Flex - The life of a box. ( Updated 13/01/2014 )

flexin

LOL Jim i could here that horn clear as day all the way up @ the roundabout :P Hope i'm never on the receiving end of it !........ or anything else for that matter :D

Yea mate it sounds great, def better then the stockies..! alot more

I followed you late last night on King Georges for a while, in a truck so I couldn't catch up :(

Firstly the car looks amazing and sounds great,but from say 200m away all you can see is your third brake light and number plate lights. With the rear bar it just looks like you have four reflectors shining from traffic behind you..

lol thanks for the compliment bro, i was heading to work.. what were you up to in a truck lol? as for the rear lights my mate pointed that out to lol, the strip up the top really overpowers the rest of them, its an aftermarket but with alot more and powerful leds, i might have to switch back to stock,

you see my all the time on king georges, damn my car is supposed to be camo, def not doing its job :)

Hahaha yeah easier to spot than you think :D I was working, driving back from the Gong, also I live at Sth Hurs...

Third brake light isn't too bad, it's just the tails look really dim.. Was hoping to catch up just to check your front end too with all Lukes handy work..

lol, yea you always seem to spot me mate.. the tails are always going to be that bright because of the leds luke used, to get that same pattern as rebz he had to cut the rings, if we were to use the "cree" leds ( better quality ) we wouldnt be able to achieve the same pattern, altho look has to rip out the taillights anyway because hes going to be modding the rear blinkers, ill see if he can do anything with the reds

lol, yea you always seem to spot me mate.. the tails are always going to be that bright because of the leds luke used, to get that same pattern as rebz he had to cut the rings, if we were to use the "cree" leds ( better quality ) we wouldnt be able to achieve the same pattern, altho look has to rip out the taillights anyway because hes going to be modding the rear blinkers, ill see if he can do anything with the reds

I was facing the same issue before, but figured it was my tints that were too dark and made the LEDs look dim when they were actually bright. If Luke installed the Red individual LED like he did for ZRB it would be bright as ****, but like jim said won't have the same look i guess

LoL "Look" :P

Yer it's the tint nothing you can do about it.

Hahaha yeah easier to spot than you think :D I was working, driving back from the Gong, also I live at Sth Hurs...

Third brake light isn't too bad, it's just the tails look really dim.. Was hoping to catch up just to check your front end too with all Lukes handy work..

Every time i see an aussie post truck now John i burn up beside it just to check :P

Ya'd think because we are both making a living on the roads we'd bump into each other more :)

Yeah I agree it's the tint Luke, I don't think I've seen a dim LED, plus I was a fair way behind him..

I do keep a lookout for you Luke but from Feb i'll be in a blue truck,i'll try get a pic in my thread.

im planning on going to the harrys liverpool meet next sat if anyone wants to come, going down with a couple mates.. few more mods comming up too within the next couple months..

gotta get my rear taillights mod finished off from Luke, getting the new rear shoes put on ultra deep dish, going to get the interior plastic pieces hydro dipped, and so on and so on ;)

Sup guys just some piccys of the side project me and the missus were
working on for the last couple of days when we had some free time, i
found the 2008-2010 model scion xb of my car ( which is a rc shell ), i
decided to buy it, it already came white so i didn't have to spray it
either which made it abit easier, the front grills were a touch
different but we tried to mimic the real beast as close as possible ;),
its pretty much down now except for the white eyelids i am going to make
out of white vinyl, i also made a cardboard platform underneath, i
attached abit of velcro so i can stick it on my sub box for show, heres
some pics.

starttoy_zpsf93ecafe.jpg
ruktoy1_zps596e1491.jpg
ruktoy5_zps1991d2a8.jpg
ruktoy3_zpsf7ef1c1a.jpg
ruktoy4_zpse7ae77e6.jpg
ruktoy2_zpsea0b7964.jpg

• Like 4

That is F$&KIN COOL bro lol.

Lol, yeah i love it.. its the mini me rukus

Thats pretty frickin close to the real thing.

Yeh bro considering we were working off a different scale and i only had the 2 types of vinyl to work with, black and grey, there is another shade of grey used on the real rukus but i couldn't get my hands on it so we had to make do,i saw it on ebay and said farkkk lets do it lol!

• Like 1

LOL Jim! thats funny **** mate :D needs some custom lighting.

I used to do custom paint jobs for these for the guys at the track. Had a lotta fun racing these 1/10 scale cars.... won a few local championships too!

What ! don't stick it on cardboard mate, go out and buy a cheapie electric 1/10 scale chassis and controller , You will have a ton of fun buzzing around with it at shows and meets.

Thats pretty frickin close to the real thing.

That is scary close... Too cool :toast:

Yea lols, it was abit of tedious work but pretty cool

LOL Jim! thats funny **** mate :D needs some custom lighting.

I used to do custom paint jobs for these for the guys at the track. Had a lotta fun racing these 1/10 scale cars.... won a few local championships too!

What ! don't stick it on cardboard mate, go out and buy a cheapie electric 1/10 scale chassis and controller , You will have a ton of fun buzzing around with it at shows and meets.

Lol Luke, you have dipped your hands in everything, doesn't surprise me that you did custom spray jobs for these rc shells, you done it all haha, the main reason i did this was to mount it inside the car for show, i wouldn't buy a chassis for it, ill probly end up hitting the gutter and smashing the whole shell LOL

another minor update, another entry to my shift knob collection.. got
this from sickspeed, the spikes came sesperate packed in chrome dipped, i
gave it a couple hits with white plastidip followed by orange blaze to
give it that true orange colour i wanted, also this thing is a weapon
lol, really solid in your hand.. very happy with this product, some
piccys here.

kb1_zps90fba766.jpg
kb3_zpsb40f2dab.jpg
kb2_zps446c9a4e.jpg
kb4_zps2f5767ed.jpg
kb5_zpsf92b9711.jpg

also the last 2 pics don't do it justice the spikes look wierd in color, must of been the sun

• Like 1

knuckle dusters! a fav choice of defence. These usually ended a fight in one hit.

mine never had spikes on them tho :D

looks sic mate awsome touch.

Cheers Luke, they look sex.. i have also ordered some spiked lug nuts that ill chuck on when i put on the new rear shoes ;).. btw the new light mods look awesome mate..!, let me know when we are good to go with mine so i can organize the rear taillights for you and bring them over on a friday night or something

Mini update - Almost finished the engine bay cosmetics, just ordered a few trd decals that i had to replace..
so ill get some proper pics once i get it all done

on another note, took a few pics of the beast and mini beast LOL

lol2_zps742fe621.jpg

lol1_zpsb221736e.jpg

Ill take some proper ones when i get a chance, couldn't bend down enough smashed the quads too hard doing squats last week lol

Edited by flexin

so some pics of the engine bay at the moment, still needs a clean but i did some vinyl wrapping, obviously going for the arctic camo inspired look, so as you can see i decided to do the coolant tank, trd strut bar, custom engine cover, fuse box & the front end of the k&n filter... also got the heatshield sprayed in a sexy matte black finish, came out very nice, i just wanted it as a background piece, all in all came out pretty good and i am happy with how the bay looks at the moment, i also want to add some sort of lighting inside the engine bay to show it off at night.. but i still need to work out what i am going to use.

Oh i also had to order another trd decal like the one i had on the strut
bar, as i had to remove it for the vinyl and it ended up damaged.

also waiting on some camo fabric i ordered to do the heatproof panel thing thats just under the hood ( whatever its called ), also ill be using the fabric for the inside of the boot, the large plastic panel & the plastic panel that holds the top brake light in.

IMG_2848_zps7daa37a1.jpg
IMG_2858_zps893e8320.jpg
IMG_2847_zpse98bddcb.jpg

cheers - Jimbo

Edited by flexin
  • Like 2