that muffler/exhaust/catalytic converter combo was the best bang for buck for ~$1000 performance mod before i made this post..

Edited by andersonsilva

You won't make any noticeable power for $1000. You aren't reading what we are saying. We aren't saying spend $4-5-6k on a supercharger kit; we are saying don't bother.

But who gives a crap? It is your car.

You won't make any noticeable power for $1000. You aren't reading what we are saying. We aren't saying spend $4-5-6k on a supercharger kit; we are saying don't bother.

But who gives a crap? It is your car.

Yer i got your point(and others) from the page 1 repsonses. Thats why i thought about maybe doing something to improve the looks or handling instead(since i have lil bit of money for car left), then people gave me crap that it won't improve any performance, etc and i responsed back n maybe bit of mix up and misunderstanding..

Anyway i think you are right, its probably best to just save the money for now since i might need new clutch soon. Once again thanks for the advices.

p.s. i still wouldn't mind getting the small white/clear side indicators and the V6 badges cos they won't be expensive.. lol

then i'll just replace the tyres to performance ones when its due..

It would be nice if i had low km MCV36R V6 manual cos then i wouldn't mind spending bit of money for performance and looks.. cos Aurion doesn't come in manual :(

Edited by andersonsilva

It would be nice if i had low km V6 manual cos then i wouldn't mind spending bit of money for performance

You can still get a gen 5 Camry MCV36R in manual it's not too late..

LOL i was thinking about that cos i saw 2003 Camry Sportivo V6 manual for ~$7500 (~142,000km) in Melb, but apparently got some hail damage. If it was a dealer ad, i'd probably call em and ask for trade in difference.

This thread is full of LOLs.

V6 badge(~$15 from Toyota i think)

Normally people take the badges off. As a matter of fact i have 2 that has just been removed. I'd sell them to you lol. I also have a short ram intake that i could sell you too. It'll make your car more powerful by your ear dyno.

Price of LSD + shipping is 1200. Price of install + seals + axles + other stuff that is neede = 1600

Price of clutch + install 1200

Better tyres will give you a faster 0-100 time than the clutch. Learning not to bury the throttle and dump the clutch helps too. In a na it is actually very easy. I was able to launch the car with the supercharger and no lsd. Mind you the lsd and very sticky tyres makes it easier.

Edited by STYLSH

Cool, thanks for the details dude, i wouldn't mind buying V6 badges from ya if you are in Melb.

I'm gonna get 17" Enkei(http://img52.imagesh...610/img061z.jpg, don't know the model no) on monday.

2 of the tyres(Federal Super Steel 595, 235/45R17) are in decent condition so i'm gonna keep em but i'll probably replace other two worn ones, would someone recoomend a good 17" tyre? (brand/model/and rough price if you are familar with it)

I checked some reviews on net but too many mixed reviews :(

e.g. http://www.productre...enza-re001.html

Edited by andersonsilva

• 2 weeks later...

Without dumping more than double what u paid for ur car into it you won't make any serious power. U are best just to leave it alone and make it look nice. U need at least a semi performance base to start from, not an ecinomical family car. Sorry but u bought the wrong car for performance. IMO even handling mods are futile in ur case. If u want a bit of cred get some nice wheels, pod filter, cat back exhaust, nice tint, lower it and clean it up and u will have urself a nice cruiser. Some nice floor mats and seat covers and a banging stereo. That will cost u about 2,000 bucks all up roughly.

If u want a bit of cred get some nice wheels, pod filter, cat back exhaust, nice tint, lower it and clean it up and u will have urself a nice cruiser. Some nice floor mats and seat covers and a banging stereo. That will cost u about 2,000 bucks all up roughly.

Not possible. It is a camry

If u want a bit of cred get some nice wheels, pod filter, cat back exhaust, nice tint, lower it and clean it up and u will have urself a nice cruiser. Some nice floor mats and seat covers and a banging stereo. That will cost u about 2,000 bucks all up roughly.

Not possible. It is a camry

^^^This is true, it will always be slow too!