Wheels, suspension, or system??

Hey Rolla Boys and Girls,

I have a dilemma!! :blink:

I've got some cash to spend on mods and don't know whether to:

1) put coil-over suspension and keep the stock 16s,

2) get rid of the 16s and upgrade to 17s or 18s with a change of springs, or

3) to spend that money on a decent sound system..

What do you guys think? The only decent set of wheels I've been impressed with are custom made in Melbourne - a TOC member is helping me with the info.

What would you do? Its a Black '05 Stivo..

Cheers

Elbowz

Edited by elbowz17

Go do the sussy then the rims!

as for coilovers or new springs... urs is an 05, so if you are a careful driver u'd prob get away with just the springs without killing ur stock dampers too much

do you want your car for crusing or flat out performance?

if you want it for crusing then go the "fully sic"" sound system. If you want flat out performance get the coilovers, then save up fro some 16x7" rims/nice tyres. If you want a combo of both get springs and a set of 17" rims.

if you want it for crusing then go the "fully sic"" sound system. If you want flat out performance get the coilovers, then save up fro some 16x7" rims/nice tyres. If you want a combo of both get springs and a set of 17" rims.

What he said :P

I went springs on standard 16's though, with a little system,.... I'm happy

What he said :P

I went springs on standard 16's though, with a little system,.... I'm happy

get srpings and rims

then when ur shocks die ull have moeny for koni's

If you are looking for all out performance, I agree with Northy... Coilovers are the way to go, even with the stock rims (it honestly would look great, and you could really slam it on it's ***** with no risk of scrubbing as the tread track on the stockies is pretty narrow) BUT then upgrade to 16x7 or 17x7 rims when you need new tyres (as package deals are cheaper).

save your money,, buy a house.. its what i should have done :P

agree with that comment, though the market 2.5 years ago was far better then the way it is today... easier to buy that is...

you guys need a slap in the head lol, ill buy a ferrari before i buy a house :P, i started looking at houses, then went to carsales.com.au and found what i could get for the same money as a house and BINGO carsales it was haha

save your money,, buy a house.. its what i should have done :P

agree with that comment, though the market 2.5 years ago was far better then the way it is today... easier to buy that is...

you guys need a slap in the head lol, ill buy a ferrari before i buy a house :P, i started looking at houses, then went to carsales.com.au and found what i could get for the same money as a house and BINGO carsales it was haha

Lay the back seat down flat, sleep there....two birds, one stone :P

I guess it really depends on just what u have plans for ur car!!! If u want full performance dun bother weighing u car down with a big custom system!!! BUT.......if u want a cruiser than BASS away........But if u want both just work the hell out of ur car so u can do both and have passengers!!!LOL :D :P :lol:

Hehehehehe... :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Thanks for all the responses peoples, but I agree with BanGn - my mind was made up yest. arvo when I saw a Red '05 Stivo with a very low spring kit setting with the stock 16" rims still attached parked at the local shopping centre, the thing looked HOT HOT HOT. So I thought "if it looks this good with King Springs, Imagine what I could do with adjustable suspension" - so Coil's it is..

The other thing I managed to do was a little research (and that really pays off).. I know what to look out for now (the different no. of adjustable positions, the option of camber adjustments, the monotube concept, etc) but I'm still in limbo about the best brand of adjustable coilovers in the market.

I've read threads about the D2 components and I've seen them in action, but people are worried about the people building the "custom" design for the rollas and the reliability issues etc.

I've looked at the Tiens and they seem to be OK for the price (plus the fact that you can attached it to a computer for automated adjusting from within the cabin at the tip of the driver's fingure) - but the last "guess-timate" i was quoted ($2500 inc electroc unit) left me in tears.

I won't be using my car for track work, but I'd love it to handle like it's on rails - I wanna scare my mates a bit more. So thanks again and I'll keep you all updated about the Suspension upgrade. The question now is who to trust and where to shop..

Cheers

Elbowz

PS: I've already got a house, but I'm still working on the Ferrari :lol: