DYNO DAY 2006

vyets - Toyota Celica ZR 2000model - stock

Danz - Toyota Celica SX 2000model - AEM gen2 CAI dryflow, Trust Axel back exhaust (i think its axel), Tuned APexi power FC

BlkZR - Toyota Celica ZR 2005model - AEM gen2 CAI dryflow

thats ours. the sx isnt de-tuned or anything, but we have a feeling his trust exhaust is loseing his power. :P

rolla's pulling out impressive figures with justa intake :P

wait till i get mine ><"

btw, any rollas out there pulling over 112?

like with other mods but, maybe intake+pfc

or a rolla with a straight pipe running no cat :P i wanna see that

Edited by vyets

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vyets - Toyota Celica ZR 2000model - stock

Danz - Toyota Celica SX 2000model - AEM gen2 CAI dryflow, Trust Axel back exhaust (i think its axel), Tuned APexi power FC

BlkZR - Toyota Celica ZR 2005model - AEM gen2 CAI dryflow

thats ours. the sx isnt de-tuned or anything, but we have a feeling his trust exhaust is loseing his power. :P

rolla's pulling out impressive figures with justa intake :P

wait till i get mine ><"

btw, any rollas out there pulling over 112?

like with other mods but, maybe intake+pfc

or a rolla with a straight pipe running no cat :P i wanna see that

Come up to Brisbane!!! At our last dyno day at CES we had 6 cars over 112 kw at the wheels with the best being just under 119kw. TRD CAI. TRD headers and CES cat back system. Temps were pretty much the same as what you guys had on the weekend.

Even in 32 degree temps with high humidity my car still managed just under 113kw atw. :D

lols =x

all dynos are diffrent dude ^^

but yea not badd just under 119 with 3 mods

one of the members on ozcelica pulled 130fwkws with just aemcai trd zorst and pfc

the rest was just gearbox mods which made him run 14flat when he was only tunned at 120 sumfin kw :D

then he got a re-tune and got 130fwkws and he said he could have probally got into the 13's

but then his the only celica that pulled good figures like that

u guys have any rollas with a pfc?

Edited by vyets

Come up to Brisbane!!! At our last dyno day at CES we had 6 cars over 112 kw at the wheels with the best being just under 119kw. TRD CAI. TRD headers and CES cat back system. Temps were pretty much the same as what you guys had on the weekend.

Even in 32 degree temps with high humidity my car still managed just under 113kw atw. :D

I think if the Brisbane cars came down to Melbourne the outputs would be lower, because looking at previous results of all Dyno days so far and comparing stock to stock, it seems that all cars on average Sportivo or not, seem to get higher figures the further up North you go.

Different environments will do different things to outputs.

Sure like to try it some time. Cause it's a hell of a lot hotter up here with higher humidity on average all year round with our average winter temps only getting as low as +-5 degrees. The 21 degrees temp you guys had for the dyno day is about our max daytime temp for the middle of winter not summer. :D

After all heat sucks the performance out of an engine hence why we are always looking to find things to stay cool. ;)

So stock sportivo's in Brisbane on Average have more power?, cool, I'm buying my next car from the sunshine state. :rolleyes:

The Dyno's up there which have had results recorded on this forum generally show higher numbers. As you of all people would know, you can't compare one Dyno to another, especially when they're entire continent away!

Which brings me to my point, if you guys were to run on the same Dyno as we have down here, your figures would most likely be lower than what you've recorded at the CES Dyno.

If most Sportivo's here with a CAI are pulling around the 111kw mark, How do you explain that exact same model car with exact same mods are pulling around the 115 mark in Brisbane? :huh:

Because they're just better? hmmm. <_<

Edited by IZZ-FE

Dyno day was fantastic, I was the highest.......well in ride height anyway.

From what i understood BP ultimate is the best n a good thrashing before going on the dyno makes a difference. I dont think my week old optimax n just warmed up car helped.

Anyway generally cars lose 30% through the driveline so anything over 100kw is pretty good.

Im hoping to get CAI and some other minor mods and see if i can get 110+kw next time.

I know I definentely wont be getting a CES, or any exhaust mods (maybe port n polish though).

Also talking dynos, what sort of dyno does ces have, the ones down in melb a generally dyno dynamics, maybe different dyno makes, give higher results.

I think if the Brisbane cars came down to Melbourne the outputs would be lower, because looking at previous results of all Dyno days so far and comparing stock to stock, it seems that all cars on average Sportivo or not, seem to get higher figures the further up North you go.

Different environments will do different things to outputs.

i have had my car dyno'd in vic... i will see if i can get mine donw up here... still compately stock

Dyno day was fantastic, I was the highest.......well in ride height anyway.

I've still got to load up that coke can photo :P :lol:

And no lets not all get hot under the collar and get into the same arguements again, I'll repeat, lets not compare results from Dyno to Dyno, especially from one side of Australia to the other.

Peace :D

The few photo's I have should be up tonight, surely someone else had a Camera :o

Edited by IZZ-FE

I know I definentely wont be getting a CES, or any exhaust mods (maybe port n polish though).

Also talking dynos, what sort of dyno does ces have, the ones down in melb a generally dyno dynamics, maybe different dyno makes, give higher results.

We all use Dyno Dynamics.

You can't look at Lucio's car and make that comment, as stated before, a number of other changes have been made to the car as well as the CES exhaust.

Also what the peak power numbers don't show is that Lucio's car has significantly more urge down low than before.

The same intake that is perhaps restricting the car up high, is also giving it more torque down low, where Lucio wants the power and where it's most needed. No doubt the exhaust system has added to this too.

A good example is the two Astra turbo's, John's stock and Shane's modified ones. They showed almost identical peak power, BUT Shanes hit peak power 2000 rpm earlier! and stayed there over a spread of about 2500rpm, meaning out on the road, Shanes modded Astra would absolutely eat up John's.

Peak figures don't mean much unless you look at the whole picture.

Come on man, admit it, you want your trd back. Maybe Injen also, which ever you prefer :P

hehehe

Not really, because under driving conditions the current setup is more userfriendly so to speak and not as noisy. But i do miss the noise of the trd unit :)

Yes it did more than that but I have elected not to post the figure this is my choice just be satisfied that out of the NA cars non V8 if there was a race in power I would have won but whatever it is not relevant I am doing it more for drivabilty than absolute kilowatts.... you can't go driving around at your cars maximum power all the time. The car ecu and exhaust developmnet is still being done...so it is not a correct figure. When I have completed every thing then maybe...but what this has to do in comparisons to the stivo I have no idea they are totally different cars and how they use thier power is different as well .

I always get a laugh from people who are too scared to post their figures from a "dyno day" where the results are comparible to other cars... if you're that worried about your figure and it being published for the knowledge of others, why bother attending?

Maybe you just didn't have enough excuses prepared... boo hoo :P

I've had my car on 3 different dyno's in Brisbane and the readings were all pretty much the same. 2 runs were done in autumn/winter and one in summer.

CES dyno(bosch) 119kw winter time

C&J motorsport(dyno dynmaics) 116kw autumn

Mercury motorsport(dyno dynamics) 113kw summer

As you can see the readings are all somewhat comparable taking into the account the time of the year. the difference between CES dyno and C&J was that the C&J dyno read exactly 2kw higher with dynos being completed within 2 days of eachother in somewhat exactly the same temps etc. Can't really comment on Mercury as I've only had the one run there for a dyno day.

Maybe the Brissy cars are better :P But I would imagine that you guys further south should push better numbers with colder climates and nicer weather conditions :D

The plot thickens.......

Here we go :)

Hay u should get a refund on that **** so calld extra "10kw" more lik "-10kw" CES Man u got a bit ripd.

BIg bill With the stock 112kw now thats calld octane booster just kiding Bill good stuff like to see it with the cold air intake arm on an a nice pod then we will get up there with the daewoo boy's :P !!

WHat happend on PK's run he was unhappy with that car :( .

Cheers

Mehmet

Hay u should get a refund on that **** so calld extra "10kw" more lik "-10kw" CES Man u got a bit ripd.

BIg bill With the stock 112kw now thats calld octane booster just kiding Bill good stuff like to see it with the cold air intake arm on an a nice pod then we will get up there with the daewoo boy's :P !!

Cheers

Mehmet

No Not unhappy but there are always more ... I some other stuff happening anyway so should jump even higher....ie Headers and a diffrerent intake which should be sorted out in the next couple of weeks. The other thing is when they do these so called runs on the Dyno Day they are rushed to get through them so they way they run the car is subjective...ie car not warmed up properly blah blah. I expext more but I have different results from diffrent Dynos.....Much higher than the ones at that place....Who is right or wrong who knows...

im so spewing guys but i wont be there got a family emergency to tend to.

was dieing to know what my car dynoed now that the ecu has been replaced.

anyway hope its a great day.

p.s hope the bill gets under 100kw at the wheels would be very funny.lol

Well Bill killd it hard on the day with a 112 with the k&n an with stock filletr 111.7kw's but then everey one tryd to do what he did with runing the cars up an down the street but it never work because bill did the right timeing when he got back into the n/t work shop intime to dyno right after he frasht it hard hehehe well tony nerly got on the maen road hehehe i saw u tony!!]

Cheers

Mehmet

Cheers

Mehmet

Mate you obviously don't know alot(if anything at all) about Corolla's <_<

If you don't mind me saying Lucio(agree to disagree if you want mate :) ) was prolly the biggest sceptic of CES' system and looked at all other avenues on the market and ended up buying one and is happy as he posted. The difference in figures between Sportivos' etc on a dyno is crazy. There is a lot of variance between cars and to compare them straight up won't work. I've seen a stock Stivo push over 112kw and a modded one push 111kw. Like the results on the weekend all cars are different and react differently to different mods.

As for the "10kw " gain from CES... I believe it says on the website 6-9kw gain. ;)

I would not swap the CES over the original any day, unless you own one you are not allowed to comment simply based on a dyno chart. These measuring tool are about as accurate as stevie wonder trying to pot an eightball. Every equipment is prone to errors which are anywhere between 1-5%, so unless you own a CES system dont dish it, people have spend alot more money on mods such as trd extractors, which on a dyno wont show much gains but in real life driving, make the car soo much better to drive.

Edited by lucio_libre

Dyno Photos as promised .. was only able to take a few photos as i had to leave around 1ish that day. enjoy!

having problems uploading .. hang on guys

[url=ResizeofDSC00691.jpg]

[url=ResizeofDSC00701.jpg

[url=ResizeofDSC00686.jpg]

[url=ResizeofDSC00684.jpg]

[url=ResizeofDSC00683.jpg]

Edited by gOODbOYz