05 Sportivo Power Enhancers

44gze

Hi peoples I have air intake and I am getting exhaust fitted from CES soon. I am interested in icreasing my power more, however a $2,500 cost for ecu (wether it be Power FC, motec, emanage etc) to get a 5-10% increase seems a little below par to me.

Has anyone fitted aftermarket camshafts????? if so benefits..........

What about the fabled TRD supercharger kit??????

or lastly nitrous??????

Obviously all of these would be in conjuction with aftermarket ECU but really i want like 150kw @ the wheels reliably

Anyones ideas or results Id love to here

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want 150kw @ front wheels imo you got the wrong car mate. I think its wiser to stick with mild engine mods and spend more on suspension, drivetrain upgrade (clutch/flywheel/lsd), better wheels/tyres etc to have more fun with the car at the track or something. :)

You could always get a custom blower with FMIC. Turbo charging anything will give quick easy gains. Reliability would of course be an issue depending on how much aggressive your mods are.

Not sure how it would be on our engines, but I know persons have successfully turbocharged the 1500 variant of our car.

post-1543-1133979556_thumb.jpg

Id go turbo but that thing.... + toyota..... = wont last long. Uv gotta do alot to get it that far. ;) save about $8,000 - $10,000 and drop a celica gt4 engine in. :lol: (excess charges may apply read the terms and conditions)

You could always get a custom blower with FMIC. Turbo charging anything will give quick easy gains. Reliability would of course be an issue depending on how much aggressive your mods are.

Not sure how it would be on our engines, but I know persons have successfully turbocharged the 1500 variant of our car.

post-1543-1133979556_thumb.jpg

with a stock compression ratio of over 11:1 the 2zz-ge is not really the ideal engine to turbo/SC.

yeah i think u got the wrong car, these cars such as civic and corolla is very hard to get lot of power out of it unless u have loads of money to spend, because from factory toyota(and yamaha) already done a pretty good job at making the most out of the 1.8(141kw) so if u want a 150@wkw u need heaps of money, not saying u cant achieve it, but i think to start your tuning maybe better of swap a turbo or more aftermarket supported motor first

Quite a few people in the USA have got up around 180-190hp at the wheels with just a few bolt-on mods, plus a PowerFC. (150kw = 200hp, btw).

To go further, you'd have to start opening up the engine. Getting a stroker kit (1.93 litres to 1.98 litres, depending on the package) will get you there, and you have a few options. Either raise the compression and go for a hard-tuned NA (build it to rev), or lower the compression and go for a turbo.

I think Trial's (a Japanese tuning company) stroked, supercharged 2ZZ-GE Celica makes 283hp at the wheels and puts up blistering times around the track.

For me, drive train mods, suspension work, lightweight rims and tyres, lightening the car and oil-supply mods would be my priority. Make the most of the 140kw you've got =)

NOS is a very easy way to go to get power but when it comes to the leagallity especially in N.S.W u cant really afford to have any lines run and then u have to worry about PopPiNg the motor!!!!! But hey it would'nt it be great to see a stivo on NOS!!!! :lol::lol: :D

The only place that does cams for the 2zz is Ragnorak Racing in the states and they are still under development and aren't yet for sale and with a price tag of a bout $1500 net alone the price of installation there goes your $2500 or close to it with dyno tuning.

150fwkw or more can be quite easily used in a FWD, I've got a couple of mates, one has 160 the other 170 and they dont have any issues. Just have to learn to modulate the throttle to control wheelspin. Requires a bit more skill than a low powered car where you can floor it anytime.

150fwkw or more can be quite easily used in a FWD, I've got a couple of mates, one has 160 the other 170 and they dont have any issues.  Just have to learn to modulate the throttle to control wheelspin.  Requires a bit more skill than a low powered car where you can floor it anytime.

True but for an AWD or RWD car with the same power, the driver can floor the trottle earlier and get less wheelspin hence quicker in a straight line or around bends than the FWD equivalent. And we all know how the Stivo drives and a few of us has taken it to the track and know its limits. Even with our current power output steering through tight 2nd gear corners the car rolls too much and lifts the inside front wheel and its too easy to light it up. With better wheels/tyres and stiffer suspension this reduces but it still does it. With an LSD i suspect it will be significantly better though.

Just my 0.02cents :)

The only place that does cams for the 2zz is Ragnorak Racing in the states and they are still under development and aren't yet for sale and with a price tag of a bout $1500 net alone the price of installation there goes your $2500 or close to it with dyno tuning.

Thats US dollars for the cams ..... so ur looking at a cost of over $3K AUS

All of you guys seem to quick to point out it cant be done.........

After all the 2ZZGE is still a piston engine and its still the same to make power SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW thats the process.

Did some investigating and TRD & TODA make some cams for the car however unlisted on their sites. I don't want a pig to drive but 30hp more would be very usable, hence the cars suffer too much thermal issues with a turbo conversion as the "PETIR" celica had suffered.

A supercharger would certainly fill the torque hole but i think at the expense of a custom intake manifold and bracketing etc.......

A Motec ECU seems to be the way to go for the variable cam control and the Motec M400 being fitted and tuned for $3200 i reckon thats ok but im still looking before i spend any money

If you want supercharger, you can always get Blitz S/C kit, comes with every single bits and pieces you need. A further wild s/c kit, still out of Blitz parts, but now with 2 litre capacity made available by Brashboy. Check out the video on celica section for the crazy sound of the Blitz S/C.

Oh, Brashboy also have turbo kit for 2zz-ge. Using Apexi turbo and their own 4-2-1 header. Trial too have their own tuned Blitz S/C kit and made a header specifically for the S/C.

Monkey Wrench Racing have some N/A tunings for 2zz-ge, not sure what they use but they too have a 2 litre capacity kit for it.

As for cams from TRD and TODA, you're the first to mentioned that. You bet those two companies will produce some wild power out of 2zz-ge. TRD have Piston kit but not sure about the Octane here to run a 13:1 compression.

If you're keen, why not contact Meridian Motorsport in Melbourne, they seems to be the expert when it comes to 2zz-ge, since they made a clubman car using this engine.

After all the 2ZZGE is still a piston engine and its still the same to make power SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW thats the process.

Did some investigating and TRD & TODA make some cams for the car however unlisted on their sites. I don't want a pig to drive but 30hp more would be very usable, hence the cars suffer too much thermal issues with a turbo conversion as the "PETIR" celica had suffered.

A supercharger would certainly fill the torque hole but i think at the expense of a custom intake manifold and bracketing etc.......

A Motec ECU seems to be the way to go for the variable cam control and the Motec M400 being fitted and tuned for $3200 i reckon thats ok but im still looking before i spend any money

is there any particular reason that you would choose the M400 over somthing like a Power FC?

Well I guess my experience has led me to understand that the Motec ECU has a much higher tuning resolution then most other ECU's (every 50rpm increments I believe compared to normal 250 or 500 rpm increments) also it has full adjustment of the vvtli and auxilary outputs

Of course IT CAN BE DONE if u r looking into forced induction, Nitrous or even heavy NA tuning. But my point is i would rather drive the car as it is with some mild tuning rather than spend big bucks on the car to get more power and in the process have to spend another sh!t load of money on suspension, LSD, etc etc to make the car utilise the power effectively/reliably. On the same note, the amt of money you spent could have gotten you a brand new STI or EVO or that outruns the 150fwkw Stivo. FWD has its limits and it usually is well before RWD/AWD cars since the same front wheels has to steer and generate power. Or put that money somewhere else, like in the bank so one day you can buy a Gallardo or F430 (saw an orange Gallardo today near where i live :huh: and the sound was out of this world!) :P

Like i said this is just my opinion on the Stivo and how i would like it to be. Its your money and your car so you can do whatever you like with it. :)

Zee