DYNO DAY 2006

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome results~ 112kw same highest figure as the last dyno!

Woohoo Go mikeyy 111.9... well done mate :D

Yup, good job Bill and Mike. Big inprovement for Mike since the last Dyno, I see that trashing your car has really paid off :P

Shocking results for Lucio with the CES exhaust though, I was really considering getting one but it doesn't look too good now.

Awesome results~ 112kw same highest figure as the last dyno!

Woohoo Go mikeyy 111.9... well done mate :D

Yup, good job Bill and Mike. Big inprovement for Mike since the last Dyno, I see that trashing your car has really paid off :P

Shocking results for Lucio with the CES exhaust though, I was really considering getting one but it doesn't look too good now.

please dont flame me for this, but i think that his intake solution is letting him down, it would be nice to see a result with somthing like a TRD, AEM etc, also talking with few people mabey a diff filter might help as well.

Thanx to the Opel guys for showing up on time :) and for the people who turned up on a sleepy Sunday morning. E-Gene, mate I am on the sidelines for this, to your car it might be a big improvement, who knows. Every car is different, not by much but all i can say is "dont know" it's your choice.

By the way Lucio describes the dyno run it's the air filter that's strangling the engine's output. Been testing CAI's for the last 4 weeks and a CAI with 2.5" diameter pipe is too small for the Stivo. At the top end of the low cam the power drops off, then as it hits lift the power climbs again then by about 7100rpm the power drops off again.

This is doing a direct comaprison to the TRD CAI using an ITG filter on both. The Apollo may feel good low down but it's sounds like it's killing the top end. Exhaust will not do this cause if anything it will be the other way around with less power at lower rpm and more top end.

Cheers SB. :D

By the way what did Peekay's million dollar Euro do? Hope he had more than the 112kw of a stock sportivo :P

I haven't received the e-mail with results yet, and don't think I will tonight, so I'll post up the figures I have, Sorry Mazda boys and girls, I will have the missing results tomorrow :(

RWD

Carra - XR8 Modified 239.4

Ilivfor6 - MX-5 Stock93.5

Unit - VL Calais Turbo Modified 221.1

? - VT SS Gen III Modified210.3

? - Skyline GTS-T (2.0) Modified 149.3

? - VN Commodore V6 Modified97

FWD Corolla

Omn1potent - Corolla Sportivo Stock(K&N filter) 112

Omn1potent - Corolla Sportivo (Standard filter) 111.7

2ft4U - Corolla Sportivo Modified111.9

E-gene Corolla Sportivo Modified111.3

Lucio_libre - Corolla Sportivo Modified107.8

gOOdbOYz - Corolla Sportivo Modified104.6

Zav - Corolla Sportivo Stock103.3

IZZ-FE - Corolla Modified79.9

FWD Celica

Danz - Celica Modified108.7

BlkZR - Celica Modified106.1

vyets - Celica -104.2 & 108.4 (Open Airbox)

FWD Holden/Opel

Cujo_71 - Astra Turbo Modified 125

Johnbu - Astra Turbo Stock124.6

Joe - Astra 1.8 Auto Modified71.2

FWD Mazda

Flameboy - SP23 Modified98.8

I'll post up the others as well as pics as soon as I have them

Cheers

Carlo

Hey, where's the mighty passat's figures? 85 kw with 150NM torque!

By the way Lucio describes the dyno run it's the air filter that's strangling the engine's output. Been testing CAI's for the last 4 weeks and a CAI with 2.5" diameter pipe is too small for the Stivo. At the top end of the low cam the power drops off, then as it hits lift the power climbs again then by about 7100rpm the power drops off again.

This is doing a direct comaprison to the TRD CAI using an ITG filter on both. The Apollo may feel good low down but it's sounds like it's killing the top end. Exhaust will not do this cause if anything it will be the other way around with less power at lower rpm and more top end.

Cheers SB. :D

By the way what did Peekay's million dollar Euro do? Hope he had more than the 112kw of a stock sportivo :P

Yes it did more than that but I have elected not to post the figure this is my choice just be satisfied that out of the NA cars non V8 if there was a race in power I would have won but whatever it is not relevant I am doing it more for drivabilty than absolute kilowatts.... you can't go driving around at your cars maximum power all the time. The car ecu and exhaust developmnet is still being done...so it is not a correct figure. When I have completed every thing then maybe...but what this has to do in comparisons to the stivo I have no idea they are totally different cars and how they use thier power is different as well .

it doesn't matter, because i just like to see the difference between his run in 05 and 06 with the parts he installed now and then.

Seriously i do think he should keep the CAI instead of opting to use the apollo.

it doesn't matter, because i just like to see the difference between his run in 05 and 06 with the parts he installed now and then.

Seriously i do think he should keep the CAI instead of opting to use the apollo.

Well, whatever the case, his Apollo system will defnitely be better than the stock airbox right? Therefore, why is he pulling less than a stock Stivo when he has the CES exhaust and a better intake system?

Every car is different I guess.

hey guys im just curious .... can u find out for us what year model celica's they were that turned up ?

If any of them are 03/04 it would be interesting to find out why they dont pull the numbers of the stivo's even though they share the same setup ..... hmmmm maybe that ecu recall .......

hey guys im just curious .... can u find out for us what year model celica's they were that turned up ?

If any of them are 03/04 it would be interesting to find out why they dont pull the numbers of the stivo's even though they share the same setup ..... hmmmm maybe that ecu recall .......

The other 2 were 2000's... mine is a 2005.

Danz had intake and exhaust.... vyets was completely stock and mines got a CAI

Hey lucio, did u get direct dyno graph comparisons between 05 and 06 run? You should be able to see at which point the exhaust and the apollo made a difference even though peak power is the same.

I got a comparison graph, wish i had a scanner. The power curve is much flatter at lower rpm's and there is a gain of 1-2kw's all the way until you hit lift, at which point it stays the same then drops of by 1kW.

Great day and nice to meetup with u guys in TOC.

I'm going bak to NT performance to re-tune and re-dyno my car as the figures show i gained 1.4kw from a short-ram k&n and magnaflow exhaust compared to my previous dyno 103.4kw when i was stock.

Simon said my fuilds were running to rich .. i think it was bc the filter was taking in too much hot air.. injen cai should b installed this sat so hopefully the problem is all fixed ! :(

oh yeah will upload pix from dyno day soon!

Edited by gOODbOYz

Well, whatever the case, his Apollo system will defnitely be better than the stock airbox right? Therefore, why is he pulling less than a stock Stivo when he has the CES exhaust and a better intake system?

Every car is different I guess.

Not necessarily will be better than stock airbox.