2013 Camry Atara S - Black & White Theme

Kanmuri79

Hey Camry-Monogamy,

I finally had time to take a pic... This product above looks good. However is it as easy to take off, as putting it on?

photouxh.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update on progress... Had the car for couple of months now. Basically just cosmetic updates. Thought i'd post a couple of pics, i swear 50UNIQ my intention wasn't to look so similar hehe... just stay in NSW :-)

post-11965-0-49380300-1376363327_thumb.j

post-11965-0-95861800-1376363371_thumb.j

post-11965-0-38425100-1376363446_thumb.j

post-11965-0-21798400-1376363512_thumb.j

post-11965-0-81339400-1376363600_thumb.j

post-11965-0-61866100-1376363635_thumb.j

Did a good job modifying it Rich. I've got like a neutral feeling to the rear lip spoiler but otherwise it's a nice looking car :clap:. If I may ask how much did the roof cost to get carbon fibered?

• Like 1

If I may ask how much did the roof cost to get carbon fibered?

Good to hear ya enjoy the look. The roof isnt carbon fibre wrap its 3M Gloss Black 1080 Series installed by a 3M certified installer

listed on the 3M website... He wrapped the rear lip and bumper too. It would have been $300 just for the roof but all three cost me

$400.

Hey Camry Monogamist,

WOW!!! what a finish!!! I havent been on the forum for a very long time!! Gota admit a very nice look, I am copying your black spoiler Idea ;) and rear bumper.

• Like 1

toyota should put a high flow supercharged or turbocharged version of the 2ar-fe in it. keeping it 4 cyl because camrys are 4 cyl.

turbocharged dual vvti...hmmmmmm

same motor with a turbo on it.

i reckon they'd sell well.

Edited by bluemeany

And btw glad to have a twin in Victoria :D

Hey Camry Monogamist,

WOW!!! what a finish!!! I havent been on the forum for a very long time!! Gota admit a very nice look, I am copying your black spoiler Idea ;) and rear bumper.

Haha Twins... Glad ya diggin the almost mirror image and yeah go on and do the black rear spoiler n bumber... I'll assume you'll keep it matte. Last few days getting tempted by the suspension devil and thinkin about lowering but just worried about any negative effects it might have. Beamster on here looks great after bein dropped.

Keeping it goin - Sunday is a good day for debadging. Just going for a cleaner look and theres quite a few badges on the rear of this model. Watched a few youtube videos before proceeding. The car is only a couple of months old so i guess it helped with how unbelievably easy this process was - if only all things i wanted to do to my car were so simple.

Here's what the badging looked like at the start:

REAR_PRE_DEBADGE.jpg

First thing i did was to clean the badged area with Meguiars Quick Detailer - Then using the wifes hair dyer i applied heat on the badges for about a minute or so not too close and i wiggled the badges as i went along.

HAIR_DRYER.jpg

After the badges seemed loose enough (they actually had a little give in them even before the hair dryer) i used fishing wire to remove the badges by going back and forth in a sawing motion.

FISHING_WIRE.jpg

After removing the badges i was left with the remaing sticker / glue - which looks like this.

REMAINING_STICKER.jpg

I picked off any large parts of sticker / glue, which was very easy, various forums / videos talk about the use of razors and other various ways to clean it up. I bought an adhesive cleaner and simply wiped it up with some absorbent paper towel. If your car is new then i cant imagine anyone having any issues with the sticker / glue clean up. Here's the spray is bought, about $25 a can, there's probably alot of other options but i really like how strong it is without leaving residue. But i still cleaned the area again with the quick detailer hehe.

3_M_CLEANER.jpg

This is what the area looked like afterwards.

CLEAN_SURFACE.jpg

No more badges.

NO_BADGES.jpg

FINISHED_PRODUCT.jpg

For me personally, its a much cleaner look and like the rest of the car ive gone for a simple look which is now mirror by the rear. Don't know if i should remove the Toyota emblems and possibly plasti-dip them then re-apply them??? Hahaha.

• Like 2

Hahaha... Good work!!! I've been lookin into it myself but unsure whether i wanna get it lowered at this point just for practical reasons... but itll definitely look good. What brand coilovers you lookin at... My mate suggested K-Sports i think from the US... what prices you lookin at too?

Replaced all interiors, lic plate and reverse lights with LEDs too. Much better.

I think it was BC, its a grand for all four. Same here i replaced all led but missed the sun visors haha. I am looking at replacing the led parker lights from white to amber to get the BMW lights look, i am doing it this evening, Ill post pics when iam done.

A question, where did you get your spoiler from?

I think it was BC, its a grand for all four. Same here i replaced all led but missed the sun visors haha. I am looking at replacing the led parker lights from white to amber to get the BMW lights look, i am doing it this evening, Ill post pics when iam done.

A question, where did you get your spoiler from?

1K isnt bad... Will you fit them yaself? Then get someone to align later? BC seem to get ok reviews... When i looked around the forums alot of the ppl said that coilovers were overkill unless you were gonna track it... but options of bein able adjust height, camber etc is really good.

Parkers sounds interestin.

As for the spoiler my father in law picked it up for us - the dealer wanted around $356 or sumthin for it. I'd say go with these guys - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE-TOYOTA-ACCESSORY-CAMRY-REAR-LIP-SPOILER-ASV50-ATARA-ALTISE-PRIMERED-/270882650579?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f11dd39d3&_uhb=1

I've bought a few things of em already and they only sell OEM and $200 seems good. There's american listings but cant be 100% that they'll fit perfect.

Thanks, I just bought it. you're a legened!!

Also, the 3M guy that wrapped my spoiler said that itd need to been coated in something other than the primer for the vinyl to hold right. I dunno if that's accurate or even if you planned to wrap or just paint - but yeah just a heads up.

This gen's Camrys' are definitely lookers...

Very good looking cars you guys got here, nice and simple clean mods. Always loved the white sophisticated look with black 'trim' additions.

• Like 1

So not yet content with my black and white obsession and continuing interested in plastidip, i decided to go and try some on my emblems. I wasnt the biggest fan of the chrome look emblems anyways. Photos to show my journey hehe.

The product:

PLASTIDIP.jpg

For the front emblem because it's hollow i just improvised and stuff paper toweling into the gaps and just moulded the paper into the appropriate shape:

FRONT_STUFFING.jpg

FRONT_STUFFING_PT_2.jpg

Then i taped up the surrounding areas with A4 paper from work and some masking tape then commenced first coat which looked like this after dry:

FRONT_1_ST_COAT.jpg

Second coat looked like this just after being applied:

FRONT_2_ND_COAT.jpg

I did four coats of matte black for each emblem, allowing drying time in between, then followed that up by two coats of the glossifier. After that i removed the paper and taping (note the overspray) and this is what it looked like:

FRONT_UNTAPED.jpg

Stripping the excess dip was a little time consuming, the small gaps were difficult to clean out, i may try a different technique to cover up next time:

FRONT_STRIP.jpg

The rear emblem was much easier to deal with as it has a solid backing. Here's what the rear emblem looked like all taped up:

TAPED_REAR.jpg

TAPED_REAR_2.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of what it looked like at the end, i'm reasonably happy with the result considering it was my first go. To clean up the excess dip i used my 3M adhesive cleaner that i showed earlier in this thread and that stuff goes straight through the dip like hot knife butter steez. The whole process probably took me about 4 hours or so.

REAR_LOOK.jpg

REAR_LOOK_2.jpg

FRONT_LOOK.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...