1/4 time for Sportivo??

Hi guys,

is it true that the corolla sportivo 1/4mile time is around 16sec??? :unsure:

anyone here has done it to their stivo?

There was a drag day just the other day..

BanGn was running high 14's!..

plenty of people running 15's as well

The ones runing mid 15s is that with a perfect 1-2 change landing LIFT or did yous fall outside LIFT for a split second. I am trying to see how much difference it would make down the 1/4mile if you landed LIFT 1-2 and if you missed LIFT 1-2. I am guessing it would be less than 0.5 of a second.

The ones runing mid 15s is that with a perfect 1-2 change landing LIFT or did yous fall outside LIFT for a split second. I am trying to see how much difference it would make down the 1/4mile if you landed LIFT 1-2 and if you missed LIFT 1-2. I am guessing it would be less than 0.5 of a second.

I dont drive a stivo... but basically the same thing. At the drags wen i missed lift in 2nd it was about a .4 sec difference on my time so wat ur assuming Zee is pretty much correct from my experience. IMO i think you would have to land lift in 2nd to get mid 15's unless u had a killer launch or a very fast stivo..........

yea i find it very hard to land lift 1st to second

well i don't think i ever have landed it :(

Ya gotta belt it to the limiter then smash it into 2nd with a bit of trottle still on while the clutch is down, works 80% of the time for me. :D

half the ppl cant land in lift coz of the fkt up clutches toyota provide lol :lol:

I landed LIFT more (8/10 times) with big loud chirpies when my clutch was giving me sticky gear problems! I just bang it off the rev-limiter and the cluthc frees up and i could always shift sooper fast. But if i don't hit rev-limiter no chance in hell. Right now i am always shifting a tad slower to preserve the gearbox's life and i always miss LIFT 1-2 by a heartbeat, even when i hit rev-limiter.

If you flat shift, you will hit lift lift between all changes. My mate bought a runout stivo on the weekend and the dealer reckons that flat shifting wont harm the stivo, I think otherwise though it worth a try if you want to a drag.

The dealer probably give warranty for that. Flat shift is very dangerous, once you missed shift during flat shift, bye2 syncro. Kabooom.

I know, thats why we flat shifted the demo car, didnt seem to damage it though.

DEMO = THRASH CAR

I think in motor magazine they have stivo 16 sec 1/4's. Obviously they didnt know how to get max power out of a stivo. Took me about 5 months to figure out that the car can lift between gears, and that the car needs to be reved at launch to keep it near peak torque.

If you flat shift, you will hit lift lift between all changes. My mate bought a runout stivo on the weekend and the dealer reckons that flat shifting wont harm the stivo, I think otherwise though it worth a try if you want to a drag.

U dont need to flat shift to keep it in lift, never tried and never needed to. Like Danz say's, i reckon its dangerous 2. However if it works for u then thats fine, dont think it'd hurt ur stivo but im sure it'd hurt ur clutch.

Also from my own experience u dont need to "bounce" or "hit" the limiter to be able to land lift in 2nd, just makes it easier the higher rpm u go but i "heard" (just heard & i dont have proof) that hitting the limiter all the time is bad? Can anyone justify that coz im not 100% sure.

steve_g At the end of the day i think its all about ur timing (i usually change @ 8000), and how u release ur clutch. Dont worry u'll eventually get used to it and find ur own technique, im sure everyone has their own

i was just reading other pplz responses thinking.. "i dont do it that way?" so i though i'd just share.. just my 2 cents worth

U dont need to flat shift to keep it in lift, never tried and never needed to. Like Danz say's, i reckon its dangerous 2. However if it works for u then thats fine, dont think it'd hurt ur stivo but im sure it'd hurt ur clutch.

Also from my own experience u dont need to "bounce" or "hit" the limiter to be able to land lift in 2nd, just makes it easier the higher rpm u go but i "heard" (just heard & i dont have proof) that hitting the limiter all the time is bad? Can anyone justify that coz im not 100% sure.

steve_g At the end of the day i think its all about ur timing (i usually change @ 8000), and how u release ur clutch. Dont worry u'll eventually get used to it and find ur own technique, im sure everyone has their own

i was just reading other pplz responses thinking.. "i dont do it that way?" so i though i'd just share.. just my 2 cents worth

Hi Guys

I haven't posted here for a while. I'm glad to see new "faces" on this forum. alot of things have changed just by looking at who owns what....etc

anyways. to answer ur q's about hitting the limiter. yes...in a way it is bad. to limit the revs in the s'tivo, the ECU retards timing and leans out the mixture. I've never heard of a car dying because it sat on the limiter too long but leaning out the mixture at high revs isn't good for any engine

no need to hit limiter guys to land 1-2

practice makes perfect.

If your clutch has ben replaced with aftermarket, then you shoulnt have any isues AT ALL!

if yor running stock gear then make sure you have had the clutch adjusment done by toyota or another mechanic.

If you havent done either .......then DUH! no wonder your having issues

no need to hit limiter guys to land 1-2

practice makes perfect.

If your clutch has ben replaced with aftermarket, then you shoulnt have any isues AT ALL!

if yor running stock gear then make sure you have had the clutch adjusment done by toyota or another mechanic.

If you havent done either .......then DUH! no wonder your having issues

I guess i just haven't practiced enough :P :P :P hitting limiter only worked for me when i had the stock clutch. too many cops around my quiet area for me to keep revving the Stivo without getting caught or i might get dobbed in :( i gotta find my own piece of private freeway soon, i miss my 1-2 LIFT..

Edited by ZEEROLLA