Sportivo not on Toyota Australia Webiste

Yeah! Just checked out the website too..they've revised it..and have removed the Sportivo from the Corolla Range....hmm..interesting...

-Chris

Yeah guys you cant see it in some pages

BUT

If you go to the Genuine Accessories then click on the left, then the Corolla Sportivo link is there :blink::blink::blink:

My guess is that they did an update of the pages and have/have not updated it....

Lawrence :blink:

The stivo is listed under the sports cars section with the celica and mr2..

Even if they discontinue it, it would be good for us in a way.. that would definately cause the stivo's price to hold strong :D

enny: It's not listed under the sports section. that's the 'Camry Sportivo' you're seeing with the celica and MR2.

maybe they're sorta hiding it....so that not so many people will buy it..until they FIX the damn thing!!

it would definately keep the price strong if they discontinue!!!

what about aftermarket parts? guess we'll have to go to the US/UK/NZ for them then....

-Chris

I saw the Corolla Sportivo listed under sports ...a few days ago..

now it is gone...

i wonder if it is because they updated the homepage with an OLD homepage, cos they might be testing the homepage for the new corollas range.

it could be that or it could be due to the possible introduction of the new WORLD COROLLA ;) ;) ;)

Toyota's website recently got into very big trouble with consumer affairs. They had wrong info on it, said the original Conquest had fast glass, but neglected to mention it was only on the front, there were a few other misleading things there too.

You had to go through a "This website is under audit" frontpage before accessing the site for about 4 or 5 months, because of the legal action, so you can bet yr dangly bits they're being extra cautious with info on the site now.

The other thing that occured to me was that perhaps the Sportivo is going to be the first to me announced, sort of a flagship model for Corolla..??

fast glass?? makes ur car go faster...??

enny: i stand corrected...it probably was on when u checked..and wasn't when i checked. Sorry dude.

:)

-Chris

I hope Toyota hasn't misquoted anything for the Stivo or i will be really ****** :angry:

Or maybe Toyota Australia is introducing the new Stivo with the revised 2ZZGE that has a lower power and tourque output?

My cuz went to toyota as he is interested in a sportivo, he was told quote "the sportivo is unavailable as it is being recalled for having too many rattles, toyota will be contacting all owners shortly" could this be the reason the sportivo is not on the website???????

My cuz went to toyota as he is interested in a sportivo, he was told quote "the sportivo is unavailable as it is being recalled for having too many rattles, toyota will be contacting all owners shortly" could this be the reason the sportivo is not on the website???????

Heh would be nice if they called it back and gave me my money back, they I would not need to find someone to buy it in a couple of months :P. I would like to point out though, I am the luckiest stivo owner in the worls, I have had ZERO rattles and only one issue (headlights pointing a little too high, fixed straight away by dealer) I have experienced no other issues which have been reported by just about every other stivo owner.

Blade

Emailed a dealer and they said,

"Toyota have currently stopped supply and delivery of all Corolla Sportivos. They have not advised exactly why or for how long but assure us it is temporary. In line with this they would also have removed it from their web site."

Still doesn't say much.

Wonder if all the new ones will be "Rick Bates Specials" and come thru

his workshop with a few of his "Leanne Ferrier/GT Production" tweaks?

. . . . . nah, probably not.

BTW - no rattle problems with mine either.