A challenge has been issued ...

should have a hundred or so pics, and some in car camera vids up tomorrow.

If someone could collate the toyota time sheets...i'll work out the prizes and have the certificates done up and emailed.

Preliminary standings show Twilightprotege with fastest ET (14.7 something), best reaction time (0.405), best 60 feet (2.006 or something..will find out exactly), and best burnout (he was the only guy i know of doing them....)

That still leaves highest top speed, and whatever else to work out which team won...

but honestly..who cares :) had a blast..awesome day out, good to see a few of you guys showing up! good to see the jet car, good to see the top fuel dragster s*** itself on its last run tonight..

all round awesome day.. thanks guys!

Oh congrats to yaris_girl_aus - judged best turned out toyota on the day by the mazda team :)

that 14.7 run was a red lighter :P even have it on tape :P so i think his best was actually a 14.8#-14.9

he should have been able to go quicker considering he was running drag tyres, took off his front and rear wipers, rear spoiler, boot trim, seats, center console, steering colum trim, spare, jack, and pretty much everything else that i was not welded to the car as we as the belt off the A/C and the alternator....

.. even so 14.8 was faster than anyone i know of on the day... Alternator belt was still on.. But A/C and P/S belts were off.. He races the car in that trim all the time.. and since he's competeting in the minijam its pointless for him to run the car any other way... consistancy is key..

Dunno what your guys prob is with the tires...they are completely street legal... just more or less there to save his street tires from getting chewed to hell (like mine are following his burnout in my car...grr).. According to him, his best launches were on street tires way back when... He's pretty serious about it all though.. when there is prize money on the line i guess you've gotta be... if he had of put it down in street trim it might well have stuffed him up for the minijam, with the car responding differently to how he thought it would etc...

But all that aside, was an awesome time... we'll have to do it again sometime..on a quieter night (that is, not on a night before a major drag meet..)

I enjoyed beating a V8 down (yeh yeh, he over powered the wheels and did a 21sec pass where he shoulda done an 11 second pass..but a wins a win!!!!)

The Jet cars were awesome...especially at the end of hte night where one of them nearly exploded..heheh... fuel leaks = not good in a jet car..

There was also a top fuel dragster that had some grief at the end of the night... was pretty well stuffed as it staged..so the guy flogged it down the track and by the end i think he was running on around half his cyls, with all sorts of crap flying out the header..

Anyway, was great meeting up with you guys ... hopefully next time more drivers will put their cars down the track (i think you guys had about 4 running, we had about 6.... we had about 15 ppl saying they were gunna race, guess people chicken out when it actually comes to sacking up and doing it..)

Cya all at the next race =)

all we wanted was a level playing field, that really wasn't the case but anyways i cant wait till the track day cause he can even take out the kitchen sink and it wont make SFA diff :P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

should have a hundred or so pics, and some in car camera vids up tomorrow.

If someone could collate the toyota time sheets...i'll work out the prizes and have the certificates done up and emailed.

Preliminary standings show Twilightprotege with fastest ET (14.7 something), best reaction time (0.405), best 60 feet (2.006 or something..will find out exactly), and best burnout (he was the only guy i know of doing them....)

That still leaves highest top speed, and whatever else to work out which team won...

but honestly..who cares :) had a blast..awesome day out, good to see a few of you guys showing up! good to see the jet car, good to see the top fuel dragster s*** itself on its last run tonight..

all round awesome day.. thanks guys!

Oh congrats to yaris_girl_aus - judged best turned out toyota on the day by the mazda team :)

that 14.7 run was a red lighter :P even have it on tape :P so i think his best was actually a 14.8#-14.9

he should have been able to go quicker considering he was running drag tyres, took off his front and rear wipers, rear spoiler, boot trim, seats, center console, steering colum trim, spare, jack, and pretty much everything else that i was not welded to the car as we as the belt off the A/C and the alternator....

.. even so 14.8 was faster than anyone i know of on the day... Alternator belt was still on.. But A/C and P/S belts were off.. He races the car in that trim all the time.. and since he's competeting in the minijam its pointless for him to run the car any other way... consistancy is key..

Dunno what your guys prob is with the tires...they are completely street legal... just more or less there to save his street tires from getting chewed to hell (like mine are following his burnout in my car...grr).. According to him, his best launches were on street tires way back when... He's pretty serious about it all though.. when there is prize money on the line i guess you've gotta be... if he had of put it down in street trim it might well have stuffed him up for the minijam, with the car responding differently to how he thought it would etc...

But all that aside, was an awesome time... we'll have to do it again sometime..on a quieter night (that is, not on a night before a major drag meet..)... Silvabullit put down some impressive times... i was eating his dust in one run :P

I enjoyed beating a V8 down (yeh yeh, he over powered the wheels and did a 21sec pass where he shoulda done an 11 second pass..but a wins a win!!!!)

The Jet cars were awesome...especially at the end of hte night where one of them nearly exploded..heheh... fuel leaks = not good in a jet car..

There was also a top fuel dragster that had some grief at the end of the night... was pretty well stuffed as it staged..so the guy flogged it down the track and by the end i think he was running on around half his cyls, with all sorts of crap flying out the header..

Anyway, was great meeting up with you guys ... hopefully next time more drivers will put their cars down the track (i think you guys had about 4 running, we had about 6.... we had about 15 ppl saying they were gunna race, guess people chicken out when it actually comes to sacking up and doing it..)

Cya all at the next race =)

all we wanted was a level playing field, that really wasn't the case but anyways i cant wait till the track day cause he can even take out the kitchen sink and it wont make SFA diff :P

True..CRX might be done by then though :P 200kW 700kg inc driver :P.. Its hard to have a level playing field i guess... with 2 cars that are essentially chalk and cheese (i know we all theorised they would be well matched with engine capacity etc...but powerbands are completely different, launches from the stivos were held back i believe, by the fact they were not on the lift cam until they passed the 60 feet line...i could be wrong, i only saw a couple take off...

I posted some really consistant times, which i'm happy about.. right on the money all the time with what mazda says it should do... cant wait till its worked a bit...

But yeh, hard to have a level playing field when you've got guys of all different abilities, and different cars, different setups... I mean straight away andy is in a different class to you guys, as his car has loads and loads of internal work done... (head work, bigger cams, light weight fly wheel, UDP, engine management, engine mounts, blah blah blah..you've seen the list..its pretty damned long...). Would love to see what your stivo does with the new motor and some borderline serious internal work... reckon you could be good for 150kW NA..which will be a complete beast...

I think all in all, cross forum relationships are the big winner here.. We all started off with very little respect for each other, and left on good terms... So thats great. Hopefully we can keep it up and have some good times going forward... Shame it was so damned busy... the shoot out woulda been interesting!

As for track day.. will have to be at warwick.. you can only run half hte course at QLD raceway apparently unless you have a full rollcage..which sucks.

Pays to advertise Big Russ. After all beggers can't be choosers :P

Well was a pretty busy night with a lot of nostalgia cars running as today there is a big meet for them with classes etc. So a lot of cars used the test and tune as a warm up.

Stock Sportivo vs Stock SP20 was won by the Sportivo by a margin of some 1.1-2 secs over the quarter. Superdave & Sportivo rice were within 3-4 tenths of each other at the end of the night. Not sure how many runs they had but Superdave was giving his car plenty of good ol' clutch off the line.

All the Sportivo's were running street trim(full interiors and street tyres) and on a hot day and hot track the numbers weren't all that bad. Temp was 32Deg with a track temp of about the same even at 7pm!! Humidity went up to about 70 odd% at night and all other indicators were that it wasn't the "perfect" weather conditions for racing but they still had fun anyway.

From memory Twilight's Mazda with Australia's Biggest Loser weight loss program run a pretty quick pass of 14.8 something but drag tyres are prolly the biggest difference in times there. He was able to just launch hard off the line and get some really good traction in a short distance whereas I was frying them when I hit lift in 1st then continuing it into 2nd as well. most of the other Mazda's I saw run were in the mid to high 16's with a couple of the turbo Astina's running a 15 sec pass and a wagon with nothing in it apart from half the dash and a seat was pretty quick too.

I raced Twilight, who was driving Chicaboo's 1.8L modified astina at the time. My car was on par with probably the most heavilly modified 1.8L BJII in brisbane at least, with the most experienced driver from the mazda team on the day, and I am *almost* bolt stock... so I was really pleased with that.

It was a hella busy night. Big event today didnt help matters, the track was crowded with the V8 heros and crazy jet cars...the Nazi official at the end of the staging lanes didnt help matters.. we tried to let a car in so andy and i could go head to head one race earlier, and she cracked it at him over it, then got me to roll my window down and cracked it at me...all we needed was a "no sorry"..but got the full lecture..i mean lighten up, it was a TNT...pure fun for 90% of the guys out there!

If anyone has any mazda pics they've taken, pmsg me and i'll give u my email..would like to get them all together for the mazda guys... I should have stacks of photos in general for a big photo album i am going to put together tonight, so if you want photos of yours stuck there pmsg me also..

Can't wait to see how the in car cam went... it wasnt a bad bit of equipment for the hour it took to make...and most of that was cutting up the stone aged camera mount we had.

Incase someone wants to make one for the corollas next time.. they are pretty simple... get an old tripod, cut the camera mount off it..bolt it to 1 side of an aluminium square bar, drill 2 holes for the head rest...pull the head rest off, slide head rest into the mount, then jam the head rest back into place...we used electrical tape to secure it to it didnt shake around...

http://snertspeed.pcroom.com/results.htm

My stats there...

along with twilights complete racing history (yes, always in drag trim....) if you are interested...

the weight loss was only prob good for .2 of a second overall on his car..but there was nothing stopping you guys stripping your cars down too :P

i'm happy with what my car does in stocko trim..cant wait for the sports exhaust now :)

Edited by SILVABULLIT

I'm gunna need someone to collate the corolla times for me..

Need to know: reaction, 60 foot, ET and MPH.

All will be taken seperate from each other.. so if you did a good RT, a good 60 foot and a good MPH, but all in different passes, the best will still count..

So we'll take myself as an example.

I did a 0.491 RT in one run

a 16.570 in another

and a high 80mph pass in another

so these all count as my "bests"

makes it a bit fairer as most of us were n00bs at racing and it would be a bit rich to expect everyone to only count their best single run.

(yes this does mean that andy's 14.7ish counts...even if it didnt i dont think anyone was close to his 14.8s so its academic.)

I'll have someone type up the certs and email them out to the winners accordingly

If all racers could pmsg me these details, including an email address I can email a photograph to, then do so.

some nice rocket car pics in the staging lanes too..and some other nice cars that were unrelated to the day

also there is a good test vid of how the incar camera mount went..i'm really really happy with how it worked out.. working on a universal one for the next race day so we can share the camera round if some stivos wanna take it for a pass or two.

hey everyone sorry for not rockin up at willowbank, yeah i have been pretty sick lately an i wanted to make an appearance but wasnt feelin well so we went home :( wish i could have raced! thanks heaps mazda team for the award much appreciated!!! if an event like this comes up again il make sure im there!

hey everyone sorry for not rockin up at willowbank, yeah i have been pretty sick lately an i wanted to make an appearance but wasnt feelin well so we went home :( wish i could have raced! thanks heaps mazda team for the award much appreciated!!! if an event like this comes up again il make sure im there!

No worrys about the award, we just couldnt resist a pimped out yaris =)

I'll get you something sent once I get all the other results finalised... (could be a while..heh..people are dragging the chain..)

On the subject of other events...prob will run the next TNT as a pure bit of fun.. it sort of became this as the night went on, people more concerned with bettering their results than beating other peoples...if the general consensis is that we run the next event as a comp, i'll need to sit down with Silvabullit and/or northy and get some hard and fast rules happenin to make it all "fair" etc.

Anyway.. Pmsg me an email addr i can forward your certificate to when it gets done up, and i'll make sure you get it asap.

Good friendly meet guys and good times there. I hope this showed some of the Mazda boys Toyotas claimed 16.2 for the 1/4mile and 0-100 in 8.4 is just a load of bullocks. Traction seems to alwys be an issue with the Stivo, in Sydney its the same. Dave's quickest 14.8 1/4mile pass had an average reaction time too and soft launch bcus of wheel spin/axle tramp. Someone wack on some slicks and see what the Stivo can do with some proper traction. Don't know how true the US times are but i know plenty of 2zz Celicas there with mods like Exhaust, CAI, clutch/flywheel and PowerFC can do 13s for the 1/4mile using drag slicks on the front. That's some serious times for an 1800cc NA without touching the engine internals. :)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Damn..... wish I could have made it to that one guys......maybe could have taken the cup home for us???

oh well :(

looks like a fun day was had by all. Glad to see that no punches were thrown and both clubs had a good time.

keep up the good work :D

prob will run the next TNT as a pure bit of fun.. it sort of became this as the night went on, people more concerned with bettering their results than beating other peoples

If you'll recall, Greg, that was the original intention of the whole thing ... to just make it fun and try and beat/set personal bests. It was someone else (wonder who?) who decided to infuse some competition into it all! :P